OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone recommend a good clan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unkownvirus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:

beautiful! :ooo:

that smiley is never used

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
Official definition from the creator of the term:

[color="white"] Smurfing
A slang term coined by GFraizer (Nebu) and Warp! to mean good or famous players using fake names to hide from people and then attempting to beat other players. It is only a "Smurf" if those players win. Common phrases: "You've been Smurfed by ____" [/color]

its called smurfing because he and his friend used to use actual smurf names while in disguise on warcraft 2 like "Sleepy_Smurf" "Grumpy_Smurf" etc and beat people, and everyone would go "who are the smurfs?!?!?"

hey thats pretty educational, fun fact :thumbsup:
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
robusa80

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

what was the source for the def? the dictionary?
ElementFire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
Nay, I told people who PaC was before they even asked

Riight.
saiyaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Uh yeah, I am. It was because I changed my name to PaC and told people that caused this "being in two clans at once thing" because I didn't spend anytime unkown on PaC.

-George Bush Jr is a total moron, as is anyone who defines "patriotism" as unconditional support.
-Prove to me that there's no such thing as magic faeries and I'll prove to you that there's no God.
-Gays are human beings, any institutionalized descrimination needs to go already
IcoN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

!!!News Flash!!!

Arguing about smurfing is pointless!

Omg I must spr3d teh w0rd!

CPU: Athlon 3200 XP
RAM: 2048 Meg DDR 3200 DC
3D Accelerator: ASUS 6800 GT
Connection: Cable
Controller: Saitek P3000
--------------------
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Well, this being at the top of page three, with such an FLASHING avatar sure makes it a newsflash Razz

Maybe I should get an all colour MUSE - EGM thingie....

Electronic Gaming Machine
robusa80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

yeah and make it flash as well.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
Uh yeah, I am. It was because I changed my name to PaC and told people that caused this "being in two clans at once thing" because I didn't spend anytime unkown on PaC.

Gee, that must be why the confusion arose in the first place; because you so dutifully let EVERYONE know who you were, right from the start.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Gee, that must be why the confusion arose in the first place; because you so dutifully let EVERYONE know who you were, right from the start.

actually the confusion and problems were caused by Xiao's internet connection getting messed up, Saiyaman told Xiao to tell mordax or Tempest that he was leaving ATL, however because Xiao found himself incapable of doing so, this message never reached either one of them, which is what created the "2 clans at once" fairy tale.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

What did happen to Xaio? I had some work for him regarding a new site I am making, and he hasnt been online for a loooooong time.
Right, back to clans. Join a clan. Bye.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
What did happen to Xaio? I had some work for him regarding a new site I am making, and he hasnt been online for a loooooong time.
Right, back to clans. Join a clan. Bye.

lol :p well from what i'v heard Xiao got disconnected in some way, before the message to mordax/tempest could be passed, how its gone after that i do not know.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Ah, that would make sense. Unfortunate turn of events for Saiya. :thumbsdown:
jon5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

Quote:
what was the source for the def? the dictionary?

No, it wasn't from the dictionary. If you reread the post, it said "from the creator" at the top.. if that even is the creator. Anyone can make up a story and have false facts like they actual used the word "smurf" in their under-cover names. If you ask me, its just another cooked-up explaination to get recognition for the creation of words like "pwned" or "lol". No one knows for sure who first started to use them.
Socrates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone recommend a good clan? Reply with quote

the source is the Bnet Glossary written by GFrazier (who was a Warcraft 2 player Shlonglor who got a job at Blizzard now), its not made up, anyone who played warcraft 2 on kali will tell ya that (which isnt me but i have my connectionz)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: