OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

i read most of this. the reason y there is no mouse look is because u wouldnt be able to turn fast like ur thinking. ud only be able to turn around as fast as anyone using a keyboard or controller. its as simple as that. so overall its a disadvantage.
copperhand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Quote:
Did I come accross as hostile, or was this just a general disclaimer? :confused:

General disclaimer. If mouse control is mentioned, there's guaranteed to be at least one angry response, which is unnecessary. Smile
Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

YEAH SAUL!! I'M ANGRY YOU MENTIONED THAT! jking Smile :thumbsup:
ElementFire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

I know it's a little redundant now, but here's the exact link to a more informative FAQ about mouselook:

http://www.support.omf.com/faq/index.php?cid=6#faq22
Socrates

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

i agree with flaming monkey, i cant even begin to understand why you would even SORTA want mouselook in the game
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Not related to ur mouselook convo, but someone REALLY needs to update the Game Files page in the Support section. 2 patches have been released, but not linked to. A pain in the arse for people who don't realize that they can jist take the link of the existing one and change the build number Razz
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Wayne is on vacation, he'll be back next year. In fact, last I heard, they were all on vacation for a while.

Blind patriotism
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

No we're not.

Those patch links should get fixed today some time.
Or tomorrow.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Guys that put up patches at 4 am (Yes, it has happened) do not take vacations. They just drink alot of coffee. :tongue2:
Marks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Quote:
Those patch links should get fixed today some time.

So DE will actually patch the website to fix the patch links. Cool. :thumbsup:
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

ehm... if you're still thinking the Beta Testers don't count for much, they've been testing the game since around build 500(and I think even that's a late estimate). The game is now in build 2097(magic number, woot!), so I think they (we!Very Happy) should have a fairly solid knowledge of what works well and what doesn't. Besides, some FPS's don't benefit from mouselook at all. Take MechWarrior 4, for instance. I need my 6 triggers more than i need instant torso-twist, and therefore, mouselook in MW4 is effectively worthless.

Now, if you'd like to keep arguing for mouselook, then I'll take your side just this once. I want mouselook in Mortal Kombat! and Virtual On and Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter and MVC and Soul Calibur! And why stop there? Gimme mouselook in Marioland 3! I want mouselook in Marioland 3! And it's counterpart, Sonic the Hedgehog! Where's my STH mouselook!? What about Final Fantasy 7!? I want to be able to navigate the world map using a mouse! Or Chu Chu Rockets? does it have mouse controll?(dont' have the Dreamcast mouse, so I can't check) oh! SSBM! I want mouselook for SSBM! and while we're on games with Link in them, what about Legend of Zelda! I can't fight evil and save the world without a mouse! Or Super Metroid? I need mouselook to run around properly in Super Metroid!

What other games would benefit from mouselook?
Kilo24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

The point's been made, Lonewolf. Most of the games you listed don't even have a mouse. They're just wondering why their PC action game doesn't even support mouselook, unlike the other PC action games they've become accustomed to.
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

I know, I was just trying to beat it far enough into the ground that nobody would bother anymore. That's why I specificly picked lots of console platformers.
Kilo24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

Probably the bigger issue is putting a 'no mouselook' sign where people will see it, rather then just killing it now for it to be brought up again later. For example, if this thread was stickied and retitled, "This is your brain on mouselook."
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Controls Reply with quote

me likes. Me likes a lot.

Also, the "NO FPS" picture. If DE made the menu keyboard-navigable, they could put a "No mouse required" tag on the box somewhere.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: