OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

you're starting to understand XD

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you make your own paint jobs in the mod tools? If so, then this can easily be fixed. Thanks for bringing this important issue to everyones attention, Endy.

As always, just doing my job. Very Happy
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
Besides, why would you want to know? I think Anonymous posts in a Balance forum are a necessity because it allows you to post without people valuing your opinions beforehand on your reputation.

No see that is [filtered], it lets people say whatever the [filtered] they want to without feeling responsible for it or attached to it.

If anything it should NOT be allowed in any kind of debate (IE: balance forums). The internet is already annonymous enough.

If you think you need to "save face" after saying something, then you would never say it in real life so why should you say it online. If people choose to disregard your opinions based on your name, well then thats their loss isn't it, you can't change that and for everyone who allows themselves to be that ignorant... there is 10 more people who are listening to your logic.

So just let them be ignorant of what you have to say. Like I said, it's their loss not yours. You don't ever have to prove anything to anyone.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

shut up endy
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
shut up endy

hahaha
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

He does bring up a number of irrefutable points. :thumbsup:
Grom_hellscream

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
shut up endy

GO Anonymous!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

erm correct me if im wrong but...

Endy gave many good arguments (yet to be refuted), and the Anonymous replied with that post, purposely Anonymous, just as a joke? I mean if "Anonymous" actually meant what he was saying, i do think he should atleast get some better arguments. :tongue2:

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

ANONYMITY IS CRUCIAL. It is important for exactly the reasons ENDY slagged it off, the net is a place where people can be whatever they want to be. Anonymity allows that and is vital because of it.

Also how many people would die/suffer each year without the option of asking for help anonymously (alcys anonymous etc)

sometimes people NEED to be detatched from what they are saying it can allow them to say things without letting personal feelings get in the way.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

none of those things are really applicable here... If id state my oppinion here, and confirm it as anonymous, i could easily make it seem as if people are agreeing with me... just as an example... There isnt really any reason on this forum to be annonymous when making a statement. If there is, please give me a good example.

raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

People to friggin lazy to sign to the messageboard. and people playing the game to lazy to or not want to register. so they can slapp in their opinions regarding balance at least.

Also as endy said (iirc), someone can actualy post a idea or correction to the balance without facing prejudice based on reputation, thought i consider that minor.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

the first arguments are a minor, the second brings along that you wont have to take responsibility for your own words. Being a bad thing imho.

raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

You might call it a minor, (first one) but the fact si that several people wouldnt post at all in first palce if they had to register.

the opinins are splitt regarding the second one. you might call it avoiding responcibility of speak, other might call it avoiding prejudice.its both and. but if used right, only the later one aplies. Example, if i was to post sugestions for balancing omfbg, everyone would ignore me becose i dont play teh game. so if i had actually played teh game a bit for a week, and found something i thought was wrong, i could post it as anonymous and you guys would at least check it out.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Ok suppose you have a contraversial point that you know would get you flamed by 'certain' members of the MB, you could post it anonymously as a way to get it heard and it wouldnt have reciprocations later on when u post on other subjects. Although in this case all he said was HA HA HA and Shut up endy oooo big deal lol, those comments if made anonymously are not worth talking about at all tbh. Anonymity is a way of keeping yourself safe from people who take thigns too seriously, trust me this REALLY happens people on the last MMPORG i played started sending 1 guy hate mail cos of a post he made on forums if he made it anonymously it wouldnt have happened. (dont just say theres no1 like that on these boards cos im not saying there is, its just an example.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
...Also as endy said (iirc), someone can actualy post a idea or correction to the balance without facing prejudice based on reputation, thought i consider that minor...

Hey, I said that! :confused:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: