OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Mantis Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socrates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

well if its based off how YOU PERSONALLY did against them.. then how is it you are higher than me seeing as how my lifetime record against you is like 100-10? CHISELER
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

I wouldn't call myself top 5, not by a long shot. But I did have *huge* problems against Jaguars, which is why most Jaguar players (Xar, Endy, etc) would flat out say I suck balls. I played well against the other HARs though. Maybe if the game would let me install it, I'd get back into it and learn a thing or two about fighting Jaguars Smile

Anyway Nightshadow and FM were better at Force than I was.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
well if its based off how YOU PERSONALLY did against them.. then how is it you are higher than me seeing as how my lifetime record against you is like 100-10? CHISELER

Anwser: It's part based on personal experience, not fully.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Aero_blyctos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Lol, if thats supposed to be in order of most effectively palyed HARs with their players like you say that list is sooo whack. Jaguar and Mantis were played the best by faaaaaaaaaar, the Force players above fuggin XARONTH? PLZ!

Maybe a bit whack, but players and nightshadows Force have given me harder fights (in any HAR i played) than Jaguars have, which doesn't mean Xaronths jag didnt own me, he did :p

as for the games 5 best players ever?
Saiyaman Vuen Xaronth Muska Meowbeast, i reckon those would be the best 5.

I have fought only meowbeast of those and he is/was evil with pyros :sweat2:
Isn't Player in top 5? I always thought that he was the BEST :p (Many people told that to me)

I [color="red"] hate [/color] counter abusing.

[color="green"]'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`|[/color]
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Player is top 5, i missed him for some obscure reason, and for an even weirder reason vuen ended up in it, he's no where near.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

I'm not good anymore guys. Sad
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

dont worry, this was back when prime bg was played, like pre/post bc2.

ive played you a lot vuen, more than those 6 rounds. you just didnt know, i was smuuuuurrrf.

edit: btw mag that sig is funny, from the tc hero right?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Socrates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
and for an even weirder reason vuen ended up in it, he's no where near.

Heh, I was wondering if that was a mistake, a joke, or just trolling Smile
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
and for an even weirder reason vuen ended up in it, he's no where near.

Heh, I was wondering if that was a mistake, a joke, or just trolling Smile

There's funner ways to troll :thumbsup:

Aero_blyctos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

Well... Atleast you have been better then many players and you could still beat me, all other new players around and some older players for sure. :smirk:)

I [color="red"] hate [/color] counter abusing.

[color="green"]'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`'*-._.-*'`|[/color]
Socrates

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

ive played you a lot vuen, more than those 6 rounds. you just didnt know, i was smuuuuurrrf.

[filtered] that was your perfect opportunity to reveal the CrutchMOnkey incident.. but you screwed up. So I'll do it for you.

The setting of our story: Xaronth has just defeated Vuen in a game of OMF:BG, after months of talking crap.
Vuen: You're not that good, I've played way better Jaguars
Xaronth: like who?
Vuen: CrutchMonkey

editor's note: CrutchMonkey is one of XAR'S aliases!

I am not responsible for any misquotes. I'm going off ancient 3rd party information here. And no offense Vuen, i just always found that a riot.
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Haha yeah, I figured it was you Xar. I played CrutchMonkey when I was very new to the game, which is why you seemed so good. Keep in mind that much of the time you played me was in my very early days at the game, when I really had no idea about the game; I started much later than everyone and I'd improved a lot past when people thought I sucked. CrutchMonkey was basically the first player I'd ever played online, so it's a given that he'd think I suck. I don't think I was really given the opportunity to improve; people played me when I was new and decided I sucked, and that was that, I'm branded a terrible player forever.

The thing that frustrated me the most about when you played as CrutchMonkey is I'd ask you questions like 'Wow how'd you do that combo?' and you'd flat out ignore me.

This is why I want to play Oak at MVC Mag. You both think (or thought) I was a [filtered] player at MVC, and I'm stuck with that impression no matter how much I improve. Would I be overstepping my bounds if I said I impressed you when I played you yesterday?
Socrates

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:
You both think (or thought) I was a [filtered] player at MVC, and I'm stuck with that impression no matter how much I improve. Would I be overstepping my bounds if I said I impressed you when I played you yesterday?

I don't know. At first I was. I was like wow, he's improved. I was getting rushed down like no tomorrow by your strider/wolvie/psylocke and couldnt block it. I was really tired though. I didn't know if it was affecting me or not when we were playing. But then I played a warcraft III game right after taht, and lost to this REAAAL retarded Dreadlord+Ghoul player that i KNOW FOR A FACT wouldnt have touched me if i were awake. so that was when I knew I was too tired to play anything. My reaction times were way doped up. Your rsuhdown seemed to be much faster and less predictable though, so I'm sure you improved but i dunno by how much now cause that WC3 game put it into perspective how retarded i was last night.

For some reason I was still playing OMF:BG well though, out of the 3 games i played. Guess it reinforces what I've always said about it being an easy game heh

Quote:
I don't think I was really given the opportunity to improve; people played me when I was new and decided I sucked, and that was that, I'm branded a terrible player forever.

Heh, I remember I playd you before I knew you from forums. Thats only time i ever lpayed you, and it was on demo. I think you were REALLY REALLY new then. I didnt wanna slaughter all the newbies, so i was just running around having fun with vortexes. Then you called me out and told me to stop being a pussy. So i was like alright and gave you the beating of your life :thumbsup:
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember that. That was before I even bought the game. I had the demo for a few weeks before I bought it, and I played Jaguar at the time. I was really, really new, heh.

I don't have a computer right now, since I bought a bunch of parts for a new one and haven't built it yet, but afterwards we should get an MVC rotation going with Oak, I think it'd be a lot of fun (and I really want to watch Oak squirm).
Xaronth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

The thing that frustrated me the most about when you played as CrutchMonkey is I'd ask you questions like 'Wow how'd you do that combo?' and you'd flat out ignore me.

haha i did give you advice i pulled a fox quote. what was it it was like "not my job to teach your job to learn" or something.

you guys are still playing marvel? [filtered] i got bored out of that all those [filtered] marathons with oak. mag you like garou yet or what, quit being a bad influence on vuen and show him cap/snk. and steal your sisters xbox for some 3s.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: