OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My combos.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAD_DAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: My combos. Reply with quote

Well, since this training section is here, i'll put my combos here in case someone needs one.

So, first with Mantis. I use 2 combos.

First one:

LK - a.RK - a.LK - a.LP - RK - LP - f.LP - f.RP - RP - SuperFlySwarm - f.LK - LeftSlide - SuperSlide - FrontEvade - a.f.LP a.f.RP a.f.LK(RK)(Or land and Acid Spit).

Second one : It's with that nasty fragment.

LP - f.LK - RK - f.RK - a.LK - LeftAcidSpit - f.LP - f.LP - f.RP - RP - j.a.RK - LP - RK - f.RK - a.f.RP - a.f.LP - wait - a.LP - SuperFlySwarm - LK - a.LK - land - SuperSlide - RightSlide.

Good. Now, Chronos. I also have 2 combos.

First one : The classic one :

a.RK - j.a.LK - a.LP - LP - RK - LK - RP - (LP)Freeze - Create(RK)Crystal - Create(LK)Crystal - j.a.f.RK - a.f.LK - (a.f.RP)Throw - Create(RP)Crystal - back up a little - (f.RP)Throw - SuperT.A.C. - run - (f.LP)Throw - Create(LP)Crystal - (f.LP)Throw - TeleportSuper.

Then, the special one that i always use , and my fav. :

a.RK - a.LP - LP - RK - RP - j.a.LK - f.LK - (RP)Freeze - Create(RK)Crystal - Create(LK)Crystal - LK - (f.RP)Throw - Create(RP)Crystal - back up - (f.RP)Throw - SuperT.A.C. - run - (f.LP)Throw - Create(LP)Crystal - (f.LP)Throw - SuperTeleport

This last one does 30 hits. The others, i forgot Very Happy.
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I just decided to repost the revised version of my Chronos combo.

a.LP > LP > RK > LK > RP > j.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK > wait > a.RK > fRP > fLK > LP Freeze > Spawn RK > RK Teleport > a.fRP (throw) > one step forward > Spawn LP > bLP (throw) > Spawn LK > bLP (throw) > Spawn RP > Super TAC > Temporal Ambush > a.fRP (throw) > LK Teleport > a.fLK > a.fRP

Moves not used:
fLP
fRK
a.RP (I still think there may be a way...)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Not using the third super too. Just for the record.
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
MAD_DAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Hmm, Discomb, i tried your combo and i managed to put a.RP in easily, with a little trick Wink.

The place to put it in is at the beginning, after the part :

RP > j.f.RK > a.f.LP > a.LK
------------^
It has to be HERE
meaning

RP > j.f.RK >a.RP > a.f.LP > a.LK

The trick is, when you do j.f.RK, you must jump a little further in order to be under the opponent, so as he falls, he falls almost on top of you. Then the a.RP will connect both hits and the a.f.LP will work, and then the rest of the combo.
So that makes what, 42? Very Happy Nice.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Yay MAD_DAN!!!!!
Only a.RP does 2 hits...
That makes 43, not using three moves. I think also that in that last part...
a.fLK > a.fRP
... you can add fRK in the end, with a high agility pilot. a.fRP DOES make the oponent bounce just a little, and that may give enough time to land and do the quick fRK poke. This is only a theory. Do not mistake for the real thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Guys, it has come to my attention while playing a few experimental games today, and Chronos has some of the best air moves IN THE GAME!!!
This is not something I will argue, because it takes a giant load of skill to tame them, but I found out two things:
SOMEHOW I managed to link a.fRP to a.RP on a mantis. There was absolutely no lag as it was a bot, and there was no evade because the counter did not reset. I think the full combo of that was a.fLK > a.fRP > a.RP > a.RK so on. HOW this happened, I dont know. Could be a bug. But it means that it is in fact posible to link something from a.fRP.
Now for the coolest part. I learned that a.fRK of Chronoses posesses the same properties as a.RK!!! If the oponent is below and in front of you, a.fRK will bounce him just like a.RK does, a little forward, and way over your head. That means that Chronos now has two bouncing moves that can be comboed from. You know how my 43 hit combo works because I use a.RK bo bounce the oponent? Well heh, now I can do it 2ce! And I think I may even have an unevadeable way of doing it... :ooo:

Collective conclusion: I believe, although I have not yet tested it, that RP > a.fLP > a.fRP > a.fRK > fRP > fLK should link flawlessly. I'm off to test the posibilities of a.fRP > a.fRK now. Please, other Chronoses, lets see if we can make something of it. a.fRK is a very good and quick move that links well to and from itself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I'm on it Very Happy
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Ok it didnt turn out quite as cool as I wanted it to be, but it still rocks really hard. The thing is, a.fRK doesnt actually bounce the oponent, but rather kicks them up just over the ground with 0 landing delay. RP > j.fLP > a.fRP > a.fRK does not actually link because a.fRP misses completely. However! a.fRP is an auto targeting move. Since there is so much delay between a.fLP and a.fRK the enemy has almost a full second to evade. Furtunately, we can track the evade with a.fRP and a.fLP. Therefore, I came up with this.
RP > j.fLP > a.fLP *
*1) If the enemy evades you will track him, and hit, unless its a back evade in which case boldly follow with a.LP.
*2) if the enemy does not evade a.fRK > fLK **
**1) ffRP and he is frozen above head height.
**2) fRP > j.fLK > a.fRP ends the deal in a classy way
**3) (only a maybe) LK > RK > ffRP

I'm not actually sure that RP > j.fLP > a.fLP > a.fRK is the best air part for this. There are likely better variants that I just hadnt played with yet. But bare in mind that two successive a.fLP misses are also posible, making a left/right evade ultra punishable.

EDIT: I forgot to say the Chronos can turn in the air pretty well without doing any moves, so it may be posible to just turn in the evade direction during that half second that you have, and then punishing it.

EDIT: btw what do you think of this?
a.fLK > a.fLP > a.RP > a.RK > a.LK > a.fRK > a.LP
EDIT: or the same thing with landing?
a.LP > j.fKL > a.fLP > a.RP > a.RK > a.LK > a.fRK > a.fRP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Heh, you might want to play a little bit of Garg/Pyros before making extreme statements...
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I play Garg quite adequately. The air moves are all great, but difficult to set up before being able to use effectively. Chronos has the means of being able to set it up, so its hardly a problem.
As for Pyros, yes he has some amazing air moves I agree. But in all honesty, Chronos can out-air-combo pyros. Thats not the point now though. We're trying to find out wether a.fRK and a.fRP have some interesting uses for us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Pyros has better air attacks, thats quite simple. Though Chronos may have less evadability.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I just played with chronos some and this is what i have so far: (stable)
j.LK a.LP LP RK RP j.fLP a.fRK fLK LK

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Yess that means fLK > LK in this situation. Yay TUF! Very Happy
Only I did you wait for that half second between a.fLP > a.fRK? I'm pretty sure you can fit two evade tracking a.fLPs in that gap and still make it. Because if the enemy does evade, and tou track it, a.LK > a.RK > a.fLP > a.fRK continue combo on ground. Dont you think its amazing how a.fRK > fLK without any delay whatsoever? Its even better then a.fRK > a.RP because then the combo isnt lost!

PS: I htink its best not to start combos with air moves, because once you jump you are the essence of predictability. I like starting with LP itself, or actually ff > fLK > l/r evade > LP. fLK has so much range when you're running!

PSS: Just realized, this is a very sexy combo. Think about what happens next. Freeze > Spawn RK > Temporal Ambush > a.fRP (throw) and you still hadnt used my favorite air moves! Next: Spawn LK > fLP (throw) > Run up > a.RP > a.fLK > forward evade > a.RK > fRP > fRK !!! This part is all too evadeable, but hey, I'm pretty sure the rest of it hardly is, because even if the oponent evades after RP (very posible) a.fLP should track is, and then its [filtered] on earth!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

RK Crystal > Mass Stasis > f.RP throw > RK > LK > LP > f.LK > RP > LP freeze > RP TAC > LK Crystal > TAC Super > Temporal ambush > f.RP throw > land > f.LP throw > a.RK > a.LK > a.RP > a.LP (or a.f.LK if he's too far) .

It was made last night so it's rough. Feel free to add/modify moves :thumbsup:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Its easy to start a combo from the air out of a forward flip, Disco, you should try it some more.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: