OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uberpowered and hinterpowered?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Endy, caps lock doesn't help your arguments. For the most part I agree with you, but you really gotta learn how to present your arguments. You're damaging our credibility by posting like this.

My credibility is already in the [filtered]. I have no credibility. I think I have negative credibility.

I didn't say I cared about your credibility. I said I cared about mine, and others who think Mantis is overpowered. You're making us look bad.
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Mantis IS overpowered. I've conclusively stated the arguments approximatley 99 times previously. Pardon me if I'm a bit sick of typing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

For the record:

Mantis is overpowered because of the following.

- Mantis has MANY attacks wich push him into the target. Normally when a HAR has an attack which pushes him into the target, it is checked by a BLOCK ANIMATION.

NONE of mantises "push" attacks have a block animation, thusly mantis can spam the opponent in such a way that THEY CANNOT RETALIATE (since the mantis can push himself into the opponent and NEVER be vulnerable)

- Mantis has RP which is one of the strongest priority attacks in the game it beats MANY attacks which it shouldn't.

- Mantis can punish any evade from any position in a combo. Evading vs mantis is suicide no matter how skilled you are.

- Mantis can create massive combos. One thing that pisses me off is his super slide attack (12 hit supermove) bounces not ONCE... BUT TWO [filtered] TIMES allowing him to continue comboing after landing his strongest attack.

Thats like a jaguar comboing after landing berserker dash. Think about that guys.

- Mantises combos can unfairly "fragment" both on the ground and in the air causing the combo meter to reset in damage and effectively allows mantis to dance around combo scaling taking out massive chunks of health from the opponent in the middle of a combo.

- Mantises supermoves are among the MOST USEFUL and LEAST PUNISHABLE in the WHOLE GAME and they are ALL ON ONE SINGLE HAR....

Theres more... much more.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

DE does make patches Endy, also chronos has by far most issues, even if it isnt sickly overpowered.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
- Mantises combos can unfairly "fragment" both on the ground and in the air causing the combo meter to reset in damage and effectively allows mantis to dance around combo scaling taking out massive chunks of health from the opponent in the middle of a combo.

Actually, Mantis doesn't have any mid-air fragments; it is a bug to reset while the opponent is in mid-air, and there are no such bugs right now. The only real bugged fragment on ground is the double flp.

All bots can reset the combo meter, though some better than others. Mantis is not the only one who can reset the combo meter on ground (though I do agree it can do so much better than other robots).
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
DE does make patches Endy, also chronos has by far most issues, even if it isnt sickly overpowered.

The moves dont link right and RP has desynch issues. The HAR was never polished like the others so it has isuees yes.

It could be very strong if the current bugs were fixed.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, Mantis doesn't have any mid-air fragments; it is a bug to reset while the opponent is in mid-air, and there are no such bugs right now. The only real bugged fragment on ground is the double flp.

All bots can reset the combo meter, though some better than others. Mantis is not the only one who can reset the combo meter on ground (though I do agree it can do so much better than other robots).

Mantis can fragment mid air. (according to player, and while in his mantis combos, mid air, my stun did sometimes magically re-appear)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
DE does make patches Endy

Only for beta testers.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Only for beta testers.

poor endy.

Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Only for beta testers.

poor endy.

yeah really haha
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Sidious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Look, I'm with him on this...Beta has been getting things done, but there hasn't even been any news on retail. None. Us poor LT-ers are even left out to pasture.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

It feels like we're in park or outta gas right now. :crazy:

...Can any betas at least confirm some kind of activity?
Meowbeast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Mantis! Mantis! Mantis! Backward hitting, If you evade it leads to another 20+ hit combo, Pesky side hitting ability to get you when you're behind it, and don't get me started on rp! Hmm.. Underpowered is chronos. He just feels broken and his pathetic arms have such poor reach. Not that he can't kick [filtered] if you play him right; which is boring and kinda spammy.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

Quote:
Underpowered is chronos. He just feels broken and his pathetic arms have such poor reach. Not that he can't kick [filtered] if you play him right; which is boring and kinda spammy.

About arms: YES!!!!! PLEASE!!!! FIX!!!!!
About right playing: Not quite. I can often be effective without spamming the same links over and over again. I know my starters, and I can keep up in a projectile war. But heres the deal. RP > Super Teleport eats your stun whole if you evade. After that, my 40 hit combo and viola. All together, 300 damage. Great. All I need is Cho-Dox with focus and power, and here I go on a quest to be the spammyest chronos in history. How fun... :sweat2:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

The only reason Mantis is overpowered is because you whined so much about the other HARs and now they suck

Now you will have a VERY hard time keeping up with Mantis and its your own fault

If I had my way they would ALL be as powerful as Mantis and the game would be so much better

Yeh, I play Mantis, and no matter how "overpowered" or "lame" you think that is im not gonna stop, because Mantis is the way the game should have been, and would have been if people could be bothered to find counter-tactics to things rather than just instanty whining to DE

Yes, they did ask you for help with balance, but now look at what you have done to it, you didnt help you posted narrow minded veiws and ruined it

I hope your all happy
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Uberpowered and hinterpowered? Reply with quote

If all of them were like this then we'd just have people running around doing the cheapest stuff imaginable. The way you talk you make it sound like a statistical difference, where if everyone were stronger then it would work out on its own. This is about game quirks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: