OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess what, 2161
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Elam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

New demo build, 2161. There have been quite a few little changes, one rather decent sized networking one that some may not notice (let's see who can guess why it's different Smile). Anyway, another thing is that pressing forward and evade will autoturn towards your current target, I really want to know how it feels, we're trying to come up with easy/intuitive solutions to help the new guys (lining up on targets is a valid gripe). But bunch of changes, so let's get the hate going Smile.
Bluez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Yay, hate! Reply with quote

Yay, hate!

-Bluezy Bunny
Ithon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

now what would be best (In my opinion) is to have these new solutions for the new guies, as and option where one could turn it on and off. Let's call this option a "handycap" Ithion quotes with his fingers this "handycap" would be great for both the new little padawans, and for a better challenge for the pros. (like in golf)
Yes easy/intuitive solutions like "handycaping" is a grat idea.

Oh yhea I'm not dead.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

lets go see if my change was put in :tongue2:

it wasnt Sad
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

I haven't noticed much at all yet... I'm leaving a server up tonight if anyone cares...

Blind patriotism
Juan Villegas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

Just wanted to give you guys a list of some of the changes/fixes.

We severely reduced the recoveries on air attacks.

Increased distance of side evades.

Turning has been changed back to the old standard (making it faster).

Text bug is fixed. Actually it was fixed in 2060 but I forgot to post it.

Force can now do the Super Meteor Call from the air.

Force's fast side attacks have a wider range.

Fixed the carriable bug. No more getting stolen carriables stuck in hands.

Air throws are no longer interrupted by landing.

Some of the Pyros issues that were broke in 2060 should work again. Also his A.RKL has been improved. It has longer distance and longer hit range.

No changes made to any basic attacks (except Pyros A.RKL)

DE
Marks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

Yay for patch!
Just so you know, the previous build was 2160. Wink
Bluez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Juan's a daddy! Reply with quote

Juan's little baby's growing up too fast for him to keep track... *sniffle*.

-Bluezy Bunny
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Juan's a daddy! Reply with quote

"We severely reduced the recoveries on air attacks."
"Turning has been changed back to the old standard (making it faster)."
"Force can now do the Super Meteor Call from the air."
"Fixed the carriable bug. No more getting stolen carriables stuck in hands."
"Some of the Pyros issues that were broke in 2060 should work again. Also his A.RKL has "been improved. It has longer distance and longer hit range."

sounds very very good Smile

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Juan's a daddy! Reply with quote

yup, a.frk is indeed quite different, and pyros feels fast again, its too bad you cant consistently combo out of a.(RP)firespin though, that used to be really useful, on the ground i fully agree the new (RP)firespin is very good, likely better then the old version, in the air, i think the old version was better.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Marks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Juan's a daddy! Reply with quote

It feels like you have improved the targeting a bit, so you won't lose an opponent in the middle of a combo. Evade turn feels a bit like auto aim, which is a good thing I guess. But like everything with target change, it could lead to problems if there are many opponents. An option to switch it off, would be desired.

This build also feels a bit faster than the previous one, which probably has to do with that air recoveries were reduced. Me likes. :thumbsup:
Crashed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2161 Reply with quote

People are actually complaining about Pyros being nerfed too much? I just had an online match and I think that bot rocks! Since 2160 I played all demo bots for about an equal time (and I almost never play them in retail) and with all due respect to Pyros players, I think Pyros kinda is 'easy mode', with Force being medium and Jag hard mode (how they feel to me).

The autoturn to target is nice, but I'm not really sure how handy it will be since everybody is usually running and jumping and evading around and besides, a double tap evade will line you up as well, altough not continually, but I don't really see a nescessity for continuous lineup where your always walking towards your target.

Also, it can act weird with sidestepping, if you start to sidestep with a side key it will act like it had before this was implemented, however, if you start with autolineup walking and then use a sidekey with it, it will act a bit weirdish, sometimes homing, sometimes not, sometimes twitching the direction, feels a bit weird.

Ans a small thing, sometimes the training bot when he turns around to get to his plateau spins really fast a couple of times before going back. Btw, I like where you start now in the training arena, it's a small thing, but it's a good thing.

So far I like these builds and imo, "release candidate" is a proper term for them Smile
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE AIW @ Pro, 128 MB RAM, 2048/320 ADSL
Socrates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2161 Reply with quote

ya i play all the bots except force gargoyle and warlord and honestly pyros is one of the easier of the ones i play
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2161 Reply with quote

pyros indeed is easy to learn, however pyros is far more difficult to be truely competitive with.

saiyaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Guess what, 2161 Reply with quote

Quote:
New demo build, 2161. There have been quite a few little changes, one rather decent sized networking one that some may not notice (let's see who can guess why it's different Smile). Anyway, another thing is that pressing forward and evade will autoturn towards your current target, I really want to know how it feels, we're trying to come up with easy/intuitive solutions to help the new guys (lining up on targets is a valid gripe). But bunch of changes, so let's get the hate going Smile.

Do you block while doing the forwars+evade button? How effective is this? Instead of just ducking Razz

-George Bush Jr is a total moron, as is anyone who defines "patriotism" as unconditional support.
-Prove to me that there's no such thing as magic faeries and I'll prove to you that there's no God.
-Gays are human beings, any institutionalized descrimination needs to go already
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: