OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Network Whoas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice Blade2097

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Network Whoas Reply with quote

I am trying to play OMFBG on the network and with no sucess. What happens is if im able to find the game after a unruly amount of time. I click to join it sits there forever and then brings up a dialog box that says joining ...server. Then it just sits there. We are using a swtich with just our comps hoocked up to it.

My specs are as follows

AMD 2000xp
98se
Radion 9000 64meg
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
3com intergrated network card

Other comp:

AMD 1.33
Geforce 32meg mx
sound blaster live 5.1
98se
Linksys 10 x 100 ethernet card

Thanks for the help Very Happy
robusa80

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

what version of bg is installed? are you using a linksys router?
Ice Blade2097

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Its a giga fast switch. Were running build 2172. This is the only game experiencing this problem.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

You may need to forward port 2002, or whatever one you tell the game to use. There should be instructions with your switch on how to do this if it is necessary.

Blind patriotism
Etherflyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

hrm.. I'm having similiar problems. This is starting to get annoying.. How is death lan supposed to happen?

Ice I've tried with a Linksys switch as well(non router) same exact thing. Neither the gigafast or linksys switch have any sort of fire wall and just for fun I checked both manuals online. Nothing about port forwarding. Very very wierd... As always I'm sleep deprived so I could be missing something...
Viper-Vision

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

I can play omf over network with my linksys router Smile
Etherflyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

And that helps me how? Very Happy

Hrmm.. I'm going to try some freaky stuff this evening.. I'll update if any luck.
Viper-Vision

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

BTW Do you already got the newest firmware for your router?
Ice Blade2097

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Umm I don't have a router its a d link switch.
Viper-Vision

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Well that D-link switch is accesable eh?
Let me look at internet for you.
Etherflyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Well the freaky stuff didn't work.. Sorry Ice I'm stumped.

Btw found three more people locally that are having the same problem. 2 of them were running 98SE fully updated. Does that have anything to do with it? I thought this game was supposed to be Win 98 compatible... I'm going to reformat to see if it fixes my particular troubles(getting that time of year again). If it does I'll pass the word along. I apologize if I sound frustrated but many of the locals are returning/trashing their copies(can think of at least 4) not even expending the effort to post to the board. I love(LUV!) the game but gosh haven't had this many problems or heard these much oddity in them since well Pools of Radiance. Community can't grow if people can't get in the game. Not saying the game is necessarily is anti 98 just seems to be a lot more sensitive than the other newer titles.. I know a lots changed since 1950-2050(I think the last number is right..just tested it again not a single problem with it except crash on leave) of the LT but really didn't have any problems out of it compared to the retail version. K well enough complaining I won't post to this thread again until I find some helpful info.....
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

ya... win98 does have more issues with BG than 2000 or XP do. I wouldn't want you to waste your money buying a new os, but since you're reformatting anyways, if you could even get a trial version of say xp or 2k to try it out on that might work for ya.

Blind patriotism
robusa80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Quote:
ya... win98 does have more issues with BG than 2000 or XP do. I wouldn't want you to waste your money buying a new os, but since you're reformatting anyways, if you could even get a trial version of say xp or 2k to try it out on that might work for ya.

there are ways around the trial versions last longer :shiftyeyes: but that's another story...
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

there are ways around the trial versions last longer :shiftyeyes: but that's another story...

*sigh* shouldnt be suggested..

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Whoas Reply with quote

especially in an official support forum. Just don't go there.

But I've received a fes copies of 180 day trials versions of the complete win 2k3 server system.... I'd assume there were similar trials for xp or something.. I don't really know though.

Blind patriotism
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: