OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unigine V0.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

:shocked: really it's that good? does it have HDR :shocked: oh it really could. Ahh pyros with the openGL effect I recently posted. *Drool*

I thought you were going to advertise it when it came out?
well your engine does need have it's own webpage. (when it comes out)
ahh I sound demanding, I was tring to show that I'm surpized that you Rob did'nt think to make a website for the phienix engine.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Man, I really need to get a site together for my engine Smile.

Rob, we will work collectively to build you a site as a sign of grattitude. I'm only an amature in graphics and in design, but I'll help. There are some very talented people on this board who would love to help with it.

PS: I'm playing Nexus now. The Black Sun engine is :shocked:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Link of Nexus? :p
Go on Rob! you should make lots of advertisements in order to take more people join us!
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Man, I really need to get a site together for my engine Smile.

Yes, you do. Smile
Rob Elam

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Yea, it supports HDR. I would like to have a site setup for it, I've been discussing it with some testers for some time. It's pretty close to the time to get this setup as well, got likely a month or two more of work and it'd have all the base features needed to make most game types. I could always use some help though, if there are experience web guys willing to do so.
Ithon

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
it'd have all the base features needed to make most game types

what can't make a text adventure game?
majonge?
space fighting simluator?
jet ski game?
hungry-hungry hippo ++?
dating sim?
anti-dating sim? :tongue2:

Well really, I'm insterested in what type of games it can't do, then finding a way in making them work for the engine. :thumbsup:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Yea, it supports HDR. I would like to have a site setup for it, I've been discussing it with some testers for some time. It's pretty close to the time to get this setup as well, got likely a month or two more of work and it'd have all the base features needed to make most game types. I could always use some help though, if there are experience web guys willing to do so.

Count me in.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Crystal Space == own.

You only like CrystalSpace because its used for Planescape :p
I reckon the best open source engine going around at the moment is Irrlicht

PlaneShift you demon!

Pfft whatever, they both start with Plane and contain an S.

Anyway yeah, CrystalSpace is pretty nice, but its renderer doesn't touch something like OGRE or Irrlicht.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Count me in.

X2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

if I knew openGL I would help with the engine and adding new stuff that would just come to be, like the fire and water with shader 3.0.
AquaRose

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

I'de be interested in helping Rob ^^
salem

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

At this moment Rob uses DirectX :p
Let's take some votes to make him translate OMF:BG to OpenGL? Very Happy
Linux users will have the ability (perhaps...) of playing it natively :p
Viper-Vision

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

He used to use opengl but he switched over to directx in the early beta stages. He might still has the opengl module or something. But I doubt it would still work :tongue2:
Rob Elam

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Cool, I'll have to figure out when I want to kick it off, but I was planning on building the site just with a template from templatemonster.com and keeping it as simple as possible. I'd also like one of those wikkis (or however you spell it) set up but I have no experience with any of that, and really don't want any Smile.

As far as the renderer, I have no interest in OpenGL, but it'd certainly be possible to write an OpenGL renderer. The old OpenGL stuff was poorly written and wouldn't do much good. Personally I do not believe the cross platform benifit is worth the effort it'd take, I think time is better spent on other things. Currently Direct3d is more powerful and easier to use, and the level of support it's getting almost assures that it will only get stronger.
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

yhea if he wants to make his engine sell he would need some "[color="white"]Razzle dazzle[/color]" openGL effects. Like the fire and watter effects I just showed on another post. Also it would be nice to see Non-power-of-2 mipmapping http://developer.nvidia.com/object/np2_mipmapping.html.
unless it's well really hard to get the mipmapping to work, then I don't care about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: