OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free For All
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Free For All Reply with quote

Most of you might not know this but Free For All can be realy exciting, unpredictable and fun all at once

It may not have the same merits of 1v1 play but its deffinitly worth getting into

Here is my current analysis of several HARs in FFA to help people get started

Pyros:

Pyros is most effective inside the crowd, relieing on Firespin and other Omni-Hits, you have to be careful not to get carried away else you may loose track of things and end up in a very bad situation

Jaguar:

Jag here is a predator, it relies on splitting people off from a crowd and dueling for as long as possible before getting sucked in, Jag Leaps give a fast way in and out of the crowd, Side Attacks are very useful

Mantis:

Mantis is like a cross between Pyros and Jag here, it can work in both stratagies but not as well

Once I get better with other HARs I can post stuff up for them too, but do give FFA a chance, even against AIs it is great
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

I don't think Mantis is really the in-betweener there. I'd say that it's more towards the Jaguar side, relying on speed and maneuvering to handle crowds, with a couple crowd control attacks as a bonus.

Heck, Katana can behave in both ways at the same time. Smile
Sidious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Yup...had a good match like that today.
Comob chronos wall bounce and hit jaguar kill chronos kill jag.
It was hard to see what I was doing...I love Neo Vegas...
mrsiezen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Heh,
that wasn't fair! I don't like Kat in Neo...
It was funny though that while I was running towards the other side (we were with 3, and I spawned on the other side) Kamahl fell for that first off-wall attack EVERY time Smile

Though it almost seemed to me that attack is almost unblockable! Sometimes I saw it coming, and tried to block it. Many times that failed Sad

It was a fun fight though!
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
Sidious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

The unblocking may have only been lag-remember, I was host, too.
Endy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

10 steps to win ANY FFA fight with ANY number of people.

1) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
2) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
3) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
4) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
5) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
6) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
7) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.

Cool Backstab as appropriate, but only when it doesn't put you in direct danger of retaliation. Never perform long combos regardless of the situation. Deliver 2-3 heavy moves and then get safe.

9) Don't make yourself a target, be just active enough not to draw undue attention to yourself but not agressive enough to endanger yourself.

10) If you get double teamed then backwalk away untill the other two are inadvertenly hitting eachother while trying to attack you. Chances are they will immediatley turn on eachother.

Don't let them sandwich you or play monkey in the middle or you are dead almost instantly. Keep them side by side so they will inadvertently damage eachother when attacking you.

Also if one is considerably more skilled or agressive try to use him as a shield while the other lags behind.

Milano is an excellent FFA pilot, as is Maelstorm and Kegan. You will find that Milano and Maelstorm have an advantage early on, while Kegan will let you beat the last guy easier if he has a good portion of health left.

So basically if it's all noobs pick Milano, if there is another good person there... use Kegan. Either way, Maelstorm is a safe bet.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
1) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
2) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
3) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
4) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
5) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
6) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.
7) Let the others fight then kill the survivor.

yeh and what about FFA Demolition?? try those slightly 'tactical/coward' stratageis there and u'll just lose by miles *shrug*. also you'l find if you wait for the survivor that if they just won all that they are pretty [filtered] good and more than likely have an adrenaline rush to boot.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

FFA demolition? even easier, just pick warlord and keep mashing LP, it doesnt matter if others kick your [filtered], your score will still be better. Oh and a super grapple on 2 opponents does miracles for highest hitcount and damage combos. Cool

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

All hars have uber moves in FFA Demolition with the possible exception of Jaguar - Chronos (i know this will be debated) Super Stasis - Force Blackhole - Katana bladestorm - Pyros (all his supers) - Gargoyle Super glide - Mantis Super spiders/Super slide (if u pick up 2 people ur laughing) - Warlord super claw/mace
All these moves can be used to devastating effect in FFA demolition, also combos of over 3 hits in length are perfectly acceptable just make sure u get out of the crowd to do it. (Jag - run in over head throw the group very likely to grab someone Jag leap out of the fighting then nail the one uve seperated).

FFA is great fun unless every1 pairs off and gets shirty for u 'interfering' in their 1v1's
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Theres not 1 single HAR that has 1 attack even close to as good as Warlord LP is in demolition FFA. It takes serious effort defeating someone thats abusing the warlord LP in demolition, let alone FFA Demolition. I remember a fight where Meowbeast was severely kicking my warlord [filtered] while i was spamming LP, still i won the match 3000 points ahead of him, out of 10k points.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

I think I have to agree with Tuffy on this one, a high power Warlord is unstopable in demolition...
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

TBH id just shoot the warlord from afar *shrug* pyros flamethrower would make short work of him, and could you ask for a better SCC target, also LEFT evade and super slide mantis could benifit, chronos can just back tele kick to put warlord in the dirt or super tele if he has the energy, katana would have problems but can just sonic blade his [filtered], force counter and combo, gargoyle...super talon lol. Basically in Demo with warlod abusing LP id just keep my distance from him concentrate on others, tbh its easy enuf to beat some1 once you know how to avoid a move. especially if that move is the only one they use lol (Da ja vu, weve had this discussion oh yeh Pyros' LK)
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

However, because this isnt LMS, but this is Demolition, avoiding him isnt going to do any good, because he'll just find someone else, and still gain score much faster then you. And were not even talking about FFA here, plus LP attacks all around, back attacks and the likes wouldnt work.

CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

just done the warlord masters again that lp is nice but the A.I. can nail u badly for abusing it if they can punish u for it we should be able to punish each other for it just as easily.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
just done the warlord masters again that lp is nice but the A.I. can nail u badly for abusing it if they can punish u for it we should be able to punish each other for it just as easily.

Warlord master is NOT demolition, and AI are far from humans. AI Can also counter way better then most humans, face spam is a joke VS AI, where as its one of the most powerful "tactics" vs humans.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: