OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

35-40 hit mantis combo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

im guessing he is meaning the Right Insect Strike

aka

Rk Slide

keys = f, f + rk

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

I've found most mantis players extremely easy to counter... prolly cause combo resets don't do much good hahah
ouch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Amateurs! lol j/k

actually you guys are makeing some mistakes that most newbie mantis players make. but I'll let you guys figure out what them are as that is the fun of playing omf.

oh heck I'll give you one on the house Smile never start a combo with rk.... ever. the AI will show you why, even a crappy player like norman will show you why it's a bad idea. and that's just one reason not to do it.

oh and just for bragging rights as long as were talking about mantis combos. I developed a new spinoff of my original combo that does more damage than ever, easier for me to execute on you and is harder to evade the first part. and still manages the 200+ damage you all have come to know and love Smile

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

if it does 200+ damage in mantis, its fragmented Smile (unless using an extremely high power pilot)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Endy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Amateurs! lol j/k

actually you guys are makeing some mistakes that most newbie mantis players make. but I'll let you guys figure out what them are as that is the fun of playing omf.

oh heck I'll give you one on the house Smile never start a combo with rk.... ever. the AI will show you why, even a crappy player like norman will show you why it's a bad idea. and that's just one reason not to do it.

oh and just for bragging rights as long as were talking about mantis combos. I developed a new spinoff of my original combo that does more damage than ever, easier for me to execute on you and is harder to evade the first part. and still manages the 200+ damage you all have come to know and love Smile

BEST MANTIS STARTER: f.LK > RP
The priority and speed is unbeatable and the hits are WAY too fast to be countered I love it.

Plus the physics of the move are fricking incredible, it pulls AWAY from them when it's warming up (like pyros RP) then it pushes the har forward MORE then it pulls bakc + RP pushes you forward too and is never beaten by any move.

f.lp > f.rp is also exceptional for confusing people
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Endy that snt by any means a great starter... fLK doesnt even have high priority.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

fLP fRP is frustrating. The fLP pokes pretty far and the fRP catches in a semicircle or more around Mantis. :ooo:
Vuen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Endy that snt by any means a great starter... fLK doesnt even have high priority.

Even so, the pullback part is extremely useful. It's also like Force lk, another excellent starter that is all too often looked over. I can't say for sure if Mantis flk is that good, but I can say that if it's anything like Force lk then it's gold.
IcoN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Lol, jesus. So much digging for what I already knew, heh.
I should have made one of those 'Mantis guides' in the same fashion that Endy made his Jaguar document, back in the day.
Ah well, time says otherwise. Sad

CPU: Athlon 3200 XP
RAM: 2048 Meg DDR 3200 DC
3D Accelerator: ASUS 6800 GT
Connection: Cable
Controller: Saitek P3000
--------------------
Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Endy, your combos all start with RK.

That's bad because you want to start your combos with heavy hits. RK is like two light hits.

Mantis only has 5 heavy hits (6 if you include Spit)... LK, RP, LP, ALK, and ARK.

You can significantly increase damage when you start with heavy attacks.

My combo for example...

LK, ARK, ALK, RP, LP, RK, FRK, AFRP, AFLP, (hold forward for a bit) ALP, Super Flies, FLK, FRP, FLP, LK Slide, Super Slide, Spit.

I'm pretty sure I could fit one more move in there. In fact, I shall do that now.

Edit:
Yeah it's 43 hits, 201 damage with Kegan vs. Training Bot.

After Adrenaline Rush.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

Personally i like starting with RP, since its good for facespamming and also easy to fragment into.

Example facespam: RP > RP > RP
Example fragment: a.LK > Left Spit > LP > RK > fRK > fLP > fRP *>* RP

(*>* = fragment)

Then:
RP LK a.LK *wait* a.RK LP RK

CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

lk a.rk wont work on all hars or when using low agil pilots.

I find the best combo start (on a non stunned opponent) is flp, rp, lk, a.lk, a.rk, a.l/rp, a.flp, a.frp, lp, rk, right insect strike/super slide.
Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

I have two main combos. I just thought we were showing off our highest damage combo.

On a non-stunned opponent, I use RP, LP, RK, FRK, AFRP, AFLP, ARK, ALK, AFLP, AFLP.

The AFLPs are there so they don't evade.

You can also fit in a Super Slide after RK, then do a FRK after the Slide and continue from there.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

thats much more impressive player, imo i cant think of anywhere thats evadeable at least till a.rk after that im not so sure and after extensive practice against my friend last nite (for about 2 hours on his server) i can say that rp - lk is truely a dreadful way to start a combo as opponent can evade after lk which means u have to a.lk to get to them and then a.fl/rp but if they have done a side evade you are more than likely to drop them after that.

anymove - rp - lk is even worse as 90% of the time lk wont connect as they can evade after the rp.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 35-40 hit mantis combo Reply with quote

no, if you use a backevade after the LK, any evade will be auto locked on to. and esspecially with a pilot that has over 50% speed, they can't evade (unless they have ~ 100% speed)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: