OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Errorless crashes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socrates

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

anyone else get errorless crashes? Just a dump to the desktop with no message? I do. I used to get an error, but these errorless ones started recently, may have been after i switched from a gf4 ti 4200 to a radeon 9700 pro, but im not sure exactly when it started. i have the letest drivers for my sound card (sb audigy platinum ex) and the radeon, and windows xp. Happens quite frequently and is a BIG annoyance. Used to only happen at end of a round pretty much, but now it happens in the middle of rounds too. Seems to happen on any arena. All my detail settings are on high or enabled, and my resolution is 1024x768
unkownvirus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Hey yo Magnifico eh?

anyways

I had the same excact thing I dont feel like posting my sucky PC specs. all I did was uninstall then reinstall. Im in errorless world.

:shocked:

BTW, When I uninstalled it still kept all the pilots I unlocked when I reinstalled.

:confused:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

hmm ok thank you sir
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

when no error report comes up it means that something in ur hardwere division locked up.
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Quote:
when no error report comes up it means that something in ur hardwere division locked up.

i dont like the sound of that, that happens to me but very rarely now. I dont want my hardware being fried, and i know what the weak link is my gfx card, i cant fry that i need it, so i turned down some of the graphics so my card dont go and kill itself :sweat2:

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Kilo24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Confirmed, I just got one today for this build. I've never gotten a crash with an error since I got retail, though I've had several nonerror crashes.
Golgie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Crashes haven't been giving me error reports at all since I went from win98 to XP.. not like there's been many since then.. two during multiplayer that I can remember and one during single player.
Socrates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Quote:

are you sure about that? never happens in other games, and i used to get errored crashes just as frequently. now the error ones have simply been replaced with non error ones. what hardware would it most likely be? vid card?

im gonna reinstall right now, im sick of this =(.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

I've had several of those, mainly during a multiplayer game. The game doesn't exactly 'crash', it just decides to exit itself.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

I'm curious... are these "Crash to Desktop" crashs? Like it spontaneously exits to your desktop? Does everyone here have win2k, winxp or equivalent?

Blind patriotism
unkownvirus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

it is a CTD

(CTD) Had to say it mag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

I get lots. It's odd how the game runs good, but crashes all the time. I think it's cus the hardware can't handle it... try turning details down, or updating drivers and such
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm curious... are these "Crash to Desktop" crashs? Like it spontaneously exits to your desktop? Does everyone here have win2k, winxp or equivalent?

The ones I'm experiencing are spontaneous exits to the desktop, primarily during multiplayer games. I'm running Windows XP Pro.
Socrates

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

my hardware can definitely handle it, i have latest drivers, and i have win xp pro. yes they are crash to desktops, game just exits, no error message, no sound, niente. ive had it happen both with and without other things running in the background. only multiplayer, i dont really play that single player crap

Lol godzuki
Debo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Errorless crashes Reply with quote

I too get these errorleess crashes,on all 9 pcs on my house. Most common,surprisingly, is my P4 2.6 ghz P4 with HT. Considering it's armed with a GeForceFX5900Ultra(Oc'ed),1 gig of pc3200 DDR dual channel memory(800mhz FSB), and a Audigy 2 card as well. There's no way 9 computers ALL have problems on the hardware side, plus everyone else who has the same problrm, to think that would be silly. Especially considering it works fine on every other game(even the monster known as halo never errors). I personally LOVE this game, but it's hard to enjoy it when I can't play more than 3 or 4 matches before I'm back to my desktop. Please fix this bug asap, as it's definitely a bug, and a severe one. Also, I've tried re-installing, doesn't work. I've also run in safe mode..doesn't work. EVen put all the settings to low,and turned off anisotropic filtering and AA...still does it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: