OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ctr Alt Del...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veryorkish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Doesn't do anything on my computer anymore, and I'm a bit suspisious. Is there a way I can get my ctr alt del back?
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

That does sound suspicious. Clever spyware? Try running Ad-Aware, see if that helps at all. I'm guessing you'd have restarted the computer by now, just to check if it's a Windows fluke?
Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

You could try ctrl+alt+del in safe mode or ctrl+shift+escape for just the task manager.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

It ended up being a virus, go figure...
AquaRose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Gotta love viruses that screw with ones computer, I had one that wouldn't let me use my tab key without all my windows closing. :sweat2:
X-BoT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Quote:

Strange... according to Microsoft, only Windows (and nothing but the Windows OS itself) can read a Ctrl+Alt+Del. Which would mean the virus would either somehow intercept it before the delete was pressed, or Microsoft is lying...

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Or, Microsoft MADE the virus! :shocked:
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Or Windows IS the virus.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Strange... according to Microsoft, only Windows (and nothing but the Windows OS itself) can read a Ctrl+Alt+Del. Which would mean the virus would either somehow intercept it before the delete was pressed, or Microsoft is lying...

Software can capture and stop keystrokes, or change the featue of a key into nothing, also think about other keysettings and how easile you could just *disable* a key on the keyboard.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

what I don't understand is that I have never been hit with a virus, and almost never find more than 6 pieces of spyware on my computer, AND have never been hacked, despite the carelessness of my online habits and the fact that I'm generally downloading vast amounts of data for the larger part of the day.

my mom got an annoying virus once that made her icons flee from the cursor.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

:shocked: He lives!

Yeah, same thing for me, I've never had a virus or spyware problem. *knocks on wood*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

I've had 3 or 4 viruses but I always remove them by hand. Never more then 10 peices of spyware, and I don't use firewalls/antivirus stuffs.
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Haven't had any spyware, no hacks, and no virus since the good old chernobyl back in the friggin stoneages (1998 iirc), and of corse good old HOOZE 513 anti exe virus back in 1996.
nexxyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Still doesn't keep you from just removing the binding of that input or from modifying the taskmgr to just not start up...
2097 Posts on 18:56 June 15th 2003
My specs
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ctr Alt Del... Reply with quote

Uhm, i thought CTRL+ALT+DEL was also upports hardware ? wince you can use it to reboot even from bios and any other OS as well. and that windows (and linux) only sort of snapped up the command to somewhat overruled it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: