OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

if i have something to say that's going to get me hated, i sure wont be hiding under a fake username or even worse, no username.

Im not saying being annonymous is always wrong... I just dont see any reason for it in the balance forum. (Raptor, if you'd state you had played the game a bit, everyone would give atleast as much attention to any user of the boards.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
You might call it a minor, (first one) but the fact si that several people wouldnt post at all in first palce if they had to register.

The whole idea about registering on message boards isn't just to get a fancy name with a cute avatar next to it. There is also a reason to filter out people who aren't serious enough to discuss subjects in a mature way. Whether you like or not, this is intentional and if people don't bother with the >>easy<< registering part, then that's just a good sign that it really works.

Quote:
the opinins are splitt regarding the second one. you might call it avoiding responcibility of speak, other might call it avoiding prejudice.its both and. but if used right, only the later one aplies. Example, if i was to post sugestions for balancing omfbg, everyone would ignore me becose i dont play teh game. so if i had actually played teh game a bit for a week, and found something i thought was wrong, i could post it as anonymous and you guys would at least check it out.

Well there is a possibility it will be ignored if you haven't played the game. But as long as you have valid points it's the message board and its members fault if they choose to ignore it. I'd say it's an even greater risk if you post anonymously. Then you are basically saying "I can say whatever I want, because there is no reason to defend my case later on". While it's great that you don't need to defend your arguments, you can't expect much of a reply either. It's like asking for mail, but forgot to give your own address. So as long as discussion consists of sender and feedback parts, it's pretty pointless to post anonymously.
Marks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

^LOL. I forgot to login. Oh the irony.

Anyway, Endy is right on spot. Internet should be a place where you can exchange the ideas and opinions you normally have. If you don't use a particular language or words in real life, than you shouldn't do it here either.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
^LOL. I forgot to login. Oh the irony.

Anyway, Endy is right on spot. Internet should be a place where you can exchange the ideas and opinions you normally have. If you don't use a particular language or words in real life, than you shouldn't do it here either.

Dus ik kan gewoon Nederlands blijven brabbelen hier? lachuh! wordt mss een beetje lastig btw met alle verschillende nationaliteiten op dit prikbord... :p

groetjes,
EGM

Electronic Gaming Machine
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
Therefore I can continue babble ordinary Dutch here? lachuh! mss a beetje becomes cumbersome VAT with all different nationalities on this prikbord... groetjes,EGM

Babel Fish is your friend!
Marks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

EGM: That's right. Now we are getting somewhere. Wink
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Therefore I can continue babble ordinary Dutch here? lachuh! mss a beetje becomes cumbersome VAT with all different nationalities on this prikbord... groetjes,EGM

Babel Fish is your friend!

rofl! Good call, Vuen.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

too bad babelfish cant translate this: hafeh shooh pedasage gooh sifeed-e hamal.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

babel fish could translate anything that makes sense to the speaker, it uses brainwaves to interpret what people say.

People should be able to say things they wouldnt say in real life, people should be able to say things they say here that they say in real life. The reason they dont is usually fear of being shunned from the group.

Now then what you actually mean is if they wouldnt be that abusive in real life then they shouldnt be here, this i agree with but i think you'l find most jerks are offensive everywhere including real life. (but hey thats what the swear filter and banning procedure are for).
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
too bad babelfish cant translate this: hafeh shooh pedasage gooh sifeed-e hamal.

:p .ereh slasrever desinagro elpitlum no gniog m'I .I lliw os neht ,txet eht daer ot tluciffid ti ekam ot gniog er'uoy fI ?ti yb dedneffo eb I dluohS ?ton yhW
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

:p .ereh slasrever desinagro elpitlum no gniog m'I .I lliw os neht ,txet eht daer ot tluciffid ti ekam ot gniog er'uoy fI ?ti yb dedneffo eb I dluohS ?ton yhW

i can speak another language, not backwards english you hamal.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

.daer uoy rof tluciffid ti ekam ylpmis llahs I erofereht ,(etalsnart nac ro) wonk t'nod uoy taht eguagnal a wonk I taht tbuod ylsuoires I
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Quote:
.daer uoy rof tluciffid ti ekam ylpmis llahs I erofereht ,(etalsnart nac ro) wonk t'nod uoy taht eguagnal a wonk I taht tbuod ylsuoires I

in degeh language shood? kir-e manoh boughoh
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

Advarsel, dette er altfor langt bortenfor temaet! det er totalt uvesentlig!

Warning, this is way out of topic! and is completelly irrelevant!

we have a offtopic forum for a reason. now just stopp spamming language stuff.
this is actually a balance forum, and endy made a very interesting point, that should bee heeded.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE. Reply with quote

.elbissop is ,enneidanaC siacnarF ?Úsrevner siacnarF ne ac erttem ut-tueP .eugnal at sap dnerpmoc en ej ,neuV !hcnerF sdrawkcab kaeps I woN !ti s'tahT
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: