OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

I'm trying to sign up a new msn passport for my new gmail account. Check out this registration check:

I actually had to click on help and download the audio file they generate that reads it aloud to figure out some of the characters.

Doesn't anybody else think this is a bit ridiculous?
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Yes, I think is is completely ridiculous... I mean, I haven't even gotten a gmail account yet!!! Extremely ridiculous!
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Worst of all, MSN opened up the registration page in Internet Explorer regardless of what default browser I had, and the [filtered] thing crashed on that very page. Isn't that just dandy?
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Rofl! What else would you expect from Microsoft? :tongue2:
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

To prevent GMail accounts from being used because they might put Microsoft in danger?
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Heh! I never really thought of it like that. I just figured if it's from Microsoft, expext flaws! :biggrin2:
X-BoT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Hehe. I guess they're doing that to prevent spammers from registering using bots or something..

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Light_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

could be just me but i have no problem reading it :smirk:
killer_roach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

I'm quite familiar with that sort of stunt... of course, having an artist's brain (and a lot of experience looking at Salvador Dali paintings) helps for figuring those things out...

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mrsiezen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

? I've seen that a lot of times actually, and I think it is wuite normal nowadays. No problem reading it, and it prolly prevents the hacking by bots or something like that...
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
ElementFire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Yeah, it's to prevent bot-registrations. However, Microsoft's is the weirdest font.
flamincows

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

That's not too bad. I can read it.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

yahoo used to do that as well, I don't know if they still do. Believe me, it's really hard for optical character recognizers to work with bad data like that. I really don't know how to work around stuff like that, but I'm sure it's possible.

Blind patriotism
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

I'm sure it seems obvious with the solution there, but I really couldn't for the life of me figure out what the first character was. The thought that it was a 7 hadn't even occured to me, because the line below it looks like it should be a 1 or an I or something. Anyway.
X-BoT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, now they're just doing it on purpose... Reply with quote

Hmm.. It was easy for me because the lines are thin and the text is bolded so I can seperate them right away.

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: