OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Force Stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

As Most people know the force is VERY underpowered, but still fun to use for it's originality

A Simple Fragment (2-3 Super Bars Required, Conditional)
Spawn lk > Spawn rk > Super Vortex > Spawn lp > Spawn rp > Super Firebomb as they start falling out of the vortex

A Great combo in LMS Matches with 4-10 players, as you will get massive amounts of energy from the vortex & some serious points from the SFB

Another:
Spawn lk > F.lk > F.lp (thrown) > lp meteor > Super Gravwell > (Rinse, Lather, Repeat)

the Vortice activates just after the meteor, sucking in the airborne enemy, the super gravwell oughta teach them not to mess with you Wink

Finally:
Spawn lp > lp (Throw) > fflk (Projectile shield) > Spawn rp > Rp (Throw) > bblp (meteor) > Super gravwell

/\ EVIL /\

Now We just need some swearing AI's & this will be complete Smile

(Note: these were made on the demo, as i await the arrival of my retail, i dont know if they will still work, Fast pilot Required)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Force really isn't all that underpowered, if at all.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Force really isn't all that underpowered, if at all.

2 words: SUPER VORTEX, its a [filtered] black hole, yet it only does ~90 Damage? [filtered]!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

How does 1 attack make a HAR underpowered, let alone an attack that has potential for infinite damage that can't be avoided once started.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Try 20 - 40 damage. That move is also useless when you're actually fighting people, not running away, and is more useless when you realise that you can get better damage out of Force's single-bar supers. It's annoying, sure, but it's not overpowered or devastating unless used with a convienient hazard.

In any case, it's just one move that's rarely used, and even more rarely used right. Force is not underpowered at all.

EDIT: And, after looking at your actual post... those aren't fragments, stop calling them fragments. They're just regular combos, and I use the word regular very loosely, because those are terrible combos, if they combo. Some of those don't, they just seem like a poor strategic setup and nothing else. If you want a passable combo, try this:

a.LP, fRK, LK, RP, LPMeteor, RK, j.fLK, a.fLP, a.fRP, LP, j.fRK, a.LK <-> a.RK, (Super) Gravity Well, fLK, fRP, fLP, Repulsor.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Try 20 - 40 damage. That move is also useless when you're actually fighting people, not running away, and is more useless when you realise that you can get better damage out of Force's single-bar supers. It's annoying, sure, but it's not overpowered or devastating unless used with a convienient hazard.

In any case, it's just one move that's rarely used, and even more rarely used right. Force is not underpowered at all.

thats how i use it: eg: Desert to throw people into the mines, but the fact that its the ONLY 2 sb super i know of and it's so freaking weak, makes it really bad to use, it's forces only true LONG range projectile, force is an awesome bot with awesome moves, but SOME could be loads better

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

While Force does seem the wizardly type, it should be noted that he still has some of the better melee fighting capabilities in the game. My point: Force isn't meant to have superior projectiles and weak up-close like he might at first seem to you. Stronger projectiles would just encourage cowardice and little more.

Besides, Black Hole is a very powerful move if used in the right circumstances. It's not a move that you should waste on a single distant foe, more like one you should use if the opportunity arises where there is a large group of foes fighting close to each other.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Also note that the super has no reason to be strong, it's force's 4th super, 2 of which are very strong/good, 1 very strong if hit up front.

Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

after messing with these a while i came up with this pair

Lets just say the training bot has a VERY nasty headache right now Wink

1 is an edited variation of the evil combo above, more powerful, and 2 is a stun muncher

1. Spawn lp > lp (Throw) > fflk (Projectile shield) > Spawn rp > Rp (Throw) > bblp (meteor) > Super gravwell > RP Meteor > j.flk > a.rk > f.rk > rp > flp > Super Meteor > Gravwell > lp Meteor

2. SGW > lp Meteor > rk Gravwell > rp Meteor > j.flk > a.rk > f.rk > rp > flp > frp > lk Gravwell

Both use the same melee combination that is quite effective at bouncing the ooponet

feel free to add/edit moves, i've only had the Demo about a week

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

*yawns* Really, it's all been done before, we just don't talk about it these days...
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
after messing with these a while i came up with this pair

Lets just say the training bot has a VERY nasty headache right now Wink

1 is an edited variation of the evil combo above, more powerful, and 2 is a stun muncher

1. Spawn lp > lp (Throw) > fflk (Projectile shield) > Spawn rp > Rp (Throw) > bblp (meteor) > Super gravwell > RP Meteor > j.flk > a.rk > f.rk > rp > flp > Super Meteor > Gravwell > lp Meteor

2. SGW > lp Meteor > rk Gravwell > rp Meteor > j.flk > a.rk > f.rk > rp > flp > frp > lk Gravwell

Both use the same melee combination that is quite effective at bouncing the ooponet

feel free to add/edit moves, i've only had the Demo about a week

sorry, but your combos dont work... enless your opponent is evading all the time... and i have no clue why you would use the projectile deflector...

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

The projectile deflector is almost more useless then Chronos fLP...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Force underpowered ahahaha that was a killer. I still have nightmares of backflipping forces and never-ending combos (ain't that right Ghoul , FM ? Mad )

Btw Happy Birthday Dzament Very Happy
Aero_blyctos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

I don't think force is that useless/weak.
His combos do nice damage afterall.
Maybe some people thinks he is weak, becouse of he is hard to learn. Some people think gargoyle is weak but he is very powerful when you learn to use that HAR. Maybe force is not hard to learn. (For me it is) :ooo:

I [color="red"] hate [/color] counter abusing.

[color="green"]'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`|[/color]
NightShadow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
The projectile deflector is almost more useless then Chronos fLP...

Useless? Somewhat, but not as much vs. Jags. I've got most Jag players trained to use the "useless" laser on me instead of the concussion cannon. Which kinda sucks for me, because now I have to be very careful when I get the urge to put up the deflector just before they start aiming a projectile at me, as it is no longer guaranteed to be either a cannon or a laser.

If there were more projectiles like the cannon, the deflector would be much more useful. That much more useful again if the re-aiming worked as the manual says it should.

If it wasn't for deflector, fighting Jags would be pure torture. Good Jag players are still one of my weaknesses, but hitting a Jag with their own super concussion cannon always makes up for that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: