OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Hardware do you Game On?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xinthos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Quote:
Sadly, the version of Vista I'm beta-testing is the 32-bit version, though...

Am I the only one who noticed that Roach said this?

Well? How many beans can you spill on the subject? Is it a decent OS? Or will we all be sticking to XP pro for awhile (For those of us on XP pro anyway)?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Well, you can always try it out for yourself. It isn't hard to find...

Last version I tried was Beta 1, not sure what the latest version floating about is. I rather like it myself; although there wasn't anything drastically different from XP Pro. I had to give it up though, because it didn't like either of my network cards for some reason. That's probably fixed by now though. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Quote:
They are so new that I would be VERY surprised were ANYONE in the community to have them Smile

I tried one out, and thought of buying one, but realized that for the same price, I could get a bunch of snowboarding in instead.

Gaming isn't a big concern of mine anymore, speed for other stuff is more important to me, as I can just play games a couple years after release, and save money both on hardware and software.

Gaming rig specs:
2.3 GHz Athlon 64
2 GB ram
Geforce 6600 GT
XP Pro
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Quote:
Gaming isn't a big concern of mine anymore, speed for other stuff is more important to me, as I can just play games a couple years after release, and save money both on hardware and software.

mostly amen, exept that i hate snowboards :p
Icewing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

I had to choose Something Else because there's no 7800 GT option.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

*blinks eyes in suprise*

seldom element to see.
GravOriKlein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Intel P4 3ghz 512MB RAM

How on earth do you play with 20 bots?!?!?!?

As so.
I merely reduced resolution from 1280x1024 to 800x600.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

You're all so damned fortunate to be able to do it on any setting at all; I can't.
GravOriKlein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

I'm sad to say, you haven't missed much.
Jedi Academy is more satisfying.
I wish Republic Commando wasn't so short, though.

Quote:
who do you hate more:
Endy:
Oak:
KR:
Rob Elam:

What was the name of that artist who banned me because I said H3LL (and I won't even get to it) even the game got a Teen rating and made all the robots look like badly textured humanoid mutants instead of giant OMF robots with intriguing shapes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Hmmm...Not much going on here. I thought I'd place my updated specs, though Smile

AMD Sempron 2800, 1 GB DDR Ram (400 mhz), GForce 6200. Of course, now I lost the "glow". Had to disable it to see the game. But I see shadows now and the game works more smoothly with a greater number of players than before....
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

I play on an ATi All-In-Wonder 9600 128MB, and I can run the game on fairly high settings in low resolutions with 18 bots or less.
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

The number of bots depends on RAM methinks. I can do 20 with 1GB and on a Radeon9800XT 256MB overclocked just slightly on absolutely all full settings and 1024x768 rez. Never tried more then 20 because it gets screen laggy and I can't play for the first 10 seconds cause all the animations are loading for the first time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

It depends on RAM, CPU and GFX.

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Well yeah, I meant moreso then the other factors. I mean, there's a certain point where you simply do not have sufficient memory to process all the variables simultaneously.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What Hardware do you Game On? Reply with quote

Wow, i really need to build another computer because i can only support 6 bots, and it lags too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: