OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free For All
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

depends on comfort and possible 4th dimension transport included in this.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Transport as we know it can never be achieved at greater than light speeds, i wont go into the reasons as you can all read up on it if you havnt already, easily enough. Time travel is completely pointless as you would only bother to use it to change the past but you cant change the past because you already did. (IE everything that will be changed already has been changed so you cant change anything any further.)
Comfort would be irrelevant at light speed as currently the only way we could feasibly travel at light speed is using Human Tissue creation. Basically like a phone you dial where you want to go, then your mind is scanned for what your thinking and memories etc this information is then sent down the line to a computer to be uploaded into you there, Then you are liquidated where you are, doesnt have to be painless as you wont remember it the other side but it should be quick. Then you can simply be reconstructed from your latest records (which can also be updated at the time of 'dialing') at the destination. This would allow people to travel at light speeds without discomfort (that you remember). of course the problems occur when you get an engaged tone hehe, no naturally that would simply put you into a waiting list where you would be reconstructed shortly after. So dont worry you'l still be able to blame late arrival at work on traffic.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

[joke] Man lets hope the dutch railways (NS) gets a hold on that technology! You'll be waiting for hours[/joke]

Ofcourse that is 1 theory of how traveling could be done, though one might come with a theory on creating a dimension gap somehow, and travel outside of dimensions, this might only allow for equal time travel or basically not being instant (IE: travel forward in time without taking time), though it could be faster then light, in theory. Comfort is actually an issue aslong as your physical state could be altered (changed in heat or traveling to cold to warm in an instant could really do weird stuff to your comfort), ofcourse you wont notice during your travel, but you could feel it afterward Wink

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

you wouldnt feel anything in my mode of transport as your actually dead at the time. By dimension gap i presume you mean the theory of bending space so you can cut across in an A kind of shape. That is a lot further away BUT would have the advantage that we wouldnt have to build anything at the destination, this kind of technology would be used for space exploration and the like. I think however it will not be possible until we have worked out how to create and control singularities (black holes) as those are the only things we know of so far that bend space/time, and due to the awesome power they give out i think that could be a fair while yet. Good idea though nice to have a slightly less critical reply. :thumbsup:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Like i said, during the travel i know you wont feel a thing in your method, but by changes in the surroundings, your body may feel strange when its "put back to life", therefor comfort might not be optimal.

CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

nah just need the booths to be like air locks and they can be given the same air pressure etc across everywhere.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Uhm not for interupting or anything but i belive this fits alot better in offtopic :p

I dont think its an Balance issue :sweat2:
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

lol raptor it saves us making a whole new thread thats all.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

You guys missed the point. You can not argue that the ultimate form of travel is arriving at your destination. Just as the ultimate form of warfare is instant victory. The ultimate way to kick something is for it to instantly be kicked.
(bringing back on topic)
The best way to win FFA is not to do long combos, but to try to hit everyone with side attacks, omni attacks, and such. Chronos doesnt have much for this, but I still win FFA against master AIs, even in the "overpowered" HARs.
Though the ultimate way to win FFA is to instaltly acquire the amount of points needed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

chronos rules in FFA played with it last nite, oh and i take it back about super stasis its great but it should hit Low air opponents cos moves like pyros lk n firespin take him out of range.
Vuen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Guys, you're attacking this problem all wrong. Building a perfect society is easy. Just kill off every male on the planet except me, so that I have to single handedly repopulate the earth! Very Happy
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

yeh but that wud just make all the women suicidal m8 *nudge nudge*
Vuen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

EGAD!
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Quote:
Guys, you're attacking this problem all wrong. Building a perfect society is easy. Just kill off every male on the planet except me, so that I have to single handedly repopulate the earth! Very Happy

including all the animal species? eeeeeww...

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
Vuen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Free For All Reply with quote

Err, make that all human males :sweat2:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: