OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pyros fragment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

I've known this fragment for a while, and it's actually fairly useful.

SuperFlameThrower ! a.lk

This works fantasitcally well if SFT hits, but it's hard to land unless the opponent is in front of you. Usually you need to hit SFT fully so it pushes them back, jump as far as you can and then perform the a.lk

SuperFlameThrower ! a.LK, RP, LK, a.fRK, a.LP, LP, fRP, fRK, RK, fLK, a.RP, a.RK, a.fLK, a.fRP, a.fLP, SuperFireSpin

The combo does a total of around 160 damage.

The amount of damage here greatly depends on how much of the SFT you get in. With Gracy, the most damage I've been able to do is around 85, meaning almost 250 if you get all of SFT in. If not, it still breaks 200 fairly easily.

when I get 2172 working again, I'll post up a video of how to perfom the fragment properly
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Very nice. I've never seen anybody use such a fragment before, but I've seen a replay of it you showed me. People instinctively go aggressive after getting hit by SFT, and basically anything but a block gets you killed by the alk, which is what makes it so lethal. If you can link stuff into SFT you can tack on plenty more damage. Very awesome.

Good proof that moves like SFT are much more useful than people think when you bother to explore their capabilities, and that nobody has fully explored all of the capabilities of any robot yet, Pyros being no exception.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

There are a few downsides though... The succes really depends on the distance the opponent is at. otherwise LK has a good chance of missing, also even though its quite hard to do much against, HARs like mantis or Gargoyle can punish it severely with their immense Priority attacks.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

I did mention something along the lines of that, but once you've used it a few times you just know when it's right to use it. I don't think I've had anyone that has countered or blocked it when I've used it online. The AI certainly can't
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Quote:
I did mention something along the lines of that, but once you've used it a few times you just know when it's right to use it. I don't think I've had anyone that has countered or blocked it when I've used it online. The AI certainly can't

AI tends to do something like jump, sometimes removing the ability to combo from it :\

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

I'll just point out that pyros can fragment if the opponent air evades in your combo, I'm just a noob and the long combos are as of yet boyond my reach, however RK RP LK A.LP A.FRK A.FLK A.RP right/super firespin, IF the opponent evades after A.LP wait a second and use A RP u will turn to face them and it resets combo allowing u to use A.LP again, A.RP tends to have this ability anywhere in a combo but it seems a little tempramental.
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

For future reference the combo counter resets any time the enemy evades a combo Cloudeh.

As for the SFT fragment, you can simply jump differently depending on the distance the enemy is at; flip jump forward, jump forward, or jump up can cover all the distances.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

I only use pyros tho vuen lol, im gettin better slowly Razz
veryorkish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Personaly I like to use a.flp after sft because its multiple hits and an easy ground evade catcher.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Simple Fragment:

rk > A.Frk > A.Flk {Random Combo/Spam Here}

easy 3 hit starter, the rk lifts you into the air, where the 2 fast hits link 90% of the time with a decent agil pilot (Xante)

if the opponet air evades, throw a FS/SFS and knock them back to the ground the same way the Kick Fragment does, they also bounce off the ground most of the time, allowing you an EASY combo start there :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

RK doesn't lift you into the air, that's LK - and if it is LK you're talking about, then that's not a fragment, it's just a combo. Using a.fRK after RK goes over them, anyway. A fragment (short for fragmented combo) is when you hit an opponent after one of your hits, like a combo, and hits before the opponent can make any move whatsoever, but leaves just enough of a time gap so that the first combo ends and another begins. It's worthwhile because combos get weaker and weaker as they go on, but if you reset the combo counter with a fragment, it starts again at full damage.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

oops...suposed to be B.rk > B.rk > Wait > lk > A.Frk > A.Flk {Combo}

The two B.rk's knock the opponet down, the LK launches them, you 2hit them and combo it out when they bounce

SFS + SFB For best results (20+ hits with fast pilot (Milano))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Players always get a second or two of total invincibility when they're getting up. They have enough time to turn around and block you, if they're feeling merciful and don't decide to pull some acrobatics on you. Wink

Plus, putting B before RK is redundant; pressing back doesn't change the move, only forward does that.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

I dunno about fragments but Pyros is king of counter bait.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Pyros fragment Reply with quote

Pyros counter is most annoying of all... :sweat2:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: