OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unrecoverable error when joining server

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A_Llama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

Well, every time i join a server i get an unrecoverable error. I have played the game online many times, but now i get this:

Application: OMF:BG
Time: Fri Mar 12 14:03:42 2004

Crash ID: 183
Call Stack:
CORE!0x2003CDC0:int DE_CObject::ObjIsDerivedFrom(class DE_CObjectFactory const &=0x0A941558)
GetFunctionInfoFromAddresses() failed:
GetFunctionInfoFromAddresses() failed:

System Description:
Build: 2172
Platform: Windows 98
Service Pack: A

4 MHz AuthenticAMD
PageSize: 4096

Physical Memory: 255MB, Available: 16MB
Total Virtual: 2044MB
Memory Used: 96%

Video Adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600

Audio Adapter: Unknown
Total HW Buffers: 33, 33 3D Buffers

I've tried it on the latest pre release version and the demo, but I seem to get the same thing.
A_Llama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

Well, i closed some of the things I had running in the backround, AND IT WORKED!

Both on the demo and retail :thumbsup:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

congrats Very Happy
could you give some details about what applications? it might be useful for DE

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
A_Llama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

BLARGH!!!

Well, it's happening again. I did exactly what i did last time, but it's crashing again.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

You might wanna run Adaware on your PC... it works great against Spyware, and believe me, if you haven't scanned, you're PC will be litered with Spyware

Electronic Gaming Machine
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

Quote:
You might wanna run Adaware on your PC... it works great against Spyware, and believe me, if you haven't scanned, you're PC will be litered with Spyware

if you're an average user...

it didnt find anything on my comp which i already had installed for a few months... and that was when i thought it was getting messy :p

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

Quote:

Not if you never use IE, or install crappy programs on purpose. Smile
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Unrecoverable error when joining server Reply with quote

This happens often to me too. The game crashes whenever you try to join a server more than once before waiting for the first join to cancel or go through. To avoid this crash, simply never double click on servers, and click the join button only once and wait. This is what I do, and I rarely get this crash anymore (as in once every few hours). Luckily it takes no more than 3 seconds to start the game on my computer so it's not really an issue for me Very Happy, but it is certainly a bug that should be ironed out before the demo is released.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: