OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was my first time online. Very Happy

OMG Vuen fought you? Vuen still plays??? I gotta fire the game up ASAP.

Uhh, no... I was just pointing out the fact that he's discussing the tier list after his first time being online.
Wastelander5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

I ain't discussing it, I'm simply saying there's exceptions.

Which may or may not be irrelevant to say, but I felt like it.
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
Endy, you couldn't be much more wrong. Gargoyle has LP, which makes him the best HAR in the game.

Mantis and Warlord have combo opening moves that cannot be defeated with simple turtle tactics thus giving them a natural advantage versus all HARS.

All gargoyle, jaguar, force and pyros rely on solid high damage combos and defensive turtling tactics to win.

Chronos has several nice openers but his moves don't flow well and his armor is too low. To combo with him well takes weeks of practice and the final result is still gimp.

Katanas only saving grace is counter combos and the fact that is will bug out of most opponents combos after a few hits because of it's odd shape. That still barely gives it a fighting chance. Katana is buggy and unfinished.

Granted some HAR's are individually weak to other hars. Like Warlord is weak to jaguar and jaguar is weak to mantis for example. So mabye the argument exsists that Gargole has no natural weakness but that was not how I was structuring my heirarchy.
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Quote:
With warmup, not to mention a harder and longer to press key combo.

I also was not comparing difficulty of execution because it is irrelevant.

A Jaguar LK > RK slide (Where a jaguar player presses forward then releases it and immediatley presses LK > RK and slides forward through the whole move into the opponent) is one of the most difficult move timings to do. Yet any good jaguar player can do this on command to blocklock and stun an opponent.

It is part of the backbone of jaguars strategy (Total defensive turtling + LK stun slide on openings + suprise a.FRK at random hoping to catch opponent in a warmup frame)

Other hars (mantis, force and gargoyle come to mind) can preform heavy stunlocking spam combos without relying on intricate keypress timings.

The timing required to execute a move does NOT change the tier though. It simply means the HAR requires more skill and practice to play effectively.

The ultimate capability of the HAR remains unchanged.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Just try it out Endy, gargoyle LP is a better move than mantis RP.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

But no thrust.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

You can walk, its very easy Wink

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

But no thrust, AND with pushback. No good for stunlock.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

you have no idea how good of a stunlock it is.

Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Probably :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Gargoyle can chain any of his heavies after one another. That includes LK, his main thrust move.
Code:
do
  LK
  LP
 loop
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

But thats counterable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

*sigh*

Code:
do
 LP
 (randomized pause)
 LK
 (randomized pause)
 loop

:sweat2:
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

Try this instead:
LP LP walk(while they're in the block animation) LP LP walk.

Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ultimate Warrior - Aggressive Debate Reply with quote

OMG thats retarded but I can so see it working :p
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: