OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FelixKatz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

I used to fly down to Florida occasionally. Then when money got tighter I would drive down. Money got even tighter so it's been a couple years since I've been down there but I can still mail an occasional box of stuff to Kevin and his kids. So the last box I sent down had socks. Several years ago Kevin's mother told me that Kevin had large feet and it was hard to find socks for him. If I saw any large socks I should send them down. I was at the Army/Navy surplus store last month where I saw some large socks so they were sent to Kevin.

As I understand it, there's been a lot of construction in Panama City Beach. I suppose the new bridge is finished. The area around the DE office was not very crowded the last time I was there - I wonder what the environment looks like now.
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Long time Felix.

I wouldn't have guessed that members of DE would require donations :crazy: or at least it sounds like it. Kinda like charity the way you put it.
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Naah, Felix's just that cool! wb man!
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

I knew it, Kevin really is horribly deformed! Or at least we can all keep pretending he is.... did you ever lose your sight Felix after looking at Kevin's face?

Blind patriotism
FelixKatz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

According to Kevin's mom, the largest size socks are never in stores (I don't see large socks very often). When I was at the outlet mall a couple years back I got my socks and a bunch for Kevin at the Gold Yoe store.

It's actually more fun getting stuff for the kids. The local motercycle shop has a clearance rack so I got some cool shirts for the boys with padded elbows recently. The dollar store had some small orange cones (minature versions of what we see in construction areas) that the boys can ride their bikes around. Last year I got a page of postage stamps made with the boy's photograph on the stamps. (I also have stamps for my cats).
FraceR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Quote:
(I also have stamps for my cats).

Didn't know sending animals through the postal service was legal.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

It's actually very fun what Felix does.

He routinely spends more money shipping the box, than he spent on the total contents of the box.

If you think about it, it is a great thing to do for friends. He's not breaking his bank by any means, but he is constantly sending little reminders that he is thinking of us. It's fun. Always entertaining to see what in one of the boxes and think, "Not what the heck does he intend this contraption to be used for."

My feet are not abnormaly large. The rest of me is just sized for a differant human foot. When "they" put my feet on, they only had two sizes, one in mens and one in toddler girls. With my current body mass the toddler girl feet meant I would not be able to stand still at any point. I would have to keep moving in order to perpetuate continual falling otherwise I would topple over.

With the large mens size feet I have a firm planting to resist projectile and kinetic energy attacks.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Doesn't that make you ticklish ?

(Felix will now be executed for waking the great evil)
FelixKatz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

If you look at Kevin's photograph, you will see that he has some decent height. So long feet go appropriately with the rest of him (OOPS, you can't look at Kevin's photograph).

It gets harder all the time to find things for the boys for two reasons:
1) Over time, I've sent all the things that I can find at the dollar store, all the stickers and other things.
2) As they get older, some of the stuff is less likely to be of interest.
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Quote:
It gets harder all the time to find things for the boys for two reasons:
1) Over time, I've sent all the things that I can find at the dollar store, all the stickers and other things.
2) As they get older, some of the stuff is less likely to be of interest.

Age and cost-of-hobby carry a mutually inclusive increase, however one is logarithmic. (sp)

Scorpion Navy Issue
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Quote:

With the large mens size feet I have a firm planting to resist projectile and kinetic energy attacks.

At the cost of [not] being able to dance.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FelixKatz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Another box has been sent to Panama City Beach. One of Kevin's kids has a birthday. Occasionally the dollar store has some new items that might be interesting for the kids. They have small woden models that come with about a dozen pieces of pre-cut wood, some glue, and a few colors of paint. These are really basic but an appropriate skill level for the short attention span kids have. It's nice for the kids to have a few things that they had a part in creating, not just aquired.
The box also includes some shirts, puzzles, super hero coloring books, some small motorized toys, and batteries.

With all the hurricanes I think instead of sending batteries I should send a generator. Come to think of it, I guess the people in Florida have gotten plenty of use from the Y2K generators.
crazyaxemaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

I've seen the face of madness and it's name was Kevin Byrd.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Says the crazy axe maniac.
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Happenings in PCB and personal info about Kevin Reply with quote

Quote:
Says the crazy axe maniac.

Yup, but only CAM and Robyrt actually ever witnessed Kevin Byrd.

Oh yeah and WB CAM! geez, what alternative dimention you got lost in this time ? took you ages to find the way back mate !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: