OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOOM 3 GOLD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

whee! It's finally gone gold, straight from the horses mouth:

Trying idsoftware.com
Attempting to finger [email protected]
-
Welcome to id Software's Finger Service V1.5!

Name: Todd Hollenshead
Email:
Description: CEO
Project:
Last Updated: 07/14/2004 12:17:15 (Central Standard Time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/14-2004 11:52 AM CDT

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!
It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins Wink We literally just hung up with
Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally
GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our
numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.
So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting
at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of
your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with
your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't
because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process
takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for
a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set
new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts Wink

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

Blind patriotism
rob2687

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

yay *jumps for joy*
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

Finally, let's hope HL2 follows Wink

BTW Spock, isn't this supposed to be Off-topic?

Electronic Gaming Machine
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

This better be a different shooter than the same one everyone else is so used to cranking out every year with a new setting... This actually looks promising and... relatively original. Yay for Id! Very Happy
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

Very Happy

*does a little dance*

Crap, now I have to find sixty bucks to buy it...
Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

I might actually buy Doom 3, after I have a chance to try it out.

It would make the fourth fps I've bought, after Doom, Quake and Raven Shield (which came with my soundcard).
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

the only good thing i see of all this is that that game is one step closer to be lost in history. im so sick of hearing about that overhyped shooter. oh well... at least now people can play it so they can start growing sick of it, and then stop mentioning it and then finally i wont be hearing things about it all the time.

/me goes back to getting hes old puta working so he can play fun games again...
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

Yay! Very Happy Now I can try it ot for myself...As soon as I can afford a better computer, so maybe by next year sometime... :sweat2:
Dirtbag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

is anything known about the medium that it will require? in other words, I assume it will need more then a single cdrom, but will I fit one dvd, will it be released on dvd,
Or will one dvd not even be sufficient for the amoutn of gore and scaryness they've wanted to spread Wink

db
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

Isn't Doom 3 supposed to be shipped for the Xbox too, cause I already have an Xbox? :confused:
Jinded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure 1 DVD would be enough. More than 10 GB for a game at this point in time? I doubt it.
Jinded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

And yes, it will ship on the XBox, but it won't be half as good as on a computer.
rob2687

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

nothing like the good ol' floppy
Razor_Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

I know, I'd rather play it with a keyboard and mouse, but I really doubt if my computer will be able to run it. :smirk:
Dirtbag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOM 3 GOLD! Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm pretty sure 1 DVD would be enough. More than 10 GB for a game at this point in time? I doubt it.

duh, I forgot that dvd's can easily be pressed as double layer, and doubling the amount of space.

I just hope it won be as much Wink

db
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: