OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Mantis Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Lol... teleports should not be used in a serious game...
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Even when your enemy can't see you (through pillars and such)? Because unless they're viewing the action in wireframe mode, they'll have a hard time guessing which tele you've used.
Socrates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

RANDOM teleports shouldnt be used, but theyre not completely useless. there are a few tricks or situations where you'd use them knowing they'd hit. Although i will say that my main strategy against most Chronos plyers is to wait for their random super teleport, block it, and kill them.
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

Quote:

Untrue

1) My 43 hit combo uses both teleports, and they are excellent at picking up other peoples combos or knocking them away.

2) There are some clever strategies that most people just don't use. Hit an oponent far away. Do backward telekick. By the time he gets up and turns around to face you, you will already be behind him and he won't have a clue. Works 90% of the time and annoys the [filtered] out of anybody.

3) There are some clever exploits. I showed mag one where you can throw a TAC after a back telekick in a way that will almost always hit no matter what. It hits right at the moment when the oponent stands up and the invincibility time elapses. Best he can do is crouch to catch it, but his back will be towards you so he won't see anyway.

4) They are just so [filtered] cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I generalized.

For the nitpicky, let me rephrase: You better have a dam good excuse to use teleports in a serious game.
BreathFirst

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Mantis Questions Reply with quote

AAAAHH!!!

I have to start playing this game again...I just realized how challenging and fun it was. I stopped playing for awhile because it was hard as [filtered] for me to learn all the bots/combos/etc...it was just too much at once.

I pretty much suck at fighting games (or just games in general), so I usually play this game on and off. I own this game for more than a year now and I still haven't beat it. Gargoyle Masters is ridiculously hard and I can't even get past Spike. Sad Sad

But I'm gonna start practicing for real now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: