OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And now for something completely different
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

I declare myself as the first member of the OMF MB to ever create a working demo.

www.epicrevival.net/special/demo.exe

Scorpion Navy Issue
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

thats awesome, not quite as awesome as their own demo's yet, but neat nonetheless

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Considering theirs are done in 2 weeks with 5 people, all with experience, and mine is done by one person in 2 days just to learn everything, I'd call it a decent presentation.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Vuen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Very cool Raven. You should work on some music for it Very Happy
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

That's implying I know how to track music! Unfortunately, I do not. Back before I learned HTML I tinkered with MPT for a while. Didn't get anywhere.

Scorpion Navy Issue
FraceR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Nicely done Raven. Some stretched textures here and there Wink. But overall a very good job. Maybe someone else could make some music for you to compose a demo with.
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

That's pretty cool, Raven! I'm very impressed, some kind of music or background noise would be nice though. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

heh, that's pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Blind patriotism
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

hey, not bad.

I made a couple of brick textures and an animated cube.(broke the rules, animated a pink block. Only way to make it ripple, and it doesn't even look that great.)
Crashed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Very nicely done, especially since it's been done in 2 days :thumbsup:.
I recommend Thunderstruck as the background music Very Happy :p
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE AIW @ Pro, 128 MB RAM, 2048/320 ADSL
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Looks very nice Raven, only real error that disturbed me is that the star shine right through the planet, I think that would be impossible normally Wink

As for music, I think that if you can Muse - Futurism just right, the pretty evil sounding bass with high pitched guitar would start playing just at the moment you would see them ships Wink

But eh, that's the muse aholic speaking once again Wink

Really nice job overal, wish I could do stuff like that.....
EGM - out

Electronic Gaming Machine
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

The only problem with mainstream music is the demos only support XM and OGG music. In .the.popular.demo quite literally half of the entire file size is just the music. I picked what I did because the XM is only 20K, 4K compressed.

Otherwise I would have added more scenes and used Lacuna Coil - Cold for the soundtrack.

Scorpion Navy Issue
salem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Looks cool!!! Very Happy
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

won't work. Sad
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: And now for something completely different Reply with quote

Does it give an error? Needs a decent version of DirectX and any "important video card".

Scorpion Navy Issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: