OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warlord Techniques
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Hey all. I'd been thinking up some cool Warlord resets for a while. I usually like to have an extremely damaging and extremely hard to evade combo starter for each situation, so here's what I've come up with for basic ground-to-ground combat.

Here's the hardest to evade reset I could find. You need a right grapplehand (as if you'd be using anything else :p).

[arp/alp/alk] flp frp flk frk ! frk [flk] frp rthrow

A double frk seems to be the fastest reset Warlord can do, and frk doesn't suffer block penalties so you can attempt it on front without too much worry (though it will only work reliably on back/sides).

Here's the most damaging reset I could find. The reset is unblockable Very Happy. Before everybody gets in a hissy about how its cheating, bear in mind that all bots can do unblockable resets with the ball of lightning, Mantis can use lk, Chronos can use rteleport, Force can use firebombs, Jaguar can use OT, etc. Unblockable resets are nothing new, and this particular reset is extremely easy to escape and punish, because all you have to do is get off the ground.

rp flk frk flp frp ! lk rp jlp arp alk

Note the huge string of 5 consecutive heavy moves on the reset, for a totally absurd amount of damage. You have to walk forward just a slight tad before doing the second rp, and it only works on bouncy ground, otherwise the jlp won't connect. You can also replace the first rp with an air heavy (other than ark).
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Well my brother has been running around, spamming
a.LK > fRK > fLP > fRP > fLP > fRP > fRK > fLK > RP > j.fRK > wait > a.RP > a.LP
I tought him that one, as it is the only warlord reset Ive come up with. I hadnt tied too hard really, and that a.fRK > wait > a.RP was going to go into my "VERY weird Warlord combo", but here it is in this one.

Warlord links three supers like this.
With both Mortar Hands
bfPP > ffKK > bfPP > rrKK > run up > ffPP
You have to be at a certain range to do this. Super Rocket should hit just before Sper Mortar kicks in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

you can actually continue a sequence after a forward throw ya know... just walk forward slightly, and press forward, lk. It hits them nearly 100% of the time if you do it right. What you follow that up with even is up to you. I like throwing in a super grapple around there Wink

Blind patriotism
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Quote:
you can actually continue a sequence after a forward throw ya know... just walk forward slightly, and press forward, lk. It hits them nearly 100% of the time if you do it right. What you follow that up with even is up to you. I like throwing in a super grapple around there Wink

depends on the pilot, i used to be abled to do this 100% stable, but with the fLK nerf its become a lot harder.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Yes. I usually get it 90% with LP and push all my troubles away, as I would probobly have used fLK and fLP by then. Only theese three moves reach, from my experience. Oh and a.LK fur suicide lovers.

I have noticed that my 3 super suggestion doesnt work without lag... But I have a new one. Fire super rocket over to the side somewhere, come close, super mace thing. Soon as you finish that the rockets should hit. Meanwhile, you should be switching to double grapple hand. With the oponent a little to the side, super grapple works easily.
This is not something to rely on. I only did it 10-15 times, out of the 100000ds I tried.

Also my fragment suggestion doesnt work, because its two combos stuck together, that I hoped would work. But fRK > fLP > fRP > fLP > fRP > fRK > fLK > RP works easily. The jumping part I can only do out of stomps.

PS: sorry for OT, but is Katana's ffRK > ffRP suposed to fragment?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Normally a combo for me.
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Quote:
Also my fragment suggestion doesnt work, because its two combos stuck together, that I hoped would work. But fRK > fLP > fRP > fLP > fRP > fRK > fLK > RP works easily. The jumping part I can only do out of stomps.

PS: sorry for OT, but is Katana's ffRK > ffRP suposed to fragment?

Yeah, I didn't think it would work, because iirc flp doesn't link to frk after a fragment. You can fragment frp ! flp extremely fast though so you should be able to do something a bit more creative with it. Remember that you don't need to follow the progression once the opponent is in the air. Just copy-pasting and changing the order of the fragmented light moves a bit:

a.LK > fRK > fLP > fRP ! fLP > fRK > fLK > fRP > RP > j.fRK > wait > a.RP > a.LP

should work.

Also, it's not possible for Katana's ffrk to fragment to ffrp because ffrk always puts the opponent in the air. Did you mean fflp? If so, if you do it fast enough if will link, but you can easily fragment by pausing a bit. Too bad I don't know enough about Katana; I'd assume you could do some pretty interesting fragments with it, since you'd be able to re-use fflp among some of its better ground moves.
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

That combo will not work because after a.LK, fRK puts the oponent in the air. Gotta start with fRK.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Oops, add a fLK in front:

a.LK > fLK > fRK > fLP > fRP ! fLP > fRK > fLK > fRP > RP > j.fRK > wait > a.RP > a.LP
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

That would work, though I'd fear for a.LK
Also slow pilots will have difficulty with j.fRK after RP. You may as well not bother Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Heh, with slower pilots they usually have enough power that you can just end the combo right then and there and be done with it Wink.

And you can replace alk with any of alp, arp, or rp (they all link to flk).
Meowbeast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

A.RK, jump, A.RP, A.LP, A.FRP, A.FLK, A.FRK, RP, FLP, FRP, Super Mace Smash, FLK, FRK, jump, A.FLP, A.LK. ( You can switch the A.FRP and A.FLP around. A good combo to do on stunned enemies and non-stunned enemies alike. If you time it right you might be able to missle them and A.RK them, and it will combo. I hope I typed it right. I am going to go make sure.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

That... is insane....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Yeah, some guy cussed me out once I think. Very Happy
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Warlord Techniques Reply with quote

Quote:
A.RK, jump, A.RP, A.LP, A.FRP, A.FLK, A.FRK, RP, FLP, FRP, Super Mace Smash, FLK, FRK, jump, A.FLP, A.LK. ( You can switch the A.FRP and A.FLP around. A good combo to do on stunned enemies and non-stunned enemies alike. If you time it right you might be able to missle them and A.RK them, and it will combo. I hope I typed it right. I am going to go make sure.

Remind me not to piss you off online MB, Thats insanity
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: