OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions***
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

If the tournament mode expansion is created, this could open up many possibilities and mini-games within OMF.

For example, you could do other things that would sidetrack you from regular fighting... Working to earn money... e.g. Acting as a bodyguard in your HAR and defending VIPs from harm. Which could involve fighting, distracting, shielding etc... strategic combat... One Must Look After WAR (OM-LAW)...

You could also train a student/students in a HAR pilot school... which could involve sessions in SIMs and you get to see your pupil(s) grow up and develop skills over time... which could evolve into you becoming their manager dude like you see in 2097. Managing accounts, upgrades, selling level 4 Arm speed cos they didn't profit etc So you have essentially an OMF management Sim...

Other ways in which you could make OMF cross-genre is making it a betting mans game... i.e. You bet, as a spectator to online games, who will win, and upon winning or losing the bet the cash is added to your tournament account where you can use the money you win from betting to upgrade your HAR etc...

There are a world of possibilites for those with time and imagination, but OMF could become a wide-spread game with global domination due to interactivity between genres.... Well... that's the dream Razz

------------------
-=Blaze Your Trail=-
    -=Phreaky=-
------------------
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

wow... you have a lot of time to think about these things, don't you? The bodyguard thing is sw33t, though.

------------------
"The only time you'll hear a journalist talk about 'left wing' is when it involves a part of an airplane." - Bernard Goldberg

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
iambobsushi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

Those would be really fun, but it's not very likely to happen. If an expansion pack or sequal had those, however, OMF would be a lot cooler.
Mogusha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

All the ideas are good however.. for the betting thing alot of the younger people might get mad if they lose all their money.
Also that might start problems with people creating fake fights just for money. But it could easily be solved by only allowing official fights to be bet upon.
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

Perhaps the loss of credits could put the young'uns off gambling for good... OMF the prosocial game

------------------
-=Blaze Your Trail=-
    -=Phreaky=-
------------------
[peer]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

It sounds like an amazing idea if you could do it, but it would take forever to get it good..

If you have the time to do this and make it as big and involved as it sounds, then by all means make it! I want to see how it'll be when it's done.

Another idea would be to get a development team of some kind.. To make one of these,, perhaps after finishing a major game project of some kind. It wouldn't have to be a big development team or anything, perhaps just a bunch of guys somewhere in Florida..

------------------
[peer]
"I couldn't think of anything stupid, so I put something dumb instead."
--Khalal

Windows XP Professional
AMD AthlonXP 1800+, 1.53 GHz
192 MB SDRAM
ASUS V8440 GeForce4 Ti4400 with 128MB VRAM
ADSL
Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

That's the idea [peer]

I couldn't make it... but I AM making the suggestions

I think that all you great programmers and designers could make it if you wanted to and if you had the time... DE could do it... but it'll take 'em a good while as it would you alone... why don't we all get together and make this?

------------------
-=Blaze Your Trail=-
    -=Phreaky=-
------------------
MrMozel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

Nice idea Phreaky, definately one of the coolest things about OMF: BG is that it will have endless posibilities
Another cool thing would be races where you have to avoid obsticles deal damage to your openent to slow them down or eliminate them.

------------------
What'd they do? rip your tounge out?
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
When the BEER has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
-www.goats.com
topace16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

While im not one of the people working on the game (obviously), i dont think it would be that hard to incorperate a minigame on par with a slot machine or space invaders. Incorperating something new that was 3d would probably take more time. Also its important to remember that OMF:BG is very mod friendly, so if someone sometime along the line decides to create a racing version, so be it.

------------------
Quote:
-I am ruler of the world. Everyone else is just a rebel.

Harvester of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

Hey, if anyone needs someone to do system design / programming....I usually have a bit of free time.

------------------
~~~Kurowan Atsureki, Za Nekura Tenshi~~~
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

It has to be a minigame VERY closely linked to the story or theme of OMF... not just putting HARs instead of cars... which could be cool

------------------
-=Blaze Your Trail=-
    -=Phreaky=-
------------------
Alexander de Large

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

HoS: Why are you named after a Metallica song?
1nfern0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

Maybe he likes their music?

------------------
The things you will regret the most, are the chances you did not take.
Robyrt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

I think most of this could easily be solved with the magic wand of scenarios... for example, your objective in this fight is to act as a bodyguard, in the next one you must race to the finish, etc. A management-type mode would be very cool (and not too difficult in principle); just combine VF2's programmable AI with a simple system to have your pupil play the 1P game.
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ***Suggestions for OMF:BG expansions*** Reply with quote

There ya go see... Robyrt's optimistic about it!

However, who will bother with it? Does anyone REALLY want OMF to dominate every genre??

WAIT! yes we do! go go go

------------------
-=Blaze Your Trail=-
    -=Phreaky=-
------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: