OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biohazard2k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I was a big fan of OMF 2097 in DOS years way back when and was excited to see last night there was a remake. So I downloaded it.

After I got it installed and running I couldn't see anything while in the game. There seems to be a problem with the Glow effect that is defaultly enabled. Whenever I go to start a game with the glow effect enabled the whole screen is white minus the menus. If I disable it the game runs fine.

Is this fixed in the retail version, or does it do the same thing there?

I noticed that some Radeon users with old Catalysts has a similar issue, but it was flashing.

I just updated the Nvidia Drivers today with the latest November 9th, 2004 drivers, and still it didn't fix the glow issue.

Here are my specs
Athlon 64 3200+ 1MB Cache
BFG Geforce 6800 GT 256 DDR3
1024 MB DDR3200 Ram
Windows XP PRO SP2
DirectX 9.0c

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so, is there a way to fix it?

BioHaz
mrsiezen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Just to make sure, you patched your game to build 2172?
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Quote:
So I downloaded it.

Downloaded the demo or full version?

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
biohazard2k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies...

1. I'm not by my computer now, but I believe it's the latest version as it looks for updates every time it starts up.

2. It's the demo version that I have, but I don't want to buy the full version if it's going to have the same problem

BioHaz
biohazard2k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Quote:
Just to make sure, you patched your game to build 2172?

Yes, 2172 is the demo version that I'm playing.

BioHaz
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

i believe spockmeat has the same graphics card, but as far as i know, he reported that it works fine on that card. :crazy:

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Perhaps it's the new DirectX 9.0C... haven't tested that out as of yet.. kinda busy playing HL2..

Electronic Gaming Machine
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

hrum... indeed it did work... however I just loaded up the game again to test it with the glow and it indeed does not work properly. Screen is all white just like the top poster reported, only happens with glow.

I actually have a 6800ultra OC. nVidia 66.93 drivers. DX 9.0c

wierd..... because I know I definitly did have glow on and working before. I'll bet nVidia changed something with the 66.xx series drivers that changes the way the glow effect works.

Blind patriotism
Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

I get this too with my new video card now, currently using the 71.84 zer0point drivers.

I think I'm doomed to have problems with glow, after it got fixed on my 9800 pro, it's now broken again with my new card.
SpaceGuppy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

I'm having the identical problem: the screen is almost all white when I have the glow turned on. When I turn it off, it's fine.

I have a nvidia 6600 GT (newest drivers), Windows XP (SP2), and DirectX 9.0c.
Bombermangba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

same here, I am using direct x 9.0c and using win64 and I have the white screen problem. I have the very latest nvidia drivers, what could be causing this prob?
FraceR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Honestly ? i think some bad code... I think there was a work around to solve problems with glow on radeon cards but it causes errors on the 6800 line of cards. I could of course be completely off, if so someone will probably correct me.
Bombermangba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

well I have the 6600 GT, so I don't think this is just stamped on the 6800. hopefully the omf team will bring out a patch that deals with the glow issue, what other nvidia cards are having the prob? is it just the nvidia geforece 6 cards, I'm usin PCIE, but I dunno if that'd have anything to do with this.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Nah, I have an AGP version of the 6600GT, and it does the same thing. If I remember correctly, the last few driver releases for the Radeon 9800 Pro caused the same problem as well, but it's been a long time since I last tried it on that card.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Glow problem with Geforce 6800 GT Reply with quote

Quote:
Nah, I have an AGP version of the 6600GT, and it does the same thing. If I remember correctly, the last few driver releases for the Radeon 9800 Pro caused the same problem as well, but it's been a long time since I last tried it on that card.

It was fixed a while ago for Radeon cards.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: