OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd probably leave Chronos alone in the 3rd tier, and put Katana in a new 4th tier.

Signed. Some chronos players are very good and chronos has a few moves that can be abused whereas katana has almost nothing except for rolling blade > rising blade.

There was still a few good katana plaers though. Epiphany and Meo pulled it off.

Warlord is definitley top tier though.
Way too many unblockable attacks make him as agressive as mantis. His ability to force openings is extremely high.

I would also argue that gargoyle is middle tier because his high damage is offset by a difficulty in actually starting combos. Gargoyle is more like jaguar than he is like mantis. Lots of damage potential but needs obvious openings whereas mantis has low damage potential and forces openings with spam.

Best:
Warlord
Mantis

Both have the ability to force openings rather than wait for the opponent to make a mistake to attack. Both capable of high damage (though warlord does it with short powerful combos and mantis does it with long and unevadable combos).

Average:
Pyros
Gargoyle
Force
Jaguar

Rely on openings to attack. All capable of high damage. Pyros and Garg are slightly better than Force and Jaguar (Pyros because of his armor and gargoyle because he can fly) but not in a significantly unbalancing way.

Below Average:
Chronos

Has 2 combo starters but lacks ability to pour on damage when opponet makes mistakes. Low armor sals this HARs fate. He can't kill them fast, and he cand hold up under fire.

Unfinished:
Katana

Low Damage + Low Armor + Poor Combo Starters = [filtered] were they thinking?
Wastelander5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Whilst the tier list is generally acceptable, there are plenty of exceptions with players. Me, for instance, am highly skilled with Jaguar. The choice of pilots can be overlooked also.

Back on topic... I'd say move on to a different event, or attempt new strategies. Or just tune the difficulty down.

And yes, I was playing against real players today, despite the lack of said quantity. It was my first time online. Very Happy
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
It was my first time online. Very Happy
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
It was my first time online. Very Happy

OMG Vuen fought you? Vuen still plays??? I gotta fire the game up ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Endy, you couldn't be much more wrong. Gargoyle has LP, which makes him the best HAR in the game. (yes, just that 1 move is all he needs for it) The deal with gargoyle is this. He has 0 bad match ups in the game, not even one, no force is not a bad match-up for gargoyle, he really hardly depends on being in air.

Lets say it's like this:
Garvoyle vs Mantis: Gargoyle advantage + 1.5
Gargoyle vs Pyros: Gargoyle advantage + 0.5
Gargoyle vs Warlord: Gargoyle advantage + 2
Gargoyle vs Jaguar: Gargoyle advantage + 0.5
Gargoyle vs Force: Gargoyle advantage + 0.5
Gargoyle vs Chronos: Gargoyle advantage + 2
Gargoyle vs Katana: Gargoyle advantage + 2.5

Now the advantage he gets to most HARs is pretty slim, unlike mantis' getting advantages against pyros' of +3.5 or so, but the fact that Gargoyle simply has no match ups where a player of his skill in another HAR would beat him sets gargoyle on top.

(He's probally go bottom of middle tier if he didnt have his LP though)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with that. LP is quite the killer. The only move that competes is Warlord's LP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

It beats warlords LP easily, highest priority, immense range, high damage, no cooldown, no warmup. Sure it may not have the 360 degrees aspect, but any decent fighter hardly needs that aspect anyway.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

The range is longer then the animation suggests but still shorter then warlord's LP range IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Warlord's LP has weaknesses. Gargoyle's LP doesn't. It also lacks the weakness of having a hitbox that matches its animation.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

But Warlord can't be approached from behind in massive fights, and his LP racks up demolition points like a... something indescribable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

That's nice. In a real LMS fight, though, people actually value their lives enough not to be so reckless and have the time to be more cautious. So Warlord can attack from behind. It's a nice perk for a slow [filtered].
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
But Warlord can't be approached from behind in massive fights, and his LP racks up demolition points like a... something indescribable.

Gargoyle has his side screams that defend from attacks from behind.

Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

With warmup, not to mention a harder and longer to press key combo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

what warm up? what harder to press? You press side and your press punch, doesn't get much easier. Oh, i was refering to his side attack, which equal sidescream - warm up - cooldown.

Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

oh those. Well yea they have back range but we were discussing LP vs LP not HAR vs HAR. I still think Warlord's is more godly then Gargoyle's but whatever.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: