OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Chronos combos for yee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Again, I was feeling very creative all day, and thought I'd do some comboing in OMF instead of finding new tactics in Echelon. So heres what I came up with.

The longest no special/super/crystal move combo that I could whip out.
a.LP > LP > RK > LK > fRP > fLK > RP > j.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK > wait > a.RK > j.RP > a.fLK > a.fRP
15 hits, very evadeable after RP, but still cool. Only moves not used: fLP (known for uselessness) and fRK (known for not linking to anything).

Heres a very weird one that you should all try some day. I was playing around with a.RK in different situations, as well as what happens to a.fLK after different moves. Heres what I got:
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RP > j.RP > a.fLK > eff > a.RK
here it gest kind of tricky. If the terrain is slanted, you will float in the air. In this case all you have left to do is a.fLP or a.fLP, followed by a back evade to save yourself. If the terrain is flat however, you will land. This can be followed by ffRP, but I also experimented a little with ground combos.
After landing: LK > RK > f > fRP > fLK > fRK
It looks very strange, but it works. May be difficult in the practice arena because of the small folds that really screw the bouncing part up sometimes.

I saved the best for last. Heres a killer reset combo >Smile
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > fLK ! LK > RK > LP > fLK > RP > ffLP > bfRK > ffLK > a.fLK > a.fRP (throw)
I pity the fool who tried to evade that. From this point, you can do pretty much anything at all. I dont suggest doing supers because by now your oponent is... pretty dead... So to get some more unevadeable hits you can do:
bfRP > RP (throw) > f > j.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK > wait > a.RK > j.RP > a.LP
This combo works wonders if you manage to stun the oponent in the hits between the first fLK and RP. Thats five moves. In this case, follow RP with:
j.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK > wait > a.RK > ffLP > bfLK > ffLK or ffRK > a.fLK > a.fRP (throw) > bfLP > bLP (throw) > bfLK > bLP (throw) > bfRP > bRP (throw)
The rest you can imagine. The oponent bounced from the explosion and is felling down. If you feel he needs to die with an explosion, Super TAC of Super Teleport. If you just want to plant a few more juicy hits, run up and
j.RP > a.LP
In my performance, I saw Gracy kill the poor pyros bot in one go, or he was very close if not dead. I'm not exactly sure, honestly :p

The only problem with this reset is the fact that fLK is weird. For example, in frontal ground juggles (oponent in air and facing you, you not in air) fLK will not link at all, with the exception of after LP. In this case the oponent is not yet airborn, but fLK might not reach him, or reach him but not hit. In this case he has enough time to evade, and even turn around to block. It works about 50% of the time though.

So here they are. Tell me what you think. Oh and I may have written a few moves wrong because there was a lot of thinking involved, and I'm tired from having finished my best looking site yet.

Upcoming projects:
Cool Gargoyle trick that may be able to add a few extra hits to any combo.
VERY weird Warlord combo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

MY God man you seem to have mastered that chronos. congrats, im useless at combos that require a jump in the middle that doesnt happen on its own lol
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
MY God man you seem to have mastered that chronos. congrats, im useless at combos that require a jump in the middle that doesnt happen on its own lol

Nothing in this post beats my 40 hit combo, except that reset, but most people will flame me for using it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
Upcoming projects:
Cool Gargoyle trick that may be able to add a few extra hits to any combo.
VERY weird Warlord combo.

Awesome combos. Very interesting; I've had some Warlord ideas swimming around in my brain too for a while. I figure I may as well start up a thread for Warlord; we'll work our way through all the bots Very Happy
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Warlord can link 3 supers, as can Chronos, and Force if he is lucky. I dont think anyone else can, except maybe Katana, but I hadnt looked into her too deeply.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Warlord can link 3 supers? Interesting. I have no idea how to use his supers in a combo. And yes, Katana can easily link all three supers. I started the Warlord thread; post your 3 super combo in it :biggrin2:
Sidious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

I've done three supers in a kat before...
Linked.
Very evadeable...
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
Linked.
Very evadeable...

see omfmausoleum for a 3 super katana combo :p

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Linked.
Very evadeable...

i did a 56 hit katana combo yesterday in the training arena... BUT IT'S ALL MINE!!! BWHAAHAHA

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Linked.
Very evadeable...

i did a 56 hit katana combo yesterday in the training arena... BUT IT'S ALL MINE!!! BWHAAHAHA

How nice that you did, too bad it wouldnt be useful outside of training arena since any combo above ~40 hits gets you up against the wall. (so you either keep comboing against the wall or in the opposite direction.)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Katana is imposibly easy to combo with. I did 49 hits just yeaturday, in the first 10 minutes of practicing for the first time. Then took it to a server and beat 5 Master level AIs in the desert. Mostly used evading and the jumping to get away, and then when they were open, some heavy combo, like RP > LP > LK > RK > a.LP > a.RK > a.RP > a.LK or something the like. Also ffLK > ffRP fragments for me, so I used that often.

Back on topic, for faster pilots you can scratch the first four moves of my fragment combo. Make that
a.LK > a.LP > RK > LP
This makes fLK ! LK work with 100% consistency, but if you're too slow RK will knock the oponent away. With the first 10 moves of this fragment combo unevadeable, and 8 of them heavies, you are guaranteed to win LMS.

Oh and, I think I have a longer normal move only combo ready. Just have to test it with different pilot speeds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

This is old and useless as [filtered] but I really wanted to post my super uber killer 100% stable Chronos combo that owns stunned oponents in 1 go with any pilot. I only ever released a slightly worser version of the same thing on the MB.

a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > LK > fRP > fLK > RP > fj.RP > a.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK (miss) > a.RK > Freeze Upwards > Spawn RK > RK Teleport > a.fRP (throw) > Spawn RP > Spawn LK > LP (throw) > Spawn LP > Super TAC > Super Teleport > a.fRP (throw) > fLP (throw) > LK Teleport > a.fLK > a.fRP > fRK

That last hit only works on larger HARs and is not completely stable, but it still works. That's 44 hits. GGTHX Very Happy

Too bad nobody cares :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

I'd rather go for my 35-hit-always-hits-everything-on-any-har-even-in-lag combo :tongue2: . Perfectly reliable and uber-easy to perform,i'd choose this over slightly more damage and hard to do on some hars , any day Cool. I never liked to complicate things Smile
BreatheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

I have absolutely NO idea how to use Chronos or Force...they disgust me with their eccentric ways.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Chronos combos for yee Reply with quote

Quote:
I have absolutely NO idea how to use Chronos or Force...they disgust me with their eccentric ways.

follow the path of the jaguar Cool
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: