OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMF:BG Re-Release
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDRRE_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

You know, if DE's going to re-publish this game and make sure people will HEAR about it (*choke*ISRAEL*choke*), I believe it's going to sell a LOT more than it sold the last time. A few tweaks to the GUI and some fixes here an there and Viola!
Besides, when this game shipped the graphics were way too nextgen for most PCs back then. Today 3GHz computers with at least an FX 5200 are considered mainstream, and are rather cheap - meaning people won't abandon the game because it didn't work smoothly (like me when I had a Geforce 2 MX 400 until I got my new FX 5700).

Well, I really think this would work. All we need now is someone to start advertising like mad. Wink

P.S. No flaming, please. Smile
veryorkish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

Advertising is expensive.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

no one in the pc market is interested in bg in its current form.

it would have had some sort of success if it did.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Cyberman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

A re-release might have some success - but it would be a rather silent one, like suddenly appearing on the shelfs.
Iīm sure thereīd be demand, though I donīt know how much people would be willing to pay.

In any case, without mod-tools, or anything else to push it, make it more attractive, itīll probably fail again.
Ithon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

PSP?
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

Play Station Portable

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
Ithon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

it has problems, but it can play it I think. What's the specs? the cpu is good enough, how about the ram and diskspace?
emphy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

A re-release would, imho, have to include mod-tools.

Advertisement may not be that much of a problem, just include a benchmark mode and send it to all hardware review sites that you can think of.

The best thing that could happen to omf:bg, as an online game, would be getting it bundled with a (popular) graphics card. It would provide some cash breathing space for development, extra advertisement via hardware reviews of the card it's bundled with, and an influx of new players with little to no effort in getting the game in retail channels.

AMD athlon 64 2Ghz, 512mb DDR SDRAM, radeon 9700Pro, 128MB, cable modem, Logitech Wingman, Terratec DMX 6fire, ESI nEar05, win2k
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

Quote:

Advertisement may not be that much of a problem, just include a benchmark mode and send it to all hardware review sites that you can think of.

The best thing that could happen to omf:bg, as an online game, would be getting it bundled with a (popular) graphics card.

Neat ideas.
Another idea to consider would be a partial port to X-Box. Something that lets owners of BG create an X-Box disc with BG on it. IMO, thatīd would increase sales as well.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

right... except you can't create anything for any of the console systems without a Manufacturer supplied software development kit, and approval of the company to produce a game for their system. We're talking tens of thousands here. Ya it'd be nice if porting were that easy, but it isn't.

Blind patriotism
DDRRE_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

*choke*ROB!!!!*choke*
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

*stops strangling DDRRE_*
Dzament

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

* starts strangling DDRE_ again with a warlord "AND STAY DOWN THIS TIME!" *

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

Like said, if BG is to be re-released, it's going to need some way of getting very cheap advertising. The benchmark mode would work nicely. The mod tools are a must.

The same way we start these "What would you like to see in OMFBG?" threads, all of this stuff would have to be added. You know, improved on the fly bot adding, random pilot/har bot adding, arcade mode, custom character / color schemes, maybe even a "classic" mode like 2097 where there's only 1 button for kick / punch, and it's a 2d playing field.

And if we could ever get the tools *cough!* to get anything done on the OMF:Classic mod, I'd be happy to contribute anything I've created that to the game, I can see extra sales just so older gamers can run around with a old fashion Nova.

Scorpion Navy Issue
Alberto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: OMF:BG Re-Release Reply with quote

As a last thing, if it's going to be re-released, it should be translate in foreign languages.
I live in Spain and I never saw this game in stores, tho I was in the betatesting and I was able to test it.
The game should be translated into more languages even if it just has a few dialogues.
GeForce4 MX 440 TV Out
ASROCK K7S8X R3.0 SiS 746FX
Sound Blaster Live Digital 5.1
Windows XP Home SP2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: