OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar OT High damage combo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Why OT?
Not only does it go right through a block, it also goes right through a counter, however that's not everything, this attack is Jaguars most damaging single hit attack and can be fragmented/facespammed into without much trouble.

Pilot requirement
While i honestly havent seriously tried this with the slower pilots, on the few test runs i did do with slower pilots it was severely more difficult to get the combo working, so high aggility is a big pro.

General combo setup
Ofcourse we start with an overhead throw, after this the first few moves go as follows:
A.(f)Evade, a.LK, LK, *1, RK, LP

*1 = Walk a light bit forward.

Possible follow ups
A: j.fLK, a.fLP, a.fRP, a.LP, j.RP, a.fRK, a.RK
More might be added later

Problem
The problem is i still have an pletorea of attacks left that i'm not too sure of how and where to use, for example the concussion cannon, the fRP, and the other ground light attacks, even though those are quite easily addable at the end, the same goes for the leap and the BD.

Question
Can anyone help in further developing this combo? If so, how.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

The best i can make out of it thus far is:
j.OT, a.(f)Evade, a.LK, LK, RK, LP, j.fLK, a.fLP, a.fRP, a.LP, j.RP, a.fRK, a.RK, fLK, fLP, fRK, (LP)Leap, BeserkerDash.

But thats only 26 hits and doesnt have:
ConcussionCannon
fRP
RP

Now i'm pretty sure adding the concussion canon should be possible, and the fRP should be doable aswell, but quite honestly i cant find ways how to do it, if i could make the victom end up a little higher into the air after the last juggle, i should be abled to squeze in LCC followed by fRP > fLK, than fRK > fLP > leap, would be as good as i can imagine it, a.fRP sets the opponent slightly higher into the air, however thus far it seems to be required in the first part of the juggle.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Quote:
The best i can make out of it thus far is:
j.OT, a.(f)Evade, a.LK, LK, RK, LP, j.fLK, a.fLP, a.fRP, a.LP, j.RP, a.fRK, a.RK, fLK, fLP, fRK, (LP)Leap, BeserkerDash.

But thats only 26 hits and doesnt have:
ConcussionCannon
fRP
RP

Now i'm pretty sure adding the concussion canon should be possible, and the fRP should be doable aswell, but quite honestly i cant find ways how to do it, if i could make the victom end up a little higher into the air after the last juggle, i should be abled to squeze in LCC followed by fRP > fLK, than fRK > fLP > leap, would be as good as i can imagine it, a.fRP sets the opponent slightly higher into the air, however thus far it seems to be required in the first part of the juggle.

I dont know if you'd find this acceptable (dont know if you're trying to start exactly at OT), but RP, LCC, jOT works if you do it fast enough

and also, instead of fLK, fLP, fRK, this should work :

fLP, fRP, fLK, fRK

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

well that last thing definitly doesn't work, and seeing the purpose of the combo is largely to start with OT (for block and counter reasons), the RP LCC are prefered further down the combo :p, Thanks for the input though Very Happy

Update though:
By changing the juggle part i was abled to use the fLP fRP fLK fRK, so here's the new combo:
j.OT, a.(f)Evade, a.LK, LK, RK, LP, j.fLK, a.RK, a.LP, j.RP, a.fRK, a.fLP, a.fRP, fLP, fRP, fLK, fRK, (LP)Leap, BeserkerDash.

The only attack that should be add-able would be the concussion cannon, but thus far i haven't been succesful in doing that.

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Blah, i feel stupid for not finding this out earlier, however, but!

j.OT, a.(f)LK, LK, RK, LP, j.fLK, a.RK, a.LP, j.RP, a.fRK, a.fLP, a.fRP, (L)ConcussionCannon, fLP, fRP, fLK, fRK, (L)Leap, BeserkerDash.

Also when playing around with this, i accidentally managed to link 2 overhead throws together in 1 combo, SOMEHOW, i wasn't abled to reproduce this however i got 70 damage out of a 2 hit combo using velocity, and i'm pretty much sure i saw it happen. :shocked:

mrsiezen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Yeah, I did a combo with 2 OT's in it too once...Really now clue how though.

* Starts BG for some serious button mashing *
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
Aero_blyctos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

i always fail in that evade after OT it works 50% on me :/
And if evade works then A.LK fails x.x

Well here comes my frag with jaggy : A.LK > LK > RP > RK > LCC > J.F.RK > A.RK > F.RP > F.LP > LP > J.F.RK > A F.RP > A F.LP > A.LP > J.F.LK > A.LK > A.RK > Left leap > Berserker dash

I [color="red"] hate [/color] counter abusing.

[color="green"]'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`|[/color]
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Try using Velocity, i'v noticed this combo tends to be a real [filtered] about speed.

I'm guessing your's frags between fRP and fLP?

Aero_blyctos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

I don't remember for sure but its before or after LP :smirk:

I [color="red"] hate [/color] counter abusing.

[color="green"]'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`|[/color]
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

hey TUF, every time i try the jRP in your combo, it doesnt seem to hit... any suggestions?

Edit:
Nevermind, turns out that i was just being too efficient with the LK, step forward, RK, LP. It was sending the training HAR too high in the air

Laptop Bunny Stats
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

you only need to touch forward for a second, and it's deifnitly whiny about the right speed the pilot has.

Vuen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

I like it. That is hot. Unblockable fragments are crazy. I haven't played since september so I'm still pretty rusty, but it seems to work well. I was using Xante and could get the OT link to work pretty consistently.

For those of you having trouble, remember you can hold evade while double tapping, you don't have to double tap and then press evade. Hold evade as soon as you start the OT and start tapping madly forward; this will get you used to the timing for the evade. Once you get used to it, follow up with alk as soon as you can.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

It's esspecially nice cause you can do stuff like this right after a beserker dash (because most people still don't defend themselves from the BD evade), something like.

[Beserker dash ] Evade [ a.LK LK RP RK RP LCC j.fRK a.RK ] Jump [ Overhead throw > the combo ]

(putting every "fragment" of the combo into 1 bracket. As a matter of fact, i think i'll use that way of writing fragmented combos from now on.

Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Quote:
[a.LK LK RP RK RP LCC j.fRK a.RK]

doesnt work. You have 2 RP in it

Laptop Bunny Stats
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar OT High damage combo Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
[a.LK LK RP RK RP LCC j.fRK a.RK]

doesnt work. You have 2 RP in it

remove the second.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: