OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

If you're completely new to the game, here's Robyrt's FAQ. It contains much more advice than the manual or the simple training in the game and shows move damage.

If you're a Force player, here's an excellent tutorial by FlamingMonkey to get you started: A God of Battle

The OMF Mausoleum has good combos as well as move lists for all robots.

Here's The_Ghoul's Strategy Guide to all robots.

There's also a Mantis tutorial floating around somewhere that I couldn't seem to find.

If you know of any other tutorials, post them here!
Robyrt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

That FAQ is way outdated. For a complete movelist (aka more complete than the in-game or manual ones), check here.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Quote:
If you're any other robot, here's The_Ghoul's Strategy Guide to all robots.

my strategy guide is so outdated that it's like... overkilled by my new strategies :p

im just too lazy to update it :p

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Quote:
That FAQ is way outdated. For a complete movelist (aka more complete than the in-game or manual ones), check here.

if you're looking for a moveslist, you might aswell get into OMF Mausoleum :p

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

TUF, you're really advertising that stuff aint ya, but then again, it's the only complete up to date fanpage for OMF around, and it's VERY good! And no, I'm not related to TUF in any other way then our nationality Wink And I'm not getting paid for this, and this aint the same person posting Wink Ask mods :p

Electronic Gaming Machine
Robyrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Bring it, punk! :p

The Mausoleum movelist has Force's black hole super as b,f+KK - I always thought it was b,f+PP. Plus, mine lists how much damage each hit of each move does. Wink Of course, mine doesn't have combos, as I don't know any.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Quote:
Bring it, punk! :p

The Mausoleum movelist has Force's black hole super as b,f+KK - I always thought it was b,f+PP. Plus, mine lists how much damage each hit of each move does. Wink Of course, mine doesn't have combos, as I don't know any.

yup, yours is awesome too, and mine has a buggy ^^

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Vuen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Ping. Fixed/added links. Keep em coming! Very Happy
Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Good idea if you're going to edit things in. Maybe this thread should be stickied.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Also, if a very nice mod is looking for some apreciation, thry can move my 40 hit chronos combo post into this board, because this is really where it ought to belong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

You could use the forum's moderator notification feature on your own post. :p

Though these forums don't let you type a comment, which isn't so good...
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

How'd my stupid guid get on there? :confused:
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Quote:
How'd my stupid guid get on there? :confused:

there's a link to it in your signature...

[/quote]

Edit: i fixed the background picture for FM's Force Strategy guide

if you dont see a change, ctrl + F5 the page

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

There, better. I nowadays disagree with some of the guide, am embarrassed by certain spelling errors, and generally don't follow my own guid anymore. Sig = changed.
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Tutorials Reply with quote

Aw, but it's such a good guide! I refer to it several times in the guide I'm currently writing; it provides a lot of useful and needed information that my guide doesn't. The move information alone makes the guide! It's awesome how you walk through each combo move by move to help out new players.

I know how you feel though. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied about some of the content of my guide; a lot of it just seems like I'm talking out of my [filtered]. I'll post it soon anyway though.

If you really don't want it up there, I'll take it down, but I think it's an excellent guide, and I still have a printout of it sitting right next to my monitor Very Happy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: