OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Controls Reply with quote

I can't find mouse look. Where is the option of turning ON?
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

There is no mouselook, because the games doesn't need mouselook.
Exact aiming isn't needed, and you wouldn't be able to execute combos and special moves properly with a mouse.
Hnefi2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

There is no mouselook in this game. It's keyboard (or gamepad) only.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Bummer, I would still like to try it. I think that it would make the game more fun.
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Well, if you gave true mouselook, anyone who used it would have a great advantage over those who didn't, due to the speed of turning, and it would ruin the feel of the game.

If you gave restricted mouselook where you got no advantages over the current movement system, almost everyone who would try it would get frustrated by the lack of true mouselook, and might just dump the game, and not give it a chance without mouselook.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

But, this is the same argument as using keyboard or mouse in FPS. It's up to the player to choose which input method to use. So in this case, why not give a choice to me/us.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Just so you know mouse look was implemented at some point in the beta and had poor results :sweat2:
Kilo24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Maybe we should add this in a stickied FAQ thread, with other stuff like:
1. No mouselook.
2. No tournament mode.
3. No, Endy. Smile
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

There is a tournament mode, just not getting money/upgrades, ect., and one of that sort is planned to be modded in.
On the other hand, I doubt any mod that adds mouselook will ever have much success.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Quote:
Just so you know mouse look was implemented at some point in the beta and had poor results :sweat2:

Maybe it was not tweaked well enough. And for few beta testers to decide for the entire gaming commnity that mouse look is not good, it's just doing diservice to all of us. I'm sure that there are allot of players who would like to to use it.

And for the FAQ to state "No Mouse Look" without any good reason, that's just not good enough to convice those players.
Kilo24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

The FAQ was mostly a joke. I think the reasons for getting rid of mouse support are in http://www.support.omf.com/.

And on a side note, there's a mispelling on the last question entry on the miscellaneous page. Vide should be video (sorry, I just kind of notice these things.)
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Actually, there have been very long threads arguing the merits and pitfalls of mouselook, and the majority of people agree that it wouldn't be good for the game.

I disagree with your comment about it being like the option in fps games, becuase to have mouselook that would be any good to use, you'd have to modify the gameplay to a point where it would be very different, and keyboard or gamepad only players would be at a sever disadvantage.

Do you know of any fps games where you can play with only keyboard and do as good as with mouselook?
Even old games that weren't designed for mouselook, like Doom, multiplayer, you will have a great advantage over people who don't use mouselook.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

What the [filtered] would you use mouselook for?! This gets very irritating, you know. The entire PC gaming world seems to be restricted to FPSes and RTS, and therefore most PC gamers are attached to their mice. The thing is, One Must Fall: Battlegrounds is not a shooter, it is not a RTS, it is not a MMORPG of the month!

One Must Fall: Battlegrounds is a fighting game. Shake the idea that you need a mouse for everything. Shake it completely. Some of us hardly use the mouse at all for anything.

And please, for the love of God, do not use the argument "[unnecessary feature] works very well in [random game]"

It does not apply. It just doesn't, no matter what game or feature you're talking about, even if the feature is already in the game; even if the other game is also a fighting game, One Must Fall: Battlegrounds is still incredibly far away from any other game.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you know of any fps games where you can play with only keyboard as well as with mouselook?
Even old games that weren't designed for mouselook, like Doom, multiplayer, you will have a great advantage over people who don't use mouselook.

That's my point, that the mouse look in FPS are much better then keyboard, but there are still some players who use only keyboard. So, for me it's a choice, which I should be able to have, even if I suck at it.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

After playing the game for a while your desire for mouse look magicly goes away Wink Seriously, no one who has played the game for a while wants to have mouse-look in the game... Wouldn't make you turn any faster anyway....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: