OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NaturalMotion for Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haoshiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: NaturalMotion for Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

IGN recently posted an article on Indiana Jones (next-gen) and it's use of euphoria, an advanced animation system developed by NaturalMotion.

This stuff sounds and looks amazing, looks like what I have been waiting to see in games!
Discomb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

Well they stole my idea Smile but I'm glad someone is finally doing it :smirk:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

I wonder if this is what Spore uses, anybody know?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

Wooo! Looks quite good! Let's see how it works, and what cpu and gpu, and perhaps ppu (and any more *pu? xD) you need to run that.
Ithon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder if this is what Spore uses, anybody know?
I don't think it uses there software, but it might use something simlilar. Honestly I don't know.

However spore's ai could be used with this software I supose.

But I don't care about spore as much as I do about seeing this in a... 3d fighting game with robots.

speaking of fighting games combine this animation stuff with fight night's skin flab and you have akick [filtered] sumo game.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Spore is supposed to have decent modding capability. If so, I was thinking about maybe trying to do a fighting mod for it.

Design your fighter virtually any way you want, take it into the ring, and see how it goes. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ithon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

ok I found the trailer, it's pretty cheezy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz83eX1Ev-M&search=indiana%20jones%20video%20game%20%20

the animation doesn't seem good enough
salem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

Heh, the technology looks good, but the video is a little stupid :/
Ithon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

did you notice when they guy's hand got stuck in the car he still tired to attack Indy.
salem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

No, i didn't notice that, but what i liked most is when you fall, or hit the car, it looks real (more real than ever :p), not scripted.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

Meh. It still doesn't look real; it just looks like the now-standard ragdoll physics we've been seeing for a while now. The way they fall still looks highly unnatural; I'd rather they use randomly-decided preset animations to fall rather than this goofy-looking crap.
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

I couldn't finish the trailer. It was just too awful. I didn't even get to see any of the animation.
Ithon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Next-Gen Animation / "Motion Synthesis" Reply with quote

click to the center of the clip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: