OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free For All
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

I have thought a great deal about how a peaceful world could be created, I have several theories that I am currently putting into essay form for my psychology and economics classes next year.
The best idea i have come up with so far cannot take place for another hundred or so years as it relies on technology we dont have yet, namely the technology to create human tissue from just dna traces.
Phase 1) Find a dozen or so suitable planetary systems in our galaxy.
Phase 2) Send one way ships to each of those systems with robotic systems set with very specific A.I. programing, namely find sources of various elements, namely carbon hydrogen and oxygen.
Phase 3) Process elements first to terraform and then to create manufactured goods
Phase 4) When the target system has a planet that has a full supply of goods / food etc start creating humans say 100,000 as a first generation and gene pool.
Phase 5) Teach the humans as children everything that we want them to know, teaching them of earths history and showing how much better off they are and how nescesary it is that they survive without resorting to violence n stuff like that.
Phase 6) (back on earth) once all ships have been launched, wipe out the population of the earth so they will not be a threat to the perfect colonies we will have created.

This plan will ensure the eternal survival of our race but without all the crap that went wrong hte first time round, it will also ensure galactic then hopefully universal ownership by the human race within the next 100,000 years.
Meowbeast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Ahahaha! Or start a whole race of mutants that only have a peanut sized brain. (See a person with a peanut sized brain try to build a nuke) All the smart people that are left over have to do hari-kari! :tongue2:
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
I have thought a great deal about how a peaceful world could be created, I have several theories that I am currently putting into essay form for my psychology and economics classes next year.
The best idea i have come up with so far cannot take place for another hundred or so years as it relies on technology we dont have yet, namely the technology to create human tissue from just dna traces.
Phase 1) Find a dozen or so suitable planetary systems in our galaxy.
Phase 2) Send one way ships to each of those systems with robotic systems set with very specific A.I. programing, namely find sources of various elements, namely carbon hydrogen and oxygen.
Phase 3) Process elements first to terraform and then to create manufactured goods
Phase 4) When the target system has a planet that has a full supply of goods / food etc start creating humans say 100,000 as a first generation and gene pool.
Phase 5) Teach the humans as children everything that we want them to know, teaching them of earths history and showing how much better off they are and how nescesary it is that they survive without resorting to violence n stuff like that.
Phase 6) (back on earth) once all ships have been launched, wipe out the population of the earth so they will not be a threat to the perfect colonies we will have created.

This plan will ensure the eternal survival of our race but without all the crap that went wrong hte first time round, it will also ensure galactic then hopefully universal ownership by the human race within the next 100,000 years.

heh so beat violence with violence? you sound like a space nazi.

create a master race, destroy inferior monkeys, reign supreme
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
vicioso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry if factual argumentation and stating my opinion pisses you off.

That's your problem. Not mine.

...and about being a moron... I guess it takes one to know one. Don't act like you are everyones best friend either.

no, it's not stating opposing opinions (your "factual arguments") that pisses me off. if that were the case, I'd hate myself, Vuen, and Magnifico, we're all quite opinionated.. it's being a [filtered] moron that pisses me off.

btw you do realize by saying "takes one to know one", you're agreeing that you're a moron, right?

[edit]

No such thing as a peaceful world, EVER... how do you eat? you kill an animal for it.. you call that peace? what about people who WANT chaos to ruin the land? what if I hate the mother [filtered] that lives next door? what about being bullied at school? no, you can't just say you'll somehow wring out all the bad traits, organisms are NATURALLY selfish (selfish = bad trait, bad traits lead to other bad traits), even the mothers of species who protect their young. as long as we're living creatures there will NEVER be peace, whether or not humans or any other life forms thousands of times more intelligent exists or not.

and before you begin to put up some [filtered] disagreeing argument, answer this question (theoretical [filtered] story, but bare with me here): in order to get this utopia you all think exists somewhere in the universe, someone's child has to die. if someone asked you to kill your child, could you? would you? if you say no, you're a selfish sonova [filtered] and that's okay, just stop running from it all the time. if you say yes, you either

a) full of [filtered]
b) don't give a [filtered] about your kid. you're still selfish.
c) don't know anything about this sort of situation to even guess about it theoretically
d) a moron
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Good point, there's no point being civil or holding back our urges to destroy, because that's all we'll ever amount to and it's not worth trying to prevent, right? :sweat2:
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
Good point, there's no point being civil or holding back our urges to destroy, because that's all we'll ever amount to and it's not worth trying to prevent, right? :sweat2:

well holding back our urges sure sounds a lot better than mr nazi cloudeh's mass annihilation plan haha
vicioso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:

right. most humans and ALL of the otehr organisms that live on the earth are too weak to give up their desires to become "good". that's why you become partially good. that's why there's exceptions. if a bully smacks you across the [filtered] face in school, the GOOD thing would be to take the hit and tell the teacher. what all of you bastards KNOW you'd do is cry like a little [filtered] or quickly go across his face like a quick attacking pikachu
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

I did actually point out that it was a theory. OF course it wouldnt work, jeezus yeh the population of the earth will just go yeh we are ready to die now............ IT would work, and i can explain how it WOULD eliminate all the bad traits based on REAL science and experiments that have proven it already, however seeing as it would be unnapreciated here i'll save it for my coursework.
Oh and no1 would have to kill their kid, its not like every1 has to kill themself with their bare hands, simply detonating one of the extremely powerful nuclear weapons every country has would trigger every other country into firing theirs job done with minimum hastle.
Oh and for those who say its cold and heartless no it isnt, it allows the human race to grow without having to worry about the greedy, stupid, reckless and dangerous idiots who inhabit and all too frequently govern the Earth. After all whats the point of setting up peaceful collonies across teh galaxy if the earth itself will just go around conquering and destroying them all a short time afterwards?? c'est la vie *shrug*.

Also the good thing to do ISNT take the hit and tell the teach as that simply creates feelings of injustice in teh bully, the good thing to do is make sure hte bully recieves helpful attention not simply punishment. Our race is fuked up at the moment due to various economic and psychological reasons that i wont go into. Take prisons for example, OH MY GOD what a load of crap, all they do is keep criminals off the street, whop de do its not even permenant, most people who go to prison come out worse than they went in ffs, it costs money to keep them there and does sweet f.a. Prisons exist because a) we as a race feel the need to try to 'look after' our bad element with some kind of rehab BUT b) we as a race want to get revenge on those who hurt us. so what do u get prison, what criminals really need is long term help and in the case of violent crime councilling. They could then be made nice happy everday people, but no we want to hurt them for what they've done which is only natural, however prison will not solve the problem and yet no matter how advanced we think we are thats the best we've come up with. (dont go on about death penalty cos that is total rubbish aswell, main reason being when evidence comes up 2 weeks after their dead that prooves it wasnt them.)
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

quick addition, in reply to Xarnoth. S.T.F.U. I'm beggining to agree with endy regarding your total inability to read a post and post a pleasant reply. The nazi ideal of creating a super race was bollox but ONLY because of how they went about it. My method would work not creating a super race but simply using the human race we all know and loathe but with better conditions. Besides what would we lose by killing off the earths 'remaining' population in 200 years, global warming will have flooded all the costal areas, we'll be out of oil and prety much out of coal, the impending nuclear war will probably have taken place and China's communist driven economy will by then be the most powerful economy in the world. Yeh it looks great lets save it............ The idea is to preserve the human race not fk it up even further, my method also doesnt cut out any ethnicity or even religion the Gene pool would need to be as large as possible, the nazis tried restricting the gene pool to just the aryan blodline this would simply lead to inevitable inbreeding and removal of various parts of our dna that we need to keep. In short the nazi's view of 'super race' was distorted and backwards mine isnt a view of a super race its just humanity in a better light *shrug*. Also destroying the human race on earth isnt actually nescesary, a large scale EMP adn destruction of all records of the project would hopefully prevent EARTH from finding them in future.
vicioso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh and for those who say its cold and heartless no it isnt, it allows the human race to grow without having to worry about the greedy, stupid, reckless and dangerous idiots who inhabit and all too frequently govern the Earth.

whether or not you killed people that are like that today and have shitloads of kids tomorrow, just about all of those kids are going to be some of those naturally.

and if you don't think it's heartless to kill a kid, you don't know anything about how people see children.. that's like the definition of heartless. if you kill a kid, people will skip the death punishment and torture you until your body decides to give up and die.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Saw Collateral the other day and it touched on this subject a little but I don't agree with the point though.

*SPOILER FOR COLLATERAL*

The point of the movie being that if someone misses you after you die then your life meant something. Vincent being the key example.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

wow this topic flew off....

anyways, imposible to cleanse selfishness and jealousy from humans, its been two of our greatest driving forces to dominate the world. its as inbreed as breathing.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
quick addition, in reply to Xarnoth. S.T.F.U. I'm beggining to agree with endy regarding your total inability to read a post and post a pleasant reply. The nazi ideal of creating a super race was bollox but ONLY because of how they went about it. My method would work not creating a super race but simply using the human race we all know and loathe but with better conditions. Besides what would we lose by killing off the earths 'remaining' population in 200 years, global warming will have flooded all the costal areas, we'll be out of oil and prety much out of coal, the impending nuclear war will probably have taken place and China's communist driven economy will by then be the most powerful economy in the world. Yeh it looks great lets save it............ The idea is to preserve the human race not fk it up even further, my method also doesnt cut out any ethnicity or even religion the Gene pool would need to be as large as possible, the nazis tried restricting the gene pool to just the aryan blodline this would simply lead to inevitable inbreeding and removal of various parts of our dna that we need to keep. In short the nazi's view of 'super race' was distorted and backwards mine isnt a view of a super race its just humanity in a better light *shrug*. Also destroying the human race on earth isnt actually nescesary, a large scale EMP adn destruction of all records of the project would hopefully prevent EARTH from finding them in future.

just the fact you have murder and sabotage on your mind says your whole theory is hypocrital. hey i got an idea, how about saving YOUR (yes you are human too, that makes you a murderer, liar, thief and rapist) own race on YOUR own planet instead of doing what you plan to teach your new humans not to do, which is kill which in your plan is practically blowing up a planet.

seriously, you sound like one of those kids whos always picked on and pretends to be some special magical god just so you can have some kind of an advantage over those who are bigger, cooler and smarter than you.
vicioso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
The point of the movie being that if someone misses you after you die then your life meant something.

if someone missing you after death is the only thing that really gave your life meaning, your life didn't have any to begin with and that's a pathetic excuse to make it even feel like it had any

Quote:
just the fact you have murder and sabotage on your mind says your whole theory is hypocrital. hey i got an idea, how about saving YOUR (yes you are human too, that makes you a murderer, liar, thief and rapist) own race on YOUR own planet instead of doing what you plan to teach your new humans not to do, which is kill which in your plan is practically blowing up a planet.

seriously, you sound like one of those kids whos always picked on and pretends to be some special magical god just so you can have some kind of an advantage over those who are bigger, cooler and smarter than you.

yeah, really. if you were actually going to do that, if you believed that humans aren't born that way or that they could be forced out of that way, you'd do away with your own life as well sooner or later.

see, this is why i'm a selfish person. i'd NEVER fight for such an incredibly stupid cause, and if I did, i'd have to kill myself, regardless of whether the cause needs me to die or not. life is meant for YOU to live. it isn't meant for you to live for Johnny, Antonio, or Lita.. it's whatever YOU want out of it.. and if you don't believe that, I would like you to prove it to me by becoming my slave.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Vicioso, someone missing a dead person PROVES this person's life meant something, it does NOT mean that this was the only meaning this persons life had.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: