OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D Analyze won't work! Please help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angie9895

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Hi, I just installed OMF:BG Demo on my hard drive. I have 3D Analyze and, like many, do not have hardware TnL :p I tried 3d analyze by selecting emulate hardware tnl caps, and selected the program and everything. I ran the program. It didn't work, instead, gave me these messages:

Type: Fatal Error
Name: Adapter Error
Description: Could not find suitable video adapter. Please ensure that you have updated drivers, as well as the newest operating system updates. For additional assistance or more information about required hardware, visit support.omf.com.

Application will now Exit!
File Name: Q:\DIVERSIONS\Engine\OSWindows\Direct3DDLL\D3D.cpp
Line Number: 142

====== END Diversions Ent. NOTIFICATION DUMP ======

====== BEGIN Diversions Ent. NOTIFICATION DUMP ======
Time: Mon May 17 17:20:27 2004

Type: Fatal Error
Name: Viewport Initialization Failed
Description: SetupDirect3DContext() Failed.

Viewport initialization failed, application cannot continue. Please ensure that you have updated drivers, as well as the newest operating system updates. For additional assistance or more information about required hardware, visit support.omf.com.

Application will now Exit!
File Name: Q:\DIVERSIONS\Engine\Core\Control\FrameControl.cpp
Line Number: 1854

====== END Diversions Ent. NOTIFICATION DUMP ======

Why is it doing this? My video card is an Intel845g make, which is still pretty new, and my pc is still pretty new, with 2.5 celeron and 256 mg ram, 80 gig hd. I have Win98SE. Please help! BTW: I have had no other problems with 3d analyze, I use it to emulate TnL in many games, such as Indiana Jones, Return of the King, etc.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

when running 3D analyza, press ctrl + alt + del, and find some strange process name, something completely random! and shut this process down, THEN run the game.. (im not sure if this is exactly correct, but this is about it)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

The process name starts with ~e5d141 or something. It's in the processes tab.
Angie9895

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Processes Tab???? ...lol Sorry I'm new to this. :p
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Quote:
Processes Tab???? ...lol Sorry I'm new to this. :p

what operating system do you use?

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

He's got Win98 SE. dang, I know very little about it. When you press ctrl+alt+delete, do you see several tabs on the window that pops up?
Angie9895

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

How do you mean? When I press crtl+alt+del, I recieve a End Task windows where it shows all the running applications that are active at present. Therefore, I can close anything that is running. But I saw nothing like the file you described....
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you mean? When I press crtl+alt+del, I recieve a End Task windows where it shows all the running applications that are active at present. Therefore, I can close anything that is running. But I saw nothing like the file you described....

well you can close applications that are running, not processes, which is kind of the problem here... so im kind of out of ideas here, lets hope someone else has a fix..

FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

OMF:BG should show up as an application, then. It also solves the problem in many cases.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

hmm, ~kgverbhl bla filename will always be a process iirc

FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

It's the direct3d emulation thingy, and may be availible at all times to those who don't need 3da.
Angie9895

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm a bit lost here.... OMF:BG specifically says that it is confirmed to run under Win98SE. I see not how there should be a problem, and yet it won't work....3D Analyze should work! Please help more? PLEASE????
Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

okay part of the config process for 3d analyize is to kill that process but since you can't view processes in win98se your left in the cold.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, I'm a bit lost here.... OMF:BG specifically says that it is confirmed to run under Win98SE. I see not how there should be a problem, and yet it won't work....3D Analyze should work! Please help more? PLEASE????

Also OMF:BG specifically states 3D TnL is required, 3D TnL is your problem, if its not supported by your computer, software TnL is possible, however its a tad buggy and not a product of DE, just to make it a tad more clear, 3D Analyza is causing the problem, were just trying to help here Wink

FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Analyze won't work! Please help! Reply with quote

I hate 3d Analyze, all I want is the HW TnL, and they decide to throw in all sorts of extra "features" to further rape my RAM. :sweat2:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: