OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireFly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

this is a instructional training of everything I know for flying the FireFly flying way Very Happy

[color="red"]Glide Key Combinations:[/color]
[color="pink"]foward, forward + right punch (f,f+rp)[/color]
- start off going downwards
- harder to control a glide but faster mouvement

[color="pink"]foward, forward + left punch (f,f+lp)[/color]
- start off going upwards
- easier to control a glide but slower mouvement[/color]

ok, first start with a duck jump ('d' and 'f' on the keyboard at the same time (or the jump button a bit after the duck button)

once airbourne, wait till you reach the top of your jump, and press forward, forward+right punch as quickly as you can to begin a glide, then quickly hold the down button down for a short bit until you're going up at about 10-15 degree (not steep) incline

and that's it Very Happy, that's how to glide, now comes the hard part (only hard for the first while though, after a while it becomes alot easier).... how to stay gliding

the best way to practise is to be comfortable and try to know how slow you can be going before you break out of a glide, once you slow down enough from your glide, you have to go down hard and come up again at the right steepness (10-15 degrees) for as long as you can glide for, and then go down hard and come back up again (you can't go down hard after the first duck jump though)

if you go down hard and come up at the right steepness and glide for as long as you can, you fly higher each time.... but if you don't go down hard enough before you come up, or don't come up at the right steepness, or go down again too quickly, you'll still stay at about the same height each time

Gargoyle Flight Video Clip (to watch: unzip to the "data" folder where OMFBG is installed to, start the game, and click the replay button, you can also press 'Ctrl' + 'V' while in the video to bring up the video controls), the video doesn't describe it too well I wasn't good at flying then, you can go down harder and stay in a glide for longer and try to glide at slightly less steep angle than what's in the video as you practise more

Another short video I made: Force Vortex Flying Video, if you can fly with force vortex's too and NightShadow's in the same server, it's really fun, you can get a leap from the vortex and break into a glide and glide really fast
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Well i suggest you have Flamingmonkey go over the spelling errors, there's a few and honestly he's better at correcting them then me :p (you can start of with "movement" instead of "mouvement") (no i'm not trying to be a [filtered], but a guide, any guide, should be without typos or spelling errors.)

Few comments/additional info you may want to put, the f>f>lp will only set you off into a rising glide when you're on the ground, when you're in the air it will make your glide go straight forward (not up, not down).
The f>f>rp will make you go towards the ground when you're in the air. (the best way to start flight when using a duck+jump going into f>f>rp)

When on the ground f>f>lp indeed makes your flight/glide go upwards. And the f>f>rp will go straight (not up, not down).

And: If you're gliding but want to easily increase the height you're at use the f>f>lp. This way of flight is much less conveniant but works better for increasing your distance from the floor. Practicing can best be done on a team server in either desert or pharao's fire.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

The spelling is alright, he still gets his ideas across even if they're not perfectly typed.

In terms of flying, I usually use the LP one because it leaves me with more room for mistakes and rises me higher off the ground so that if I do make a mistake, I still might be able to correct myself quickly enough. Because of this, I recommend to anyone just beginning to fly to use the LP version until you have the technique down. (I suck at flying, by the way)
FireFly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Quote:
no i'm not trying to be a [filtered]

it's good to know this, I read your quarrel with Ghoul

for modifications.. it's not intended to be a guide on how to fly with gargoyle in general, it's me trying to train on how to fly this specific way.. the only type of feedback I'm looking for is if your following the exersises and it's not working, or you can't get it right

for spelling.. the way I spell is the way I sound things out, it's how I spell and like a signature trademark, you can always tell I write things by the way I spell and write them, regarding the correct spelling if this is for some reason important, mouvement is the Canadian spelling for movement, and I am Canadian
Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Quote:
for spelling.. the way I spell is the way I sound things out, it's how I spell and like a signature trademark, you can always tell I write things by the way I spell and write them, regarding the correct spelling if this is for some reason important, mouvement is the Canadian spelling for movement, and I am Canadian

Actually, mouvement is French spelling for movement. Wink

Fine guide, I only skimmed it though, since I already know how...
orange2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Justin says: mouvement is really movement?
Zelig says: In French?
Justin says: in English
Justin says: I thought they were the same
Justin says: Canadian spelling
Zelig says: I've never seen it that way.
Justin says: woops
Justin says: yup, mouvement is French only
Justin says: can I copy and paste this into the post?
Justin says: I'm going to make a new post and copy and paste this
Justin says: please?
Justin says: please
Zelig says: Alright, if you want.
Justin says: please with Zelig's on top
Justin says: ok Very Happy
Justin says: one sec

Legend:
Justin = FireFly
Zelig = Zelig
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

This is a picture of me taking a gargoyle to the end of the desert level. When I say end, I mean end.
http://www.epicrevival.net/special/garg-desertend.jpg

You can see in the far off distance the actual level.

edit: you people are pitiful. I got a pm complaining about the picture size in a thread that's had no replies in 3 days.

Scorpion Navy Issue
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Weak, dude. Get much further out, then look back, it's so much cooler. Oh, and get some height, so it's more of an above view if you want it to look really cool. Wink
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFly's Gargoyle Flight Training Reply with quote

Meh. I was playing around when I took that. About 40 minutes after I got my new video card. The tricky part is itīs hard to keep track of how high you are, so I try to get all my height around the main level, and THEN fly out.

Scorpion Navy Issue
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: