OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About 3D Analyze
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Now I've read that this program is not endorsed here but I was wondering if anyone could help me out anyways. I've been able to play the demo with this program by emulating T&L, however I just bought the full game today and I can't seem to be able to run it. If I do try to emulate T&L, then I still get the WinXP error "OMFBG.exe has encountered a problem..etc etc..Send or Don't Send". I've tried leaving all the check-boxes blank and running it, but it still gives me the XP error. I'd rather see the OMF error saying that my video card sucks.

Can anyone think of a workaround for this..?

Processor: 2GHz AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Ram: 256 MB
Video Card: S3 ProSavage DDR

Now I know that this isn't a supported video card, and I would get a new one if not for my family's refusal to void the 3 year warranty........But I wouldn't think the video card would matter because I can play the demo just fine.

EDIT: If you want, I could post the "technical information about this error report"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

try sending a private message to fire, he might be abled to help you out as he used it himself aswell

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

I get the exact same message. Go to the task manager and look into processes. Find the one with the really wierd looking name and end it. Press "run" in 3D Analyze again.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Quote:
try sending a private message to fire, he might be abled to help you out as he used it himself aswell

Nope, it didn't work at all for me. Try FlamingMonkey's method.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

And here's 3-D analyze for those of you who are hunting for it.

http://www.geocities.com/elementfire5/threedanalyze.zip
Petas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Quote:
the really wierd looking name

Well..could you please be a bit more specific? Like how wierd is it? I see a lot of programs running that are just abbreviations and acronyms and they all look wierd to me.

It also could be a fix for just your comp (or at least not mine) because I'm almost positive that I've seen all of the processes in that list when not trying to run OMF. The only two that appear at the "Send" / "Don't Send" window, are dwwin.exe and OMFBG.exe..

EDIT: the only wierd one I see is ~e5d141.tmp, and that's when I try to run it without 3D analyze.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

It's that one. When the game fails to initiate at all with 3da, it's usually the problem.
Petas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Weee, I finally got it working ...

...for now.

But I think that what you suggested earlier wasn't the problem (it could be, I'm not too sure), but you were definitely on the right track. I say this because I got it working by running OMF in 3DA, and while the "Send"/"Don't Send" window was up, I closed the process OMFBG.exe, and ran it again, and it loaded. :confused:

Anyways, thanks for the support. :thumbsup:

Also I've got one more question, I installed this on another computer (one with a video card) and the menus look really different. The one I'm running right now has the look of the demo. Just to make sure, could someone tell me if the patched menus are supposed to have electricity or just grey border type things with a light inside them...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

once you're all patched up, the menus will be alike, when the game was released it had that GUI Wink

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

And 3D Analyze fails to emulate the menu lighting. :crazy:
I can only wonder what is actually going on at times.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Quote:

Now I know that this isn't a supported video card, and I would get a new one if not for my family's refusal to void the 3 year warranty........But I wouldn't think the video card would matter because I can play the demo just fine.

You know, touching the card when you are charged with static electricity doesn't fall under waranty :evillgrin2:

Not suggesting anything, I just wanted to let you know Wink

Electronic Gaming Machine
nova10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Well, I'm using 3D Analyze to run the Demo, but the game freezes everytime I try to go into North American Open. Is there any way to prevent the demo from freezing?
robusa80

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I'm using 3D Analyze to run the Demo, but the game freezes everytime I try to go into North American Open. Is there any way to prevent the demo from freezing?

you might want to try safe mode. or you can always get a card that works with bg. even a nvidia 5200fx card will work with bg. that card is cheap because its not a very good card.

also, what's the rest of your computer specs?
nova10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

you might want to try safe mode. or you can always get a card that works with bg. even a nvidia 5200fx card will work with bg. that card is cheap because its not a very good card.

also, what's the rest of your computer specs?

Well, we have 384 MB of RAM, a 13 GB Hard Drive and I can't remember what else. Our video card is a nVidia TNT2.
robusa80

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: About 3D Analyze Reply with quote

try safe mode which runs game in low resolution. you might be better off getting a cheap dx8/9 card. if you do that, you can get rid of the t&l software program and be able to play bg without freezing as much.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: