OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PATCHES?!!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with Mordax, I simply think one of the close to the team people, aka a beta tester should be given freedom to talk to us about ETA's etc.

That's sorta Malfy's job, and he already did it in the other thread. :p
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Quote:
MADia, the Echelon team, managed to do all that with an even smaller team, plus twice as fast, AND while working on a brand new game. It did take them a while to translate Echelon: Wind Warriors into english, but that has to do with their history with Bethesda that ripped them off bigtime. Too bad the russian developers dont have the money to support a lot of servers, but the mod tools are excellent, and were very well documented, without the help of any fans.
I'm in Beta for their new game. Didnt get my testing CD yet, but it looks supreme.

A smaller team? how many people do you think are currently working for "DE"?

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

lol, Rob works on the game alone. MADia had one programmer as well. One modeller, one programmer, one texture programer, one musician, one lead designer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Quote:
lol, Rob works on the game alone. MADia had one programmer as well. One modeller, one programmer, one texture programer, one musician, one lead designer.

That's more then DE is using... (and has been using) (in game development)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Yeah I guess so. But DE has a total of 8 staff member (i think) and MADia is 5 people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

DE has more staff, but they can't exactly share the workload, because it's more reliant on technical skills.
vicioso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Quote:
Mabye for beta testers. As far as I'm concerned, DE has abandoned us.

wow... someone's not very smart, as usual..
Sidious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Aye.
You. Endy is dead on. NOBODY who isn't in the Beta has gotten any news or information on plans beyond what little has been posted here. DE hasn't been keeping us up to date, telling us plans, or anything.
Not that I'm blaming DE, but those are the facts.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

I have to agree with Endy.

Iīm sure we all trust DE(otherwise we wouldnīt have ordered the game even before the demo. You did - didnīt you? Wink, but it gets frustrating if all you see is a near-dead forum and no news at all.

Once a month a big thread with some news, just to keep us informed would be nice - even if itīs just "Weīre all still fine, working on the game, no time for small-talk".

Thatīd be better than nothing.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

maybe its not that theyre being secretive, maybe there actually is nothing
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe its not that theyre being secretive, maybe there actually is nothing

but then again, maybe theres plenty...

Meowbeast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

When is the patch, Mr. Endy? AHahahaha! I am so cruel.
Mordax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

You like surprises dont you?

Come on, everyone loves surprise, if Rob told you what was going there would be no surprises

Rob is saving it all for a surprise
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Honestly, Rob was just on holidays, as were many other members of the team and they just got back. Call me stupid, but I think even they need a holiday once in a while.

As for where things are with the patches, they're still in the same state. I don't believe Rob will be releasing a patch until the mod tools are ready and before that happens they need to get the kinks worked out. Like with the development of any game, you can't set a stamped date on when the kinks, or at least the major ones, will be fixed. Until then, keep calm and enjoy the game in its current state.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Mordax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCHES?!!?!?! Reply with quote

Malfrex is right, the game is still fun, play it

I cant really atm because of odd crash problems caused by the ghosts haunting my PC, so you all have to make up for that
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: