OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Hardware do you Game On?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Interested to see what the community is gaming with these days.

Alrighty guys. None of this information is correlated against you specifically unless you post a comment about it. You guys are welcome to post your specs for your PRIMARY gaming machine to this thread. Please try to keep them organized a little bit so they are readable.

Ive put together a poll, kinda like to see how it turns out. You wont be able to see the results unless you put in your information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ithon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

cool a polll, I've been waiting for something like this in a while.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

my specs are in my sig, they should be up to date i think.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Oh, man, Wayne. I don't think that your range of video cards goes low enough. I was looking for the "so crappy I found this in a cereal box" option but couldn't find it. If you want an accurate impression, "something else" doesn't cut it. Needs to have "something else (good, though)" and "something else (load of trash)".
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Haha, intel cards eh?

Great poll btw. I have three machines but I put down the specs of my main gaming monster. Thing is though, its got a Radeon 9800 XT and an FX5500 for a triple monitor setup. I put down the 9800 as it is far better, but nonetheless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

My only concerns with the poll:

1) It doesn't have an option for nVidia 7-series cards (although I doubt anybody here has one)

2) I would have an "Other Windows" category for Windows x64, Windows Server 2003, and Longhorn Beta...

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Well, i ansvered as good as i could. considering most of the time my things are to old to be listed correctlly.

AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.5ghz)
256 MB DDR ram
ATI All in wonder, AGP 8mb ram, Rage: Pro
Windows 98SE/Windows2K (usually dual, since i need both for various programs and games.)

Okie i removed the Radeon, as i use that in my 133mhz puter so i can play Wipeout 2097. these are my current "big" gaming machine. though basically its a duster, while i use my portable for internet and my 133mhz for games anyways.
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Quote:
My only concerns with the poll:

1) It doesn't have an option for nVidia 7-series cards (although I doubt anybody here has one)

They are so new that I would be VERY surprised were ANYONE in the community to have them Smile

Quote:

2) I would have an "Other Windows" category for Windows x64, Windows Server 2003, and Longhorn Beta...

If you are running vista, its not a released OS so its not listed.

Your copy of Server 2003 is likely not legit and frankly isnt that great of a gaming platform (afterall its server). That having been said, I actually run a PC with a legal copy of server2003 which I use as a staging platform for testing stuff for work. But I dont game on it. Didnt figure it was worth listing.

And as for listing x64 as "else" its kind of the whole reason for thos poll. Of those using 64bit compatible processors, its amazing how few are actually using it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rob2687

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

478 P4 3ghz
512 ddr
geforce fx5600
XP Pro

I have an x800gt with an x850 core sitting in my closet and no PC to put it in yet Sad
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

I will have my 7 series within this month.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
cimics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

768 MB RAM (said 512 because there was no category). Of course types of RAM might be important too. DDR-266 in my case.
Endy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Wayne. Tell me how to make a poll thing like that. Seriously now I'm jealous.
That would have been awsome for THIS

Motherboard:
- Gigabyte GA-7DX+
- Athlon XP 2600+
- 768 MB PC-2100

Storage:
- Adaptec DVD burner
- 350GB Total HD Storage (100GB + 250GB)

Peripherals:
- Radeon 9800 Pro
- SB Live Gamer

She aint the fastest and sure as [filtered] aint the prettiest... but it gets the job done. :smirk:
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Its amazing how many people have a 64-bit-capable processor and dont use 64Bit windows. Although after installing it myself and limping along on it for a few days I have to say I certainly understand why.
killer_roach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Tried it... were it not for the campus networking having issues with it, I would still be using it as my primary operating system. Sadly, the version of Vista I'm beta-testing is the 32-bit version, though...

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

actually Wayne, my main system here is a legit version of win2k3 server which I tweaked back to essentially being XP with additions Smile

Beyond that you don't have a Linux category! Blasphemony! I can't spel!

Although I use 2k3 on this system, my main use is gentoo compiled for my athlon64. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Doom 3, HL2, all work just fine for me in Linux, so there's no need to give myself a headach with winblows Smile :thumbsup:

Blind patriotism
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: