OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Force Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discomb

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the difference between you and other theory fighters is that.... you know how to play. your good, your opinions mean something.

unlike those tards that suck. they base their crap on their crap skills.

Not necesarily. One can know all the evadeable places in the uniquest of combos, and suck really hard in game, obviously. However, this does not mean that they don't know where to evade.

no, they still cant do it, still lose and still open their scrubby mouth.

Percisely. They can't do it, but they still KNOW it, and can share with those who don't know but can.

yeah thats true, but id rather not have a tier list made by a [filtered] player.

dont know about you though

Lol, I'm not too good at actual fighting, and don't know a lot about the game mechanics either. I just like to experiment for fun, so my tier list is more or less worthless.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

oh no haha i didnt mean that. i meant would you prefer a tier list by someone whos somebody or someone whos.... crap?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

For the record, my tier list is...

Tier 1
Mantis - Gargoyle

Tier 2
Jaguar - Force - Warlord

Tier 3
Chronos - Pyros

Tier 4
Katana

But I'm probably bias against Pyros because I never use him.

Also, there's almost no distinction between Tier 2 and Tier 3.
Discomb

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Oh, I'd prefer a balance tier list of effectige playing from someone who has played all the HARs to their maximum potential. That means knowing their mechanics, and having a good in game feeling for their style. The absense of either of theese qualities kind of defeats the purpose, because someone who knows how HARs work might know nothing about real life application of this knowledge, and someone who may know how to kick butt may have no idea what the [filtered] he is really doing.

It comes down to math vs sports. Math knows what its doing. Sports has no idea but it works. The winner is physics, which applies math to sports Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Don't you dare say you've got pyros counters for the mantis !*[email protected]# you used to pull on me.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Oak60

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't you dare say you've got pyros counters for the mantis !*[email protected]# you used to pull on me.
I do..still do the bakcflip kick > all
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
I do..still do the bakcflip kick > all

nah, moves forward too fast, tried it.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Socrates

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Here's what i meant by theory fighter:

not someone who finds out strategies through practice analyizign and training, with the intent to kick [filtered] with them later. Like Player. That's just a player who's trying to improve.

I meant some tart who sits there and comse uop with theoretical situations tio argue with people even though eh dosent know [filtered] about OMF and has NOTHING to base his opinions on, nada nathan nothin, and admits he cant show his theories to be true in game. And has no intention of applying them to the game, only to the message board.

It just makes it worse when he says stuff thats not true in the process.

Anyway like i said to flamingmonkey on page #2, i only ranked chronos #5 one spot abouve Jaguar to start controversy and discussion since he was a lil underrated by theory fighters who buy into the whole "he doesnt have anything useful" propaganda, but like i said way back then, I never truly believed Chronos is more useful than Jaguar against the top bots. But Vuen seemed to ignore that important fact over and over just so he could keep going back to that old subject, and pretended i was trying to convince him chronos was the best. when in reality all i was doing was correcting stuff he said that was wrong about chronos.
Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Chronos is definately decent. You can't argue that it's a bad bot.
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

And by far the most fun to play!

We should aspire to be more like Chronos.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Player's idea of "theory fighter" seems to be "anyone who figures out his strategies before actually using them". While this does describe a certain type of player, it's not what everybody else means by the term.

I've always heard "playing theory fighter" as derogatory: somebody who analyzes and draws conclusions without actually playing the game to see if they work. There's an awful lot of that going around this board at the moment.

About tiers: Last time I checked, BG didn't have a rock-paper-scissors top tier, or even a semi-random top tier like 3rd Strike. It has bots that everybody knows are better than the rest (namely, Garg and Mantis). Unless a bot can at least pull off a couple wins versus the big boys, it'll never place well in a tournament, and thus it's low tier, even if it's fairly good against most of the cast.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Lol, this one is like 3 weeks late :smirk:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

thats robyrt for ya..

btw i didnt realize they nerfed red orbs AGAIN in 2172. they really suck now! So apologize to Strata earlier when i said red orbs shouldnt be caught, as theyre not as good as they once were. Another reason for me to hate 2172 Smile. Worst patch in OMF history!
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

I like Red orbs now. The range has been extended so that you can't counter them, true, but that means you get to hit people farther without danger to yourself. Isn't that worth anything? :confused:
Socrates

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

therse also the splash radius reduction. its easy to grab them now.

plus when they hit further away theyre less useful, period and im sure rob realized this. their biggest use aws stopping people from getting close (somethign chronos sorely needs against many bots), theyre not most useful when used to pound on people from a distance- thats simply an annoyance tactic as opposed to a survival one. now that they can no longer hit someone in the medium range, theyre less effective for keeping people out
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: