OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Force Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Oh. That's much worse. How come you didn't know about it, though?
Socrates

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

hehe, admittedly didnt really play mcuh after 2172. just played battlecast stuff mostly, and after that not at all. and i used force, and then Jaguar during battlecast (this doesnt show my lack of faith in chronos! i just beleived he wasnt suited for team play). so i guess i just never tried them much to realize =(
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
i just beleived he wasnt suited for team play

Pssh, you sure change your mind quickly for Laserball though. Smile

I thought they still exploded at close range so long as your target was close enough? I didn't really play against Chronos' much before 2172 though, so I don't have much of an idea of the difference between the 2. They seem to explode close enough to be effective, though.

Red orbs are still much more useful than Force's fireballs. Not that it really matters, but it's still a plus for the orbs. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Well Force's fireballs are almost useless, so there's no point to saying that. Wink

When they seek, they explode out of the blast radius, and the blast radius is smaller than the 'grab' radius. At least you can make them grab it so you handicap them. :crazy:
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Not necesarily. I spent a good deal of time a long time ago developing combos that included both firebals and vertices. I had one that included all four, or rather, five, because I used one vertex twice. Needless to say it didn't work in lag and was move evadeable then Garg's Super Glide.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Yeah, almost useless. If you are incredibly lucky, you can surprise someone enough for them to get hit by one. In combos, they are so little damage that they are basically useless, not to mention it adds a big, wide evade gap in your combo.

Vortices are on a whole 'nother level though. I'd say that they are very high up in the most useful projectiles list, although they are probably the most difficult to get the best use from.

Mantis' spiders are more along the lines of what Force's fireballs should of been, if the spiders or HARs were tweaked to be on more equal terms. If Force's fireballs behaved the same as the spiders, there would be no need for Force to do any kind of physical fighting. There'd be no chance of a single fighter getting in close to a determined Force with those things.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Socrates

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

mm, force bombs are ok. They're really just a crappy version of mantis spiders yea.

they arent really good for much but controlling space, which they do do ok
Dzament

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

well, i've been practicing a while now, and walther\force forces me to rank him middle tier, my rankings are now:

Mantis\garg
Force\pyros\katan\lord\jag
chronos

simply because after playing with chronos in just about every pilot, most of his moves simply do not hit unless the enemy is VERY close, and if he teles, it's all too easy to stop (eg: mantis lk, pyros Right spin, Warlord lp, katanas ffrk (Moves away and hits if they front tele) gargs glides, jag back leap (Short) + arp (hits 360 around, nailing the chronos in cooldown), etc.) and force can match pyros in melee combat, and if a pyros goes aerial, you can just toss an rk vortice, or super vortex, so hate me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Chronos is very good. He just takes more then 5 minutes to learn. In fact, I was only semi-competent after 3 weeks of intensive play. Not that I ever was good, but hey, I mixed that 43 hit combo :p

Katana is FAR worse.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

That and Super Teleport could be considered the best super in the game.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

i'd have to disagree, it can be blocked, has a warmup, and you can always Backevade when the sphere appears

Supers like Pyros SFB are better contenders, it can be glitched on a wall for mass hits & damage, hits THROUGH a block, and has almost no cooldown, and even if you dont throw, it will blow up and hurt everyone around you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

It's not as good for using as an initial attack, sure, but it works to catch people who evade out of combos. If someone tries to evade a chronos during its combo, they are likely to get caught by a super teleport, and will most likely end up stunned.

And Super Fire Ball does do the rolling against the wall, sure, but what will you do in a map like Desert? People dont usually fight near the pyramid, and you have to line up dead on, or the fireball will roll over the side.

Super Fire Ball is horrible for combos. I dont even know if you can do anything to link into a Super Fire Ball... Why? Because I havent bothered trying because it's so bad at comboing.

Sure, Super Fire Ball can go right through your block, but remember that game yesterday? I countered the fireball, giving me an attack, and leaving me unharmed. I can tell when to counter just by how loud the SFB is...

You shouldnt be throwing a super fireball while you're in the middle of a mob... If you're in a mob, Firespin would be more suitable. If you were about to be throwing one (outside of a mob), it would be unlikely for more than one person to go after you. You damage yourself as much as they damage you when the ball blows up. Also, people can shoot projectiles at you, making you take damage from both the projectile and the exploding fire ball...

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Well if you use Super Teleport stupidly of course it won't be as effective as SFB used smartly. Like, aduuuuuuuh.

Attack unsuspecting oponents in mid air, either comboing or being comboed. Also, mix it after RP for near unevadeable punishment (only the fastest pilots of 80% speed and up can evade it, and only in mantis + a.RK before i tracks on them). Also great in combination with Super TAC and buggs itself to attack oponents on the ground, where a counter won't do you any good. Then a.LK > a.LP into them (if they blocked) and continue your combo. gfg Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Quote:
Chronos is very good. He just takes more then 5 minutes to learn. In fact, I was only semi-competent after 3 weeks of intensive play. Not that I ever was good, but hey, I mixed that 43 hit combo :p

Katana is FAR worse.

actually cedes was the only one that learned him in a low amount of time.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Dzament

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: My Force Stuff Reply with quote

Leave it to discomb, of course it has a great plethora of uses, but so does f-evading over an opponet in katana EXPECTING them to turn, then using super rising blade when they try to attack your back

What i'm saying is, EVERY super has it's highpoints, and it's weaknesses, people say mantis's super spider sucks, not if you use it when they are almost stunned, so the ball stuns them, then ALL of the spiders hit them while they are stunned and you prepare to own them as they fall down from the blasts, in my book, there is no ONE best super, they are all best with the right circumstances
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: