OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My combos.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Just tried some more:
a.LP LP RK RP j.fLP a.LK a.RK LK j.fRP a.fRK fLK

So right now im missing a.RP a.fLK. I would hope theyre doable, if not you can always use them to finish your combo. Giving you all air moves, so you still have 3 freezes, 2 TACs, fRP, fRK, fLP, Super Tac, Super Teleport, regular teleports.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Dan, sorry, but thats nothing particularly interesting. Just another start to an old combo, and spawning two crystals and then Super TAC requires at least average speed.

TUF: That is SICK! :ooo:
I can poke that in SO many places! Does a.RK really link perfectly to LK? Or did you have to step forward? And aired LK > j.fRP > a.fRK??? Why didnt I think of that?!?!?!?!
I'll get back to you when I plug a few moves in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I started with Warlord and :

Left mace right grapple

a.RK > j.a.RP > a.LK > a.f.RK > Right Grapple > Change to Mace > f.LK > f.RK > f.LP > f.RP > forward > RP > Mace Super > f,f,LP .

Unfortunately there isn't enough time for the change and still catch with f.LK unless you get a fast pilot. Sad

Fortunately my pilot for Warlord is Velocity so Very Happy
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

try this:
j.RK j.RP a.LP a.LK a.fRK

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
MAD_DAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

NIiiice, thanks, i tried for 20 mins to put in a.LP and i didn't succeed.
Very Happy :thumbsup:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

what i currently have for chronos:
a.LP, LP, RK, RP, j.fLP, a.LK, *1, a.RK, LK, j.fLP, *2, a.fRK, fLK, (RP)Freeze, (RK)Create crystal, SuperTAC, (LK)Teleport, (a.fRP)Throw, (LP)Create crystal, (LP)Throw, (LK)Create crystal, (LP)Throw.

right now i need to ajust my combo practice method since anything much beyond this would be unreliable information, since it wouldn't fit practice arena.

=========================================================

*1 = a short wait
*2 = a.(F)Evade

Attacks left to use:
Ground normals: fLP, fRP, fRK, Side Attack
Air normals: a.fLK, a.RP
Special attacks: (RP)Create crystal, (RP)Throw (possibly a.fRP)
SuperTeleport, Mass Stasis

Attacks that can not be used mid-combo:
Mass Stasis
fLP

Attacks that realistically are not usable mid-combo:
Side attack

Attacks that can't be used to finish the combo:
Mass stasis

Attacks that are very difficult to use mid-combo:
fRK

Options:
This basically means that i will need to finish the combo using either fLP, Side attack, or fRK, though obviously i'd much prefer using fRK mid combo.

My thoughts:
I am thinking of using *create right TAC* fRK at this point, followed by super teleport ASAP, if this connects, i have superteleport, AND fRK in, then tos the TAC right after the super teleport, which should allow me to put in either j.RP, a.fLK or j.fLK a.RP in. This would most likely only be possible to follow up with fRP, fLP. I doubt the fLP will connect within time.

Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

TUF fRK > Temporal Ambush will link, but only with insane speed, and if the oponent is very high above you.
Also fRP >< fLP at all times.
But RP > fLP > fLK picks fLP up pretty easily. Thats the only thing I can offer to follow fLP as a move in general.
So basically, this is how I would have ended the combo after the freeze. This is only an experimental idea though.

Spawn RK > Super TAC > Spawn LP > LP (throw) > Temporal Ambush > a.fRP (throw) > Spawn RP > bRP (throw) > Spawn LK > fLP (throw) > j.RP > a.fLK

Yes I used two supers, and a lot of moves were left unused, but I like the idea of Super TAC > RP TAC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I would still use Super Teleport and SuperTAC, though i intend to make good use of super teleport, since its rather fast and could potentially pickup an opponent from the ground when theres not too much time.

Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Its 3 am here. I'll experiment tomorrow and post how it worked out. Because seriously, the combo sounds like it can go over 43 hits.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I'm having a lot of trouble with j.fLP > a.LK for some reason. It just doesnt connect well, and my fingers arent quick enough to do it I guess, or maybe its just that it was 3 am. Consider that j.fRK > a.fLP > a.LK linked perfectly for me before.

The Super TAC > Spawn LP > LP is absolutely brilliant. Its a bit odd on the timing, so you have to get it right, but try this everyone:
Spawn LP and RK > LP > (LK) Teleport Kick > a.fRP
Its absolutely brilliant, and connects 100% of the time. Also unevadeable. Reason being, the speed of a flying LP TAC is just a bit higher then the Teleport charge speed, so they connect very consequently. Therefore I think
Freeze > Spawn RK > Super TAC > Spawn LP > LP (throw) > (LK) Teleport Kick > a.fRP (throw) is absolutely brilliant, if you get the timing right. I have yet to experiment with fRK > Temporal Ambush though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I know its tripple posting, but theese posts really adress separate issues.

First of all, j.fRP > a.LK > a.RK is hard to pull off. Secondly, the whole combo you suggested is hard in the training arena due to the small drop that makes the forward evade stop too early.
Thirdly, Super TAC > Spawn LP > LP does not work with Gracy. Maybe it will with Velocity or something. Too slow.

Now for some cool things. I found a way to impliment some moves well. Sample strings:
a.LK > a.LP > LP > fLP ! LK > RK > so on
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > fRK ! LK > RK > so on
LK > fRP > fLK > Freeze (RP) > Spawn (RK) > RP (throw) > fRK (the stasis ball explodes right after the kick, nullifying the natural evadeability)

Particularly I enjoy the fragment up there.
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > fRK ! LK > RK > LP > fLK > Freeze (LP) > Spawn RK > RP (throw) > fRK (oponent frozen) > pretty much anything, considering that I still havent used RP, a.fRK and a.RK as launchers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Quote:
I know its tripple posting, but theese posts really adress separate issues.

First of all, j.fRP > a.LK > a.RK is hard to pull off. Secondly, the whole combo you suggested is hard in the training arena due to the small drop that makes the forward evade stop too early.
Thirdly, Super TAC > Spawn LP > LP does not work with Gracy. Maybe it will with Velocity or something. Too slow.

Now for some cool things. I found a way to impliment some moves well. Sample strings:
a.LK > a.LP > LP > fLP ! LK > RK > so on
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > fRK ! LK > RK > so on
LK > fRP > fLK > Freeze (RP) > Spawn (RK) > RP (throw) > fRK (the stasis ball explodes right after the kick, nullifying the natural evadeability)

Particularly I enjoy the fragment up there.
a.LK > a.LP > LP > RK > fRK ! LK > RK > LP > fLK > Freeze (LP) > Spawn RK > RP (throw) > fRK (oponent frozen) > pretty much anything, considering that I still havent used RP, a.fRK and a.RK as launchers.

(In gracy)

Actually it should be j.fLP (not j.fRP) > a.LK > a.RK

This is very easy and for me it hits 100% stable, then follow with LK > j.fRP > Forward evade > a.fRK.

This is also 100% stable, however if the floor you're performing it on slowly goes lower, you're going to have a hard time connecting the a.fRK. Also note that the a.fRK will hit outside of its animation, slightly after it was performed. (which is why fLK combos out of it so stable).

Basically the entire combo i put up is fully stable and has a 100% succes rate at any opponent angle in laserball. Just need to add more moves Razz

Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Well actually I had a slightly better idea. Start with a.LK > a.LP
Then in that part (sorry for the mixup earlier) j.fLP > a.fRP (miss) a.RK 100% stable right here.
And yes, the magical properties of a.fRK is exactly why I bumped this thread. Will play with more moves when new ideas come.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

Quote:
Well actually I had a slightly better idea. Start with a.LK > a.LP
Then in that part (sorry for the mixup earlier) j.fLP > a.fRP (miss) a.RK 100% stable right here.
And yes, the magical properties of a.fRK is exactly why I bumped this thread. Will play with more moves when new ideas come.

That's not more stable then mine though :p

Anyway, starting a combo using a.LK a.LP isn't even close to as easy as starting one with just a.LP. (which is why i prefer it by far)

Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My combos. Reply with quote

I'm going to spend the next 30 minutes coming up with a Chronos combo. Then I'm going to edit it into this post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: