OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Force Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:
i have trouble understanding how you can possibly fail 19 out of 20 times in gracy :\ (i combo rk f.LK RP j.fLK, never fails

Quote:
RP definitely combos to jfLK directly (no bounce). You might not be jumping soon enough towards the opponent. I hardly ever see it fail, even in ultra-high lag..

?? Sad

I can't get this to work at all. I can't even get rk flk rp to link. What am I doing wrong? Could somebody please send me a replay of rk flk rp jflk?
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

rp to jflk works fine here, but I can't link flk to rp...
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Works on airborne enemies only. (as suggested before, if you're trying to do that, just use RK first instead of waiting for someone to jump)
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

i meant fRK LK RP j.fLK :\

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Vuen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:
Works on airborne enemies only. (as suggested before, if you're trying to do that, just use RK first instead of waiting for someone to jump)

OH well ffs, that was need to know info. Here I am beating my head on the wall trying to do rp jflk on the training bot. I figured that was the problem at first cuz I could do it consistently if I hit the enemy into the air first. That link is useless for using rp as a priority move against ground attacks. However I'll put it in there since I'm adding tactics against air opponents and all. I still can't get rk flk rp to link; I'm pretty sure flk is supposed to cut the rk animation short the same way lk cuts frk short, only it doesn't. Anyway I'll work on that. Thanks all.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

OH well ffs, that was need to know info. Here I am beating my head on the wall trying to do rp jflk on the training bot. I figured that was the problem at first cuz I could do it consistently if I hit the enemy into the air first. That link is useless for using rp as a priority move against ground attacks. However I'll put it in there since I'm adding tactics against air opponents and all. I still can't get rk flk rp to link; I'm pretty sure flk is supposed to cut the rk animation short the same way lk cuts frk short, only it doesn't. Anyway I'll work on that. Thanks all.

i think he meant RK fLK RP, RP > j.fLK works on ground opponents.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Vuen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Okay... Does in work on front only or back too? How close do you have to be? What game speed do you play on? What brand of keyboard do you have? I still can't figure out why this doesn't work for me. If it's my keyboard I'll break it clean in half.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

my cousin did that Vuen, he fractured his knee. I recon keyboard manufacturers are forseing the fustration of their clients and making tougher keyboards for the job :crazy:
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay... Does in work on front only or back too? How close do you have to be? What game speed do you play on? What brand of keyboard do you have? I still can't figure out why this doesn't work for me. If it's my keyboard I'll break it clean in half.

RP - j.fLK always works for me, I was speaking before of the flK-RP combo briefly mentioned.
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Okay all, rp jflk doesn't link, unless you use it in a combo. frk lk rp jflk will link; just plain rp jflk will not. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

In the meantime I'm working on this Force guide again. I'm basically stripping most of the juggles off of the given combos and adding an air juggles section. I've also started on the Movement section, and separated the attacks section into vs air and vs ground. So far so good; I'll upload soon.

Oh, and I renamed it to Advanced Guide to Force until I can find a better title :p
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

I figured that much, much often have a longer cooldown when used outside of a combo Very Happy

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

I figured that much, much often have a longer cooldown when used outside of a combo Very Happy

Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:

Mad Sure you did Tuffy. See, if everyone had bothered to read the guide before going on about how rp links to jflk, you would have realized that the place FM was talking about where I say rp doesn't link to jflk is when you START!!!!!!! with RP. That's the whole point of having an RP combo, because you start with it!

I appreciate your input, but for [filtered] sakes, quit trying to look like you know everything. That's why I asked for a replay as soon as somebody mentioned the link, because I knew something was up. I was beating my head on the wall for a week until FM finally sent me a replay, because nobody bothered to mention that when they're trying it they do it in a combo.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Mad Sure you did Tuffy. See, if everyone had bothered to read the guide before going on about how rp links to jflk, you would have realized that the place FM was talking about where I say rp doesn't link to jflk is when you START!!!!!!! with RP. That's the whole point of having an RP combo, because you start with it!

I appreciate your input, but for [filtered] sakes, quit trying to look like you know everything. That's why I asked for a replay as soon as somebody mentioned the link, because I knew something was up. I was beating my head on the wall for a week until FM finally sent me a replay, because nobody bothered to mention that when they're trying it they do it in a combo.

:sweat2: you sure do appreciate the input, that much is for sure...

buda4500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Force Guide Reply with quote

Cool I just did a easy 50 hit combo with Force.

make both bombs and stand right beside opponent
d+rp (throw), make RP bombo, a.RK, fRK , LK, Super Bomb, fLK, RP, LP(meteor), RK, j.fLK, a.fLP, a.fRP, LP, j.fRK, a.LK, Super or reg Gravity Well, fLP, fRP, Repulsor.

should be about ~ 50 hits sometimes you don't get all the hits with the bomb super

this is not really my combo mix of 2 people's but its neat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: