OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open *Challenge* Dealie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saiyaman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

I'll give it a go in another week if you don't mind. Working up some new material. I'd like to say that jag spam needs fixing, or counter needs a shorter cool down time.

-George Bush Jr is a total moron, as is anyone who defines "patriotism" as unconditional support.
-Prove to me that there's no such thing as magic faeries and I'll prove to you that there's no God.
-Gays are human beings, any institutionalized descrimination needs to go already
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll give it a go in another week if you don't mind. Working up some new material. I'd like to say that jag spam needs fixing, or counter needs a shorter cool down

hehe, you do know you're asking them to nerf jag dont you? :p

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Socrates

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

theres something weird about omf's fighting system, and im guessing the block system specifically, that makes things like "jaguar spam" kind of weird. in a normal fighter you would be able to counter naturally without the use of special counter moves. in OMF you cant really. cant figure out exactly whats different. anyone know?
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

i think its cause of the high/low moves in other fighters.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
saiyaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

ok, so it doesn't need fixing, but counter needs a shorter cool down or something.

-George Bush Jr is a total moron, as is anyone who defines "patriotism" as unconditional support.
-Prove to me that there's no such thing as magic faeries and I'll prove to you that there's no God.
-Gays are human beings, any institutionalized descrimination needs to go already
Socrates

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

well me and dare did some testing with marvel vs capcom, ssf2 turbo, kiler instinct 2, anmd found that in all three games the reason spamming on a blocking attacker wasnt effective was distance. Attacks in those fighting games on a blocking opponent knock your opponent back a more significant distance, and in the capcom games they also knock you back as well. This is also why tick throws are much easier in OMF. but what xaronth said also ties into it, because the ability to low attack and jump attack (jumping > crouching > standing > jumping) makes it less likely to find yourself hitting a wall, so this situation isnt even encountered as often. i wonder what OMF would be like with crouching moves
Endy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

Quote:
Average of about 5-2, not a bad showing.

5 player, 2 sayia?

Hmm, I thought he'd do better...
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

i thought player would do better....

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
saiyaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

That was over three weeks ago. I've only been playing for two months, well in a few days it'll be two.

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

thats why i thought so, now id expect about 10-8 player win... unless he actually HAS been playing lately Razz

saiyaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

lol Razz we will see. I don't see him on the winning side of a ratio in a jag:jag duel though, especially if we got into the demo patch changes.... I have something that nearly kills backwards walk as it is on retail.

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

Quote:
lol Razz we will see. I don't see him on the winning side of a ratio in a jag:jag duel though

i most definitly do.

saiyaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

Eh, I was kindof... beating him yesterday, until we switched hars Very Happy My team lost every round almost because it was 4v2, though.

Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

I like how you only choose the moments that suit you best.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Open *Challenge* Dealie Reply with quote

maybe its time u guys rematch :p

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: