OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unigine V0.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Just ran the Site demo (256MB version), and was quite impressed... even managed some decent framerates with it, which was an unexpected surprise considering all that was going on (about 25-45 FPS at 1024x768 with 16xAF). Needless to say, that was a pleasant realization...

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
salem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

I moved the sliders, but they only moved the arms, i couldn't manage to do more :p
And i'm using the latest drivers on the nvidia webpage.

I also ran the Site demo of 256mb and was quite cool!
DieselUnigine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
I moved the sliders, but they only moved the arms, i couldn't manage to do more :p

Well, that's all =) 'Robots' is just a technodemo showing joints, gui controls and viewports.

Quote:
I also ran the Site demo of 256mb and was quite cool!

We are happy that you like it Cool
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

I wonder if the Unigine team has thought of making a jetski demo like the one for the car? Then have a level with some jumps that send you high enough to dive into the water and come up, would be better eye candy then just sinking barrels.
Still without a boat or jetski it's cool.

Another question (which is really a question then an idea), is that what is team Unigine's take on the next gen consoles?

Oh for KR, did you try the demo in linux or just windows?
I wonder which OS runs Unigine faster, just for kicks.
DieselUnigine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

We are making a new playable demo for Unigine, it will be available to the v0.4 release, I suppose. May be a little bit sooner.

Consoles market aren't available for us for the moment because of very high SDK prices.

Unigine speed depends mostly on video driver quality, not OS.
Rob Elam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Definately seems to be a pretty clean looking engine, nice work. I'd recommend getting a good "game" demo going, the rendering elements look solid though.
killer_roach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Unigine speed depends mostly on video driver quality, not OS.

So to answer your question, Ithon, I think it would run much faster on Windows, as Linux video drivers are crap. And yes, I ran them on Windows (Vista beta, to be exact).

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ithon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

I tested out the sky demo and it was slow on oen hand, but it didn't crash which is very good.

I hope Unigine will have a big surprize in 0.4 :biggrin2:
salem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

I'll try it on Linux when i have time, i'll keep you posted :p
DieselUnigine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

Unigine runs a little bit faster under Linux with NVIDIA boards. ATI drivers for Linux are not so good.
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

hmm, I think I've found a memory leak in the Uningine: my hard drive just reported low free space after the demo locked up.

Physics simulation.

I'd love to try and throw togeather some demos of what the DE engine uses. Unfortunately, I'd have to learn how it works first...

I'd like to think I'm pretty good at pulling crazy stunts out of that kind of thing. I have a volumetric particle system in Werkkzeug 1.(what this means: shadable, lightable clouds, in realtime. Video cards don't like it, though.)

Also pulled a fairly realistic water with ripples effect, though I can't access the features required to make that truly good-looking.
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

unigine has a support forum here. It's been usefull for me. :thumbsup:
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

actually, I can make it crash pretty effortlessly. I don't plan on utilizing it for anything.
Ithon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Unigine V0.3 Reply with quote

oh 0.4 is giving out it's preorder.
http://unigine.com/products/unigine_v0.4/
it's not released yet, but they released a beta demo on the unigine forums.
http://unigine.com/support/forum/?action=msgs&topic=746
beta demo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: