OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

So many support posts have boiled down people having older Non T&L cards I decided this is a good thread to create.

OMF:BG requires that you're video card support Hardware Based Transformation and Lighting.

Common video chipsets that are [color="red"]NOT[/color] supported to run the game:

• 3DFx Voodoo, Voodoo II, Voodoo III, Voodoo 4, Voodoo 5 (never, ever, ever!)
  • All ATi cards before the Radeon 7200
  • All Intel motherboard chipsets
  • All Kyro or PowerVR
  • All Matrox
  • ALL nVidia chipsets before the Geforce
  • All S3
  • All SiS
  • All Trident

A 100% DirectXŽ-Compliant 3D video card is required. OMF:BG uses DirectX 9 to support 3D hardware acceleration. OMF:BG has been tested on many, but not all, of the major video cards incorporating the chipsets listed below:

• ATIŽ Radeon 7200
  • ATIŽ Radeon 7500
  • ATIŽ Radeon 8500
  • ATIŽ Radeon 9500
  • ATIŽ Radeon 9600
  • ATIŽ Radeon 9700/pro
  • ATIŽ Radeon 9800
  • NVidia GeForce 256
  • NVidia GeForce 2 MX
  • NVidia GeForce 2 GTS
  • NVidia GeForce 2 Ultra
  • All NVidia GeForce 3/Ti series
  • NVidia GeForce 4 MX
  • All NVidia GeForce 4 series
  • All Nvidia GeForce 4/ti series
  • All Nvidia GeForce FX series

Hopefully this will be a shortcut for anyone experiancing an inability to load the game the first time.

There is a probram that will emulate Transformation and Lighting. This program is not supported or endorsed by us but some players have reported being able to play the game without a supported video chipset by using this program.
[color="red"]Be aware that by emulating T&L in software you will significantly slow down your computer and drasticly affect the games frame rate.[/color]
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

and some can use radeon 7000 without using it.. somehow..

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Sinkaro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

Yeah, but there's no reflectedy-goodness, nor decent shadows with 7000 that I can see.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

And some of us run it with the nifty 3d analyze, but without reflections or glow.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

lol.. do you think a "supported" gf4mx does shadows and reflections like a charm?

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

It runs on a Radeon 9000 and a 9200, two of my friends have those cards and it plays fine...
Kilo24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

Also, the respective Pro and XT versions of the Radeon 9500, 9600, and 9800.
jag-freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

Well then I guess I better find out what ATI Radeon version I have, no use wasting the money. Glad this was posted and that I actually looked at it.

Support democracy with your communist free refills and all you can eat buffets.

Sell your soul to society, happiness is the key to joining a cult.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

ye in earlyer statements any radeon 7200 or above would work.. :\
(i wonder if 7500pci will work)

Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

The game should also work with the Matrox Parhelia, some of the Xabre cards, and the new SiS cards, I'll get exact models in a bit if no one else has.
salem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

There will be new graphic adapters from XGI, the Volari V5 and V8 so expect to put them on the list Wink
As i have seen in some benchmarks those card will compete with the best cards of Nvidia and Ati, but they are still at beta both drivers and hardware. Let's see what depares to us those cards.
cool_mat_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

i am sorry that i am verry ignorent, can you please tell me the chip set rom nedded. i don't know what many of those cards are and the ones i do know are way to expensive for me, i am running a cheep diamond 3dfx III and it has 64 MB of VROM. is that enough???
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

probably not. I can't seem to find any real specifications for that card, but seeing as it's a 3dfx card, it probably won't work.

here's a big tip that seems to be causing many problems...

UPDATE YOUR VIDEO CARD DRIVERS

in caps so you won't miss it Smile. A lot of the graphics problems people are having are fixed by updating their drivers, not only for the video card, but all other system drivers as well.

Blind patriotism
KnightRyder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

My radeon IGP 345m card in my laptop can play it but no reflections though. At least I can play the game, even though the frame rate is still bad.
flamincows

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: **VIDEO CARD INFORMATION** !!PLEASE CHECK FIRST!! Reply with quote

I play great wit an GeForce3 Ti 200.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: