OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

35-40 hit mantis combo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Hehe I found my new favorite HAR.

NO SUPER (15 hits):
RK > LP > fLK > fRK > RP > a.fLP > a.fRP > a.RK > a.LK > a.RP > LK > RP slide

ONE SUPER (25+ hits):
RK > LP > fLK > fRK > RP > a.fLP > a.fRP > a.RK > a.LK > a.RP > super fly > LK > RP slide

TWO SUPER (35+ hits)
RK > LP > fLK > fRK > RP > a.fLP > a.fRP > a.RK > a.LK > a.RP > super fly > LK > super slide > RP slide

I have gotten as high as 40 hits, always get above 35. This does ~170dmg with Brick and 165dmg with Dawn.

NOTES:
- Can easily be adapted to fit into a RK > RP > RK > RP facespam routine.
- This combo is insanely effective with the pilot DAWN, since she will build an entire bar of super energy by the time you get to the last super spot. So you can do the full combo with only one full bar to start it.

- Substitute fLP > fRP ! RP in place of fLK > fRK > RP for a nasty combo reset.
- You can also get resets by using LK early in the combo.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Seems whoever said Mantis isnt exactly the Damage master was more then right. My 40 hit combo in Chronos (without resets) does 240+ damage with Gracy. Compared to 165 in Dawn..........

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Nice start Endy, expected better from you though.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Mantis is wonderful to use because his moves flow so elegantly, i especially love is a.flk and a.frk as the little flicks to the side. (So classy to throw opponent into hazards with Smile.

If you're fighting a predictable opponent you can kill some1 with mantis without them getting a hit in. Rk - Rp then they can evade if u know /guess which way u can do either (side evade (side punch and repeat)) or if they evade backwards continue a combo of your choice. I've done the rk rp sidepunch 5 times in a row before against AI could have done it more but they got stunned lol. Pummels their hp and sets u up for a combo when they are stunned shame u wont do any real damage with a combo but hey thats life as a mantis.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Mantis is wonderful to use because his moves flow so elegantly, i especially love is a.flk and a.frk as the little flicks to the side. (So classy to throw opponent into hazards with Smile.

If you're fighting a predictable opponent you can kill some1 with mantis without them getting a hit in. Rk - Rp then they can evade if u know /guess which way u can do either (side evade (side punch and repeat)) or if they evade backwards continue a combo of your choice. I've done the rk rp sidepunch 5 times in a row before against AI could have done it more but they got stunned lol. Pummels their hp and sets u up for a combo when they are stunned shame u wont do any real damage with a combo but hey thats life as a mantis.

Its a beginning, Mantis face spam can get heck of a lot worse theb that.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

What in the [filtered] [filtered] is an 'RP Slide'? Does Mantis have a new move that I haven't seen?
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
What in the [filtered] [filtered] is an 'RP Slide'? Does Mantis have a new move that I haven't seen?

Endy you [filtered!!!] cheatzorz!

Endy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Mantis RP is a blockhit with absolutley incredible priority.
It's probably as overpowered as Warlord LP and Pyros LK.

RP combos to RK and RK combos to RP.
RP > RK > RP > RK > RP > RK is uninterruptible except by counter.
Just force your opponent to counter and anticipate the counter ala jag facespam style.

RK pushes you about 3 HAR lenghts forward. This is 10x more deadly than jag facespam.

Once matis uses his overpowered RP to hit you into the air, you're guaranteed to eat 5-10 air hits minimum. IF you evade then he will catch you with a slide and rape your stun bar.

I've started playing with Jean-Paul since it lets me abuse superfly and super spiders insanely well and still gives me good power and endurance. It's genious.
Endy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Seems whoever said Mantis isnt exactly the Damage master was more then right. My 40 hit combo in Chronos (without resets) does 240+ damage with Gracy. Compared to 165 in Dawn..........

Mantis is more like katana in terms of damage. He EASILY makes up for it with overly long combos and incredibly easy starting moves.

His damage is low because RK hits 2x for a low damage and RP is a launcher.
LP is his only real ground heavy move.

LP > RK > RP is 4 hits, which means combo scaling starts almost immediatley for him.

LK is fairly usless in combos even though it deals a significant abount of damage.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Endy just FYI if you use low agil pilots with Mantis you'l never be able to abuse combo's like the faster pilots. Velocity can rip [Filter ed] into any pilot.
Saying that though Cho-Dox/Dawn/Mizuno etc can anhialate people with supers but tend to die getting stuck in (similarly to force with low agil/end pilots).

I'm only just getting the hang of mantis but i find that unless ur opponent is lagging (which is actually quite likely) they can easily evade after rp. While u cud catch them with RK slide they have to not hit u while u do it. Pyros/Mantis/Jaguar/Chronos at least can hit u after evading with their air kicks or specials dont know about other hars enough.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Erm, you can NEVER evade after the first attack, combo has to be 2 hits before the opponent can evade (in air that is).

A little tip:
LK is quite hard to put in without making your combo horribly evadable, so put it at places your opponent can't evade.

Examples:
SuperFlySwarm
RP (possibly preceeded by the fRP into RP fragment)
Combo starter

If you start your combo with RP, follow it up with LK, they can evade, but f*ck it, theyre with the back turned to you, and you can definitly a.LK them at the slightest attempt, also you get to start you combo with 4 heavys this way.

So: RP LK a.LK a.RK

Even better if you start with LK, since you (can) get:

LK a.LK a.RK RP LP RK

Something else you might find intresting is that acid spit does the damage of a heavy attack.

RK slide does a little damage more then LK Slide, however RK slide kills the combo, if you use LK slide before superslide you can still use a.fLK (for example) which makes the damage equal.

Endy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
(similarly to force with low agil/end pilots)

The best forces all use Walther.

... and you cannot evade after RP. If you do RP > a.flp > a.frp you can evade between the light hits. (This is what a lot of newbish mantises do, and it kinda looks like ur evading right after RP)

A good player would expect that and rape your stun bar with a RP slide or a superslide combo.
Endy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Something else you might find intresting is that acid spit does the damage of a heavy attack.

LP > acid > RK > RP works.

The way you have to press the keys so far ahead of time makes that entirely unadaptable to anytihng but a stun combo though.

So interesting, yes.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

actually

a.LK > acid > LP

Is more intresting IMHO, since a.LK is about as overpowered as RP Razz

Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Endy, please once again enlighten us, what is a RP Slide? In my understanding it can be one of two things, and I'm not sure what you mean.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: