OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AIM names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

yeah icq offline messages simply rock, and MSN smileys are indeed > other messengers, i use ICQ for ICQ and AIM (icq can send messages to AIM clients and use MSN...

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
flamincows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

fl4m1nc0ws.
I use AIM because everyone I know is on it. Smile
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Drag them onto mIRC. It owns everything in existence. :p Screw IMs, mIRC has everything you need.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

TuF: Disagree about smilies, cant stand them. and that new "picture" thingy is so stupid i cant find words.

FlamingMonkey: IRC suits many needs, but i still have a place for IM's to fill where IRC cannot.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

you can always just turn them off Very Happy

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Quote:
you can always just turn them off Very Happy

Agreed, so your point about Trillian's smileys shouldn't be a problem. Wink
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

i cant enable MSN smileys in trillian (while using aim smileys for the aim part)

FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Quote:
TuF: Disagree about smilies, cant stand them. and that new "picture" thingy is so stupid i cant find words.

FlamingMonkey: IRC suits many needs, but i still have a place for IM's to fill where IRC cannot.

Examples?
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

offline messages! Very Happy

FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

...But we have a great many other ways of doing that than an IM. :crazy:
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Examples?

Smilies
Private Conversations (without having to make a new channel)

uh...

can think of no more

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Private messages, and not only do you not need smileys, but you can also make them outside of their lame picture counterparts. :shocked:
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

I for one prefer the offline messages, the fact that i can see if people are online or not, have a more "private" sort of chat than the irc, i also think irc is HIGHLLY unpractical if i just want to talk to one person. I also have better experience with filetransfering as well as user information and other details that i just love in icq. msn and aim have most of these, but i feel their protocols are so much more limited, and in msn's case to limited in the CHAT part and to much focused on the "flashy" mode.

I am gaining more respect for AIM that makes the barrier between icq and aim less, by making the aim/icq able to "see" eachother, if there just hadent been so darn many people on msn i would have disabled it instantlly.

and for chat 3 people + IRC is superior, now if we could only make ICQ and IRC work together it would be perfect.
flamincows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

Many of the people whom I talk to on AIM would not understand IRC. They aren't very "technically inclined".
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: AIM names Reply with quote

The bane of the world i tell you ... the bane of the world Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: